It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gov't Not Only Allowed Weapon Sales To Narcoterrorists - It PAID For The Weapons Too, According

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
by OldCorp

Kenneth Melton, the Acting Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms, has done an end run around DoJ head Eric Holder who had sought to keep Melton from testifying before Congress in the "Fast and Furious" debacle and testified anyway - secretly.

According to Melton's testimony, which he provided to Darrell Issa’s House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on the 4th of July, and was detailed in a letter from Issa and Sen. Chuck Grassley addressed to Eric Holder, the Department of Justice not only paid for the weapons - one of which was ultimately used to take the life of Border Patrol agent Brian Terry - but actively lied to Congress about the case and sought to keep Congressional investigators from interviewing those who knew about the operation.

From the letter:
He claimed that ATF's senior leadership would have preferred to be more cooperative with our inquiry much earlier in the process. However, he said that Justice Department officials directed them not to respond and took full control of replying to briefing and document requests from Congress. The result is that Congress only got the parts of the story that the Department wanted us to hear. If his account is accurate, then ATF leadership appears to have been effectively muzzled while the DOJ sent over false denials and buried its head in the sand. That approach distorted the truth and obstructed our investigation. The Department's inability or unwillingness to be more forthcoming served to conceal critical information that we are now learning about the involvement of other agencies, including the DEA and the FBI.

In the letter, Issa and Grassley stated that Melton's testimony indicated that not only was the ATF involved in selling the weapons to known "strawman" purchasers, but that those individuals were actually paid informants on the payroll of the FBI and the DEA, who used taxpayer dollars to buy the weapons.

From the letter:
The evidence we have gathered raises the disturbing possibility that the Justice
Department not only allowed criminals to smuggle weapons but that taxpayer dollars
from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities.

Corroboration for Melton's testimony can be found in the unlikeliest of places; from the very lips of one of the original seven members of the Zeta drug gang, who claims in this video that the Zetas actually bought weaponry DIRECTLY FROM the US government!

*I only know enough Spanish to get my face slapped, but HERE is the link to the following English translation.

Interrogator: And where do you get your weapons?
Rejón Aguilar: From the United States. All weapons come from the U.S.
Interrogator: How are they brought here?
Rejón Aguilar: Crossing the river. We used to bring them through the bridge, but it’s become harder to do that.
Interrogator: Who purchases the weapons?
Rejón Aguilar: They are bought in the U.S. The buyers (on the U.S. side of the border) have said in the past that sometimes they would acquire them from the U.S. Government itself.

Speculation has been rampant that Melton would be used as the "fall guy" for any governmental wrongdoing, and that this scandal - which reaches into the highest levels of the Obama administration - would quickly be swept under the rug. In the letter, Rep. Issa and Sen. Grassley warned Holder not to take any punitive action against Melton, and that Congress expects better cooperation from the DoJ.

From the letter:
Any decision about Mr. Melson's future with the Department would need to be justified solely on the basis of the facts and the needs of the agency, rather than on his decision to speak to us. We encourage you to communicate to us any additional significant information about any such decision so that we can work together to ensure that it would not impede our investigation. For now, the Office of Inspector General is still conducting its review, and we are still conducting ours. Knowing what we know so far, we believe it would be inappropriate to make Mr. Melson the fall guy in an attempt to prevent further congressional oversight.

In a response letter from the DoJ on July 6, Assistant Attorney General Ronald Weich said Issa and Grassley's allegations were unfounded, and that the DoJ has been forthcoming with information requested by Congress.

“We are puzzled by your criticism of the Department for its efforts to facilitate the Committee’s access to documents and witnesses,” Weich wrote. “Indeed, those concerns seem flatly inconsistent with statements that Chairman Issa has made on this subject in the recent past.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

Rep. Issa is really angry at the Executive branch, and the DoJ in particular, over this case. He held Weich's feet to the fire last month during his testimony before Congress. Issa badgered Weich, calling Operation Fast and Furious "felony stupid," and berating Weich personally; Issa held up completely redacted pages of information requested by his committee, shouting at Weich, "How dare you call this discovery? You should be ashamed of yourself...we're investigating YOU, your organization!" Exciting video here.

Observers around the internet have speculated that Fast and Furious was a "false flag" operation designed to undermine the 2nd Amendment, part of a "stealth agenda" by the Obama administration that began as soon as he took office (video link.) Why in the world would President Obama give other countries access to the rolls of gun owners in the US unless, at some point, they would need that information before their troops came into our neighborhoods, searching for weapons house to house, as part of a UN force?

According to Sarah Brady, wife of former White House Press Secretary Jim Brady who was shot in a failed assassination attempt on President Regan, Obama told her earlier this year that he was committed to rendering the 2nd Amendment moot through regulation, "I just want you to know that we are working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar." -SOURCE

Was Operation Fast and Furious a false flag designed to undermine the 2nd Amendment, enabling the Obama administration to enact crushing regulation to accomplish goals that could never be pushed through Congress? Why is Eric Holder actively lying to Congress about who was in charge? Why is he forbidding agents from the DoJ to testify before Congress? Does this go all the way to the top?

Personally, I can't wait to find out.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56b0323700c1.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 7/7/2011 by OldCorp because: Spellin an punkshoeation

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
No Way!

I'm shocked!

Why would the government do such a thing? ... Obama promised change!!! did he mean pennies?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Shocked AND dismayed! Our own DOJ doing something illegal? Tsk tsk....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by legitbrah
No Way!

I'm shocked!

Why would the government do such a thing? ... Obama promised change!!! did he mean pennies?

Pennies? Perhaps they meant real copper in the form of bullets...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh man, that's classic! Surely this will fall under 'national security' and therefore be shielded from the public and officials.
This is deep and thanks for a well presented thread.

spec

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I watched that video and was ready to smack the guy who sits there and apologizes. Geez man if you screw up then take the flame and come clean.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Its time for a independent federal grand jury to investigate this.

Maybe we can bind a few of these people to the stake and light a fire under them till they talk and find out how far up the chain of command the orders came from.
My guess is they came from the very top and this is a false flag op to cover a second amendment gun ban.

The public has the right to know if this is the case.

edit on 7-7-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It is my most sincere hope that Rep. Issa and Sen. Grassley find out who is responsible for this and punish them to the fullest extent of the law. Their negligence led to the death of a federal officer, and now they are trying to cover it up; they have to be breaking some kind of law here. Now that Melton has opened the floodgates, I expect to see others within the rank and fie of the ATF, FBI, and DEA to come forward with what they know. This "felony stupid" operation ended up causing the death of one of their compatriots, and if they have any honor at all they will come forward so that at least the truth can be known.

As far as my 2nd Amendment rights, it's going to take more than a dirty, no good, lying, four flushing, POS so and so to take my guns by whatever "stealth" tactics he chooses to employ. "From my Cold, Dead Hands" is right. You tell 'em Chuck.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
S&F for giving this topic attention. I'm hoping it becomes viral.
Too many people are still not aware of this huge US Gov't scandal.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
8 replies and six flags? Personally, IDC about flags and stars; can't buy anything with them, not even an ATS coffee mug. But only 8 replies?

That's just sad.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Justice needs to be taken back and lead by civilian committees within full sight of the people of the United States. Federal courts and Senate committees are not getting the job done on issues such as this topic and others such as 9/11. The federal government is unable to police and prosecute itself in matters such as these.

What will ultimately happen as a result of this? Anything? Is one person going to go to jail even though this was obviously a broad sweeping operation against the whole of Americans to serve as yet another false flag event to disrupt the second amendment perpetrated by multiple federal agencies and most likely hundreds of people?

Whatever "justice" is doled out for this treason will be pathetic and inept. Only when the true government of this country, the people of the republic judge those who perpetrate treason will justice actually be fulfilled.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Just when I think this clusterfreak mess cant get any better.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

would you be willing to send a copy of this to the UN to show them that the US ban on small means nothing, if they relay want to stop the small arms trade they should ban the US GOV from owning selling or buying them, not the people rights to do so.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

no one cares, they are all for the UN, H.R.C. and Obama, they could care less if this destroys the 2nd, there right to have own buy a fire arm let a lone the fact the our GOV is arming a foreign hostel people with the intent to do harm and kill, is this not against the Constitution? Can they, BATF heads be charged with something, such as treason, sedation, and giving aid to the enemy of the USA for are we not at war? war on drugs or is that over ? is there a peace deal we the people not hear of? for as far as I know we are still at war with the drug makers sellers and buyers of said drugs, and yet our GOV says ok here you go come kill our own we will not stop you. I think i am going to sick, for it just sank in, what our gov is up to.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by OldCorp

would you be willing to send a copy of this to the UN to show them that the US ban on small means nothing, if they relay want to stop the small arms trade they should ban the US GOV from owning selling or buying them, not the people rights to do so.

I think we can clean up our own mess. I can't think of any reason for which I'd go running off to the UN begging for help. It's very simple - if anyone in Congress besides Issa and Grassely - has the balls: Find out who though up this mess, who authorized it, and who carried it out and prosecute them all.

According to a BREAKING NEWS thread just posted on ATS, Operation Gunrunner was specifically funded in Obama's "Stimulus" package. I wonder if he read that part?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I am really wonder just how serious Congress is about investigating this case.

I hope they get to the bottom of it, but a part of me says it is just another sham to make the other side look bad.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

Oh man, that's classic! Surely this will fall under 'national security' and therefore be shielded from the public and officials.
This is deep and thanks for a well presented thread.

spec

Thank you for putting up that pic spec. For those who can't see the "exciting video" I linked above, those are just a few of the completely redacted pages of information that was provided to Issa's office by the DoJ, and was what he meant when he yelled, "You call this disclosure?"

Just tryin to keep the thread alive.

I've seen some videos on the Los Zetas gangs. Apparently they've taken a page from the al-Qaeda handbook and have been beheading some of their captives, videotaping and uploading it to the internet in order to spread fear amongst their enemies..

top topics

join