It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OOBE questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I am really interested in trying this. But, very afraid.
Can I die doing it?
What are the chances of me dying do it?
How long does it last?
Can you give me STEP BY STEP how to do it?
Does it hurt? (lol)
Where exactly do I go when I have an OOBE?

And thats about it... Anyone care to answer?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Here is an article that explains step by step for achieving one:
www.crystalinks.com...
(The link was originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho here)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Robert Monroe write fabulous books on this subject. I think the best one is FAR JOURNEYS but thats IMO.

I think you have to choose to not come back to your body for to die.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willcall3937
Can I die doing it?

This is not a popular answer but I have come to believe you can die. There are a few cases out there where people died in their sleep & no physical cause for death could be found.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
yes it is possible to die, if you have not the basic knoledge about the astral, but it is extremly rare, due to natural body mechanisms that in the case something goes wrong , you are "pulled back" with out option. but that natural defenses have some flaws too. so, you can die, but it is very very hard to happen. althou, astral trip is not advised to people with heart problems.
P.S. due to that natural defenses, nobody can "chose" at free will to "stay out side"! that it's completly forbiden in normal situations. but there are other possibilities that can make you stay "there" for many many time", like the people in Coma stasis.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Can I die doing it?

I highly doubt it. You have a silver cord that is connected to your physical body, the cord breaks when you die. People during their OOBE's have taken the risk and tried to twist it, pull it tear it off.. Never worked.

What are the chances of me dying do it?

None, or very close to none.

How long does it last?

Sometimes it depends on yourself, especially when you are more experienced as an Astral Projector, and sometimes it depends on your "mechanism" that brings you back, which is usually triggered by high levels of emotion. Or if there's something uncomfortable at your physical body -- pain, loud noise, bright light, pet cats or dogs licking your face
-- you'll also go back.

And because time behaves much differently in those planes of existance, or doesn't even exist at all. There is a possibility that you have an astral projection that may seem to be years long, or centuries long... that happen only in 30 minutes physical time.

Can you give me STEP BY STEP how to do it?

There lots of different methods, some are mentioned here on the forum, and there are more that you can find on www.astralpulse.com...

Does it hurt? (lol)

Only when you allow it to, by believe that it could hurt. The Astral body cannot be hurt or damaged, unless the illusion is created by the mind for it to be so.

Where exactly do I go when I have an OOBE?

Anywhere you want, just make sure you channel enough energy from your physical body to your astral body via the silver cord. There are training grounds though, the monroe institute has a place in the astral world called focus 27, and the astral pulse website has the astral pulse island. Here OOBE's can sharpen their skills and do fun stuff...

[edit on 12-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Or if there's something uncomfortable at your physical body -- pain, loud noise, bright light, pet cats or dogs licking your face
-- you'll also go back.

Yeah, those pets can get a little pesky.
But I still love them.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There really is no step to step. Its more like concentrating and focus more than steps. There are steps that have certain "experiences"(looking for word) that you will learn when you are going into an oobe. I have been trying for about 2.5 months now. I havent completly oobed yet. I know I did when I was about 8 yrs. old but didnt relize it untill I came to ATS! I have had the feeling of heavyness, weightlessness, and spinning. But have been able to "let go" to say the least. The members here at ATS sure do know what they are talking about so keep visiting web sites and listen! They sure have helped me out.

About dying in an oobe? I dont think its likely. Im sure God were to let you know in your Oobe. Or whatever you believe in. Proabably a .00000000000000000000001 chance of dying. (:puz

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
One thing I've also read about: You can meet the core of God (the highest concentration of God), temporarily lose your individuality and become part of it also during an OOBE. That's what I've read, and I haven't reached that far yet. Probably everything is accesible during an OOBE.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have also read somewhere that you can communticate with the dead (family friends) while having an oobe. I have also read about multiple "dimensions" of astral. I didnt quite get that. Where was the article on the god and man as one? Or was it a book

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I read it years ago from different sources, but you can probably find the same ideas in different articles and books. Now I remember that one of those OOBE's of being one with God was an NDE. BUt I've read so many that I can't remember which one it is.

And as for communicating with the deceased is very simple. When you're out of your body, you're in the same worlds that they inhabit now.

And the astral does have multiple subdensities where there are false heavens and false hells. Which are places the deceased go to that coincide with their belief systems, and ways of thinking. People of the same church will often end up in the same false heaven and stay there until they realise that it's a false heaven. They they can move on to the other planes, to further their evolution.

Here are links on the other planes:

www.innerlab.com...

www.spiritual.com.au...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm more interested in RTZ at the moment. I'm thinking of gathering more info. for a possible project, doing it more purposely this time. It would be interesting how much I can gather on purpose to make it worthwhile to report to the authorities. Well, if my higher self allows it, it shall happen.

In any event, it's comforting to know justice is still being served one way or another.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Can I die doing it?

I highly doubt it. You have a silver cord that is connected to your physical body, the cord breaks when you die. People during their OOBE's have taken the risk and tried to twist it, pull it tear it off.. Never worked.

[edit on 12-8-2004 by TheBandit795]

And never will work , if you try in that way! nobody can breack his own silver cord!
but in very especific places in the low astral there are "things" that can do it! I am not "guessing" bandit! i have the proper knoledge about it to assure you this. but as i sayed, it is extremly rare, but possible.
and yes , the cord breacks when you die, but just after 76 Hours.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In the Holy Bible, it states that the dead in christ will rise first, before rapture. I remember when my grandmother died my mom said that she was in heaven now. I dont think that no one goes to heaven or hell but stays on earth untill the "waiting room" game is over.

new topics

top topics

join