It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Orrin Hatch: The 'Poor' Should Do More To Shrink Debt, Not The Rich"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by Kitilani

your so hard left some times, your taking it out of context. 49% of americans dont pay taxes at all.

Where do you get that from?

Im sorry, its 41% of americans dont pay taxes. maybe they should put some skin in the game

www.zerohedge.com...

That is an opinion piece with an accompanying graph that seems to lack sources for the data.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

your so hard left some times, your taking it out of context. 49% of americans dont pay taxes at all.

Where do you get that from?

Im sorry, its 41% of americans dont pay taxes. maybe they should put some skin in the game

www.zerohedge.com...

That is an opinion piece with an accompanying graph that seems to lack sources for the data.

please look at the small print at the bottom, it comes from the IRS.gov web site, Thank you, have a nice day

www.zerohedge.com...
edit on 7-7-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You wanna fix the debt problem? How about this...

1) Pull all of our troops out of Iraq. We got rid of Sadam. Let them take over their problems. Billions saved.
2) Pull all of our troops out of Afghanistan. Osama is dead. Mission over. Billions saved.
3) Pull all of our troops out of any other foreign country. Billions saved.
4) Re-enact Glass-Stegal so corporations can stop screwing us over.
5) Stop allowing corporations in America to operate out of the Caman Islands. Billions collected in taxes.
6) Stop all foreign aid to all countries. Let them handle their own business.

Also...

Give American companies the ability to actually DO business in America. There would be more jobs. More jobs equals more people spending money. More money spent is a better economy. Get rid of NAFTA. And last but not least... get rid of every single politician who doesn't put America FIRST.

I'm really so sick and tired of this country. Every single day I read a new story about how this administration... how Mr. Hope and Change is literally bending this country over and having his way with it. Yes, Bush was no better but Obama is the man in charge so to speak. So he shoulders the blame. Every day I read about how some corporation gets away with bloody murder and gets a slap on the wrist. Or how some other corporations makes billions in quarterly profit but then pays $0 in taxes. Then we have these half-wit politicians and rich types who think the poor and middle class should cover the burden? Lets face a real big fact.... half the rich in this country are rich because they bend the rules to their will... or break them flat out. Meanwhile every day Americans are having to make due with less and less. And yet we have these so call representatives of the people shilling to corporations, and Israel, and whoever else pads their pockets with cash. This government does NOT represent us anymore. They do not. I'm sorry.. I'm sick of it.. they don't have Americans interest at heart anymore. They don't give a damn about us and its time for a massive change. Through peace or violent.. whichever will get the job done.

Its time to act.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMisanthrope

we have actually been having a tornado and storm outbreak here...not to mention half the state is STILL flooded...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

please look at the small print at the bottom, it comes from the IRS.gov web site, Thank you, have a nice day

www.zerohedge.com...

How about you tell me what you found at the end of either of those addresses. I can tell you I did not find either that graph or the data to support it. Did you? All there is is an Excel sheet showing adjusted gross incomes. Nothing about almost half the country paying no taxes.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Kitilani because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
this monster needs to spend his last days in a nursing home....for us poor folks, who have worked our whole lives, yet lost most of it during the rape of our country, these past four years.....and I wish him a slow, painful demise....that no amount of money and fabulous health insurance can ease!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

you seem to think that starting your own business is easy for anybody...it can be if in the right position to do so...but many people are not...thus it is not as easy as you make it out to be...you can keep believing what you want but it doesn't make you right

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!...or hear hear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well said and spot on!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Do you really believe almost half the country pays nothing in taxes?

Seriously?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I never said it was easy.

Those who do nothing but make excuses are destined for failure in business and in life. Success is everywhere, you just have to find it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMisanthrope

Seriously?

No I do not.
That is why I asked you where it came from when someone posted it.

your so hard left some times, your taking it out of context. 41% of americans dont pay taxes at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

www.zerohedge.com...

How about you tell me what you found at the end of either of those addresses. I can tell you I did not find either that graph or the data to support it. Did you? All there is is an Excel sheet showing adjusted gross incomes. Nothing about almost half the country paying no taxes.

haha its from the irs.gov web site. and only the irs can have a web site called irs.gov. what the IRS cant have excel sheets? its from the IRS web site! what more do you want from me????

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You can’t run a country with that policy and expect it to prosper.
I tell you NO COUNTRY HAS ABSOLUTE FREE TRADE. They have to protect their workers.

They have hired these politicians, Republican and Democrat, Republicans more so; [Bill Clinton did Nafta] to tell us these lies that free trade is normal. Go do some research and you will find that nothing is further from the truth.

Look at Brazil, China and India, they don’t allow their businesses to do anything they want, they have barriers to what they allow them to do, and those countries are now moving upward.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

haha its from the irs.gov web site. and only the irs can have a web site called irs.gov. what the IRS cant have excel sheets? its from the IRS web site! what more do you want from me????

Haha no it is apparently not. Because I cannot find it or the data it claims on the IRS website. This is what I am asking you. I went to both addresses and nothing was at one and the other was a completely unrelated set of data. I never said they cannot have spreadsheets. I am saying that your graph is not supported by facts and it looks like you just believed it because you wanted to because you do not even know where it got its data from.

I will ask one more time for you to support this with facts.

your so hard left some times, your taking it out of context. 41% of americans dont pay taxes at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Seriously?

Yes, 41% dont pay income taxes. YOUR goverment lies to you to "blame the rich" if we taxed those 41% of americans that dont pay taxes at 10%, saying thay make 40k a year. you would fill a hole and bring in an extra 500 billion in taxes

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Have you been living under a rock?

It's pretty much common knowledge that half the country doesn't pay taxes.

About 47 percent will pay no federal income taxes at all for 2009. Either their incomes were too low, or they qualified for enough credits, deductions and exemptions to eliminate their liability. That's according to projections by the Tax Policy Center, a Washington research organization.

Yahoo Finance source

but the fact that 47% pay no federal income tax is nonetheless disturbing

USA Today source

47 percent has become shorthand for the notion that the wealthy face a much higher tax burden than they once did while growing numbers of Americans are effectively on the dole.

NY Time source

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Haha no it is apparently not. Because I cannot find it or the data it claims on the IRS website. This is what I am asking you. I went to both addresses and nothing was at one and the other was a completely unrelated set of data. I never said they cannot have spreadsheets. I am saying that your graph is not supported by facts and it looks like you just believed it because you wanted to because you do not even know where it got its data from.

I will ask one more time for you to support this with facts.

let me hold your hand like a small child

www.irs.gov

www.irs.gov/pub

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/histab3.xls

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LetsChangetheWorld
reply to post by inforeal

What he's really saying is, "The poor should be responsible for the stealing that the rich do."

Tax the rich is a fallacy. The state is set up to benefit the rich. Under the current system, the tax money the rich pay is less than the amount they gain from the government (of course; I'm not attacking all the rich here; there are plenty of great people who are also rich).

Saying to tax the rich hurts the poor. Insiders have a benefit from higher taxes. The more taxes they pay, the more they take.

If there is a small business and a large business, higher taxes will benefit the large business (not all large businesses are evil), but, in effect, the small businesses will end up subsidizing the larger business, therefore hurting the small business.

But just because the system is corrupt doesn't mean we shouldn't work to fix it. Taxing the rich won't help; they'll just steal more. Taxing the poor won't help; the rich will steal it.

Taxes hurt non-evil people. The debt can never be paid off under the current system because the money from the Federal Reserve is created out of thin air, but the debt is not created at all. For example, if we were to start off at $0, and the Federal Reserve lent $500,000,000,000,000 at a 1.5% interest rate, the amount of money in circulation will be $500,000,000,000,000, but the additional 1.5% interest was never put into circulation, therefore making the amount of debt greater than the money supply.

The first step is to change the budget so taxes don't so much benefit the insiders. It is impossible to win via higher or lower taxes in the current system.

Quoted for truth. The ONLY issue we "proles" should be worried about right now is ridding ourselves from the Creature from Jekyll Island (aka the Federal Reserve). They're the true puppet masters and everything else is just smoke and mirrors to divide us.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by here4awhile

If you are good at what you do, or feel that you can take a piece of the pie out of your particular niche, starting your own business isn't as near of an impossible task as some make it out to be.

Living in an area PRONE to natural disasters (as in likely to get hit) is vastly different from the once a decade tornado that strikes Montana. Florida, Alabama, Louisiana as exponentially more likely to get hit with hurricanes and floods than Montana is likely to have a tornado outbreak. Think about how many natural disasters strike the gulf coast. People make a conscious choice to rebuild there, and others make a CHOICE to relocate there. Why should their choices be subsidized?
edit on 7-7-2011 by TheMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

As the former owner of a very successful business, all I have to say to you is do not get too cocky, you are not "too big to fail" and this economy has made paupers of better men. Folks once talked about the "new rich" now the subject is the new poor and those that have theirs are after them with a vengeance. Way to finish what Wall st. started by not just kicking the corpse but picking it clean. So the old Mormon Ass Hat is right about one thing only the percentage of tax payers needs to go up but not by dipping deeper into the poor but by raising standards for everyone.
How you ask? Cut military,cut corporate welfare,cut lawmaker benefits in half and end Ronnie the deficit spending puppet's tax breaks for his rich cronies. Then MAYBE the folks at the bottom could find that scrap of pie that lifts them up.
Some of ya''ll act as if all the opportunity we see in this country has not mostly dried up. NEWS FLASH during recession jobs disappear, Businesses fail and people become poor. That is most of us any way. There are those who some of you seem to worship that are untouched by any of this. They can pay tax easily on the money they make.But work hard not to. In fact they have lawyers working overtime to put the genuine burden right on your shoulders which is where it really lies any way. As primary consumers we are taxed at a far more regular and greater portion of income on every consumer good from food to fuel. We work until may to pay our tax burden last I had read when all these factors are added in.
America has become a nation "Stockholm Syndrome" cheerleaders for the abductors who have stolen everything. I know the poor are not the problem other than the rate policies are creating them and the hate being programmed for them.
seed

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This article is nothing but propaganda from far left extremists.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join