It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we please have a moratorium on "new" Elenin threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

It's not about the controversy. See my post above. It's about intelligence and rationality. By your comment it seems you suffer from an inflated ego and sense of entitlement. "Go back to CBS...." Not only is it insulting, it is comments like these that are pushing this site's motto into "condone ignorance."

I'm sure the OP is all for thinking outside the box, unfortunately he is one of those people around here who enjoy using his brain to discern between reality and fantasy. This site is not about becoming a national inquirer style crap hole filled with ignorance and baseless idiocy. It's about using FACT and RATIONALITY to truly peel back the layers and get to the truth.
edit on 7-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Erm, this was addressed to the Mods, actually....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

thanks, i will take a ego boost were i can, but as for your "ad hoc" attacks and synopsis of an onion, sorry to be one of bad news with your obvious main stream media education. But, the op,as well as yourself sound like a bunch of crybabies that do not want any form of talking about conspiracies to be formilated without a theory from the MSN. The same MSN and academia which has been collectively put together by a few scholars such as the individuals in Texas.

In a nutshell; this sight is all about conspiracies, as well an outlet for individuals who do not understand the world they live in to come together and form their own opinion.

So like i told the op and i am telling you; If "conspiracies' upset you, maybe you two should find another academic "safe" location to throw yourselves at. Because i for one, enjoy coming to this sight and hearing what individuals and their experiences have to offer, regardless how many times this information has been put out there

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

...and the Mods will tell you that people can post whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the T&C.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

Conspiracy theories do not bother me in the least. Ignorance and stupidity tend to.

You make a lot of assumptions.

The OP stated that he intended this for the mods, which I neglected to notice at first. I am done in this thread for that reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I do have to wonder why you'd post on ATS if you don't like conspiracies? Wouldn't it just upset you to post on a board that's all about something you don't like?

I don't like Lil Wayne's music. I don't post on his messageboard. Maybe I should go over there and be like, "How can you listen to this!?"

Anyway, this post makes me want to start an Elenin thread.
I just can't think of anything to say about it at the moment.

edit on 7-7-2011 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Addressed to the Mods ? WTF are you talk'in bout DJ ? How were we supposed to know that?

That's it ! I'm tak'in back all my flags.

edit on 7-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Erm, this was addressed to the Mods, actually....

Well you've been here long enough to know how to contact Mods and it ain't by starting a thread actually..

There is a contact or alert feature or simply U2U a particular Mod.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Indeed. If a thread offers a new idea then it can stay up. If a thread covers an angle/article that is covered in another thread then it will be closed and re-directed. This is how it's always been and how it works on most internet forums.

Flavour of the month is Elenin. Last month it was the (supposed) rapture. Two months ago it was Bin Laden's death. Six months ago it was the (supposed fake) birth certificate. And with every hot topic we see hundreds of ideas presented in new threads - everyone feels their opinion is worthy of a new thread. And we should respect that UNLESS it can be added to an existing thread.

Alert the staff if you feel that a thread is a duplicate thread. They'll review it and take appropriate action. It helps if you include a link to "the original" thread when you alert on a duplicate thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

YOU SAID IT!!! Like walking down the street with people holding a bunch of end of world signs, just try to ignore them. That's the best way to put it man.

Let me tell you this. If I had definitive proof of this extinction level event I would immediately sell all of my stuff I do not need, move to Maui and live near the beach. These extinctionists are like grown up emo kids.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
well i jumped on this thread to see if there is solid debunking proof. none. of course there is no definitive proof about the comet being an ele. so im still in the middle waiting for someone or something i can trust on this matter. but for the time being i just see sniping at one another on each elenin thread and no definitive proof either way. i believe imo, that we all will just have to wait an see. dont expect much myself but am very intrigued by the electrical and alignment possiblities. i do know the seed banks arent just for looks. and unlike the supposed bunkers the seed vaults are most definitely real.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What there is, are coincidences, that show earthquakes occuring during the lineup of a comet that has led to speculation that its something else, such as a dwarf star.

Throughout history, Empires have come and gone. This one has the capacity to destroy all life on earth and has been with us, since WW2. Even the Muslim Brotherhood sprang out of its ideals. One only needs to research Banna and Nazi's to see what I mean.

Its very alarming that they are creating a link between an innocuous comet and earthquakes. This tells me we will be in danger in October.

Part of the conspiracies, are based on using ones brain to think deeply and connect dots.

The evidence that there is nothing to elenin doesnt exist. The hype around it is orchestrated. By whom?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Now, I'm no big city lawyer, but it sounds like this thread is advocating censorship. If we limit ELEnin topics, then we can limit every other topic. I'd rather ignore such posts...until they post actual evidence...than to censor them.

Censorship bad, open discussion good.

That said, I did have a dream last night that the world exploded after being hit by a large planetoid. I would suggest everyone grab your BOBs and head to your bunkers.....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Now, I'm no big city lawyer, but it sounds like this thread is advocating censorship. I

No. I am advocating editorial judgement. Huge difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Feltrick

Now, I'm no big city lawyer, but it sounds like this thread is advocating censorship. I

No. I am advocating editorial judgement. Huge difference.

If you believe the Mods have missed a thread that shouldn't be there then send them an alert..

If you are tired of Elenin threads then I suggest NOT starting another one as you have done.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If you are tired of Elenin threads then I suggest NOT starting another one as you have done.

Yeah, I was being "meta," but you got me there... drat! I was going to give you a star... oh well....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I see the comet trail on the galactic movement software, The elenin is not going to hit us, are yo blind?? It is faaaaar! GGGRRRRRRaooooorrrrr!

ehm, my badd

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yeah, stop the Elenin threads from appearing: it's all psyops creating fear. Perhaps, these sort of threads belong under the "Alien and UFO" forum because people seem to get comets and ufos confused with each other and in both instances the "images" and videos don't hold up to scrutiny here at ground level where most of us live, well, hope to see another day, that is if... Oh, never mind!
edit on 2011-7-08 by pikypiky because: To correct "food for thoughts".

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Call it what ever you want, but it's still censorship. You are treading down a slippery slope for once you censor one post, it leaves every other post open to censoring....including yours. I've seen the dreaded MSM get hammered for "editorial judgement" and rightfully so. Now you are advocating doing the same on this forum because you dislike all of the threads concerning a certain topic? Come on!

Ignore it if you wish, but don't advocate censorship. I dislike every fearmongering post on this board, but I'd never advocate censoring them, I either argue against the fear or ignore it all together. You never know, one day they may just get it right.

ATS, please don't censor any of the threads on this board. Please don't use "editorial judgement" to delete posts. Someday, a government agency might try to do the same with this board and what will your argument against it be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join