It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: Guest Interview - Stanton Friedman *We Want Questions for Him from You*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I just find it hard to believe sometimes that the US government would even let us know that somewhere like this exists?

They didn't... it was Bob Lazar that let us know where it was. Before that the government denied its existence.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Forgot one...

What is your honest opinion of Edgar Fouche (who claims to be your friend) and the TR3B?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Dear Sir,

It is a common thread in conspiracy circles that our planet, if not our species, has a known history far greater than admitted to: There are sites and artifacts that receive little or no attention because they point to an idea well outside of the accepted version of the history of life on this world.

I have seen many interviews with astronauts and space workers who have 'spoken out'; to those who have an open mind there is possiblly a great deal of evidence to suggest that our own solar system is littered with artifacts from an advanced culture.

The mythology of aliens is an 'easy' explanation for something perhaps far more incredible...

What are your thoughts on the idea that 'aliens' are in fact former residents of 'our' solar system, or even this very planet, who are monitoring the progression of thier far younger siblings?

edit on 8-7-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
I just find it hard to believe sometimes that the US government would even let us know that somewhere like this exists?

They didn't... it was Bob Lazar that let us know where it was. Before that the government denied its existence.

It should be obvious by now that Bob Lazar has been proven to be, by inference of course, a fraudulent crackpot. For someone who claims to have an MS in physics and claims to have worked as a physicist, how can you proceed to claim "it takes a lot of energy to travel at the speed of light"?

Also, there are no records of him ever attending MIT or Caltech. In fact, his supposed degree in "electronics" is not offered in any institution in the world, let alone at Caltech. Maybe he meant electrical engineering? It is completely understandable to forget the name of the field you did at least a 2 years masters degree in and a possible thesis.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
My question would be this, or more of a fact check for him to ackowledge. Wrong or Right?

Mr Friedman isn't it true sir that you have NOT worked as a "nuclear physicist" since somtime before 1970?

Mr Friedman isn't it true that the only career you have had since 1970 has been writing ufo novels and the Roswell Research you swear by, also the speaking engagements you get paid to do?

Just because you have the title nuclear physicist does not mean you are special, smarter than everyone else sir. The truth is you have no clue, and no proof of what you say other than people telling stories.

I know that you have called Bob Lazaar a hoaxer, well sir thats exactly what I say about you.

I Think Somebody Needs A Hug.

I Can Answer Your Only Two Questions. Yes And Well, Yes.

Now, I Suggest You Go Back And Read ALL Of GEL's Post.

With That Said, Do You Have A Real Question?

Spewing Hate Is Trivial At Best.

If You Are So Certain Of Your Beliefs, Ask Him A Question That Could Possibly Give You The Validation You Require.
His question is entirely relevant as Mr. Friedman predicates his entire credibility on the fact that he is a nuclear physicist. In fact, to this day, he wastes no opportunity to remind people of the fact during every interview, lecture and convention he attends. Frankly he has ridden that oxcart since 1970 while, oddly enough, never being questioned on that.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My question would be this.

Mr Friedman, as a person possesed of a keen interest in UFO and alien topics, I am constantly fustrated by the habitual flogging of and ignorance of science among those who call themselves believers. What is it, in your opinion , which validates the use of shamanism, and other unsupportable mystic investigation methods, and invalidates the scientific process (which might I add keeps people alive , and is the sole reason we can even get into space at this time in history)?

Also, assuming that the end goal of any investigation into the UFO subject is to bring the truth to light, would it not be more sensible to use methods which can be accepted by the greatest majority of nations and peoples? If you would agree with the above, can it really be said that stepping away from science and into the realm of the mystic can possibly be any use? Its widely known that science is a language more widely spoken, and its results more widely accepted than near enough any other investigative medium. Therefore, assuming the intent to bring to light the truth about UFO (whatever that eventualy turns out to be) would it not be prudent to concentrate ones efforts with test tubes and lazers, than with other, more esoteric methods?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
His question is entirely relevant as Mr. Friedman predicates his entire credibility on the fact that he is a nuclear physicist. In fact, to this day, he wastes no opportunity to remind people of the fact during every interview, lecture and convention he attends. Frankly he has ridden that oxcart since 1970 while, oddly enough, never being questioned on that.

from Stanton's own site..

Nuclear Physicist-Lecturer Stanton T. Friedman received his BSc. and MSc. Degrees in physics from the University of Chicago in 1955 and 1956. He was employed for 14 years as a nuclear physicist by such companies as GE, GM, Westinghouse, TRW Systems, Aerojet General Nucleonics, and McDonnell Douglas working in such highly advanced, classified, eventually cancelled programs as nuclear aircraft, fission and fusion rockets, and various compact nuclear powerplants for space and terrestrial applications.

He became interested in UFOs in 1958, and since 1967 has lectured about them at more than 600 colleges and 100 professional groups in 50 U.S. states, 10 Canadian provinces and 18 other countries in addition to various nuclear consulting efforts. He has published more than 90 UFO papers and has appeared on hundreds of radio and TV programs including on Larry King in 2007 and twice in 2008, and many documentaries.

The time line seems off... and it does seem odd you would give up a carreer in nuclear physics to become a UFOlogist

www.stantonfriedman.com...

It just bothers me a LOT that he feels he needs to continue to bash Bob every chance he gets when Bob is long gone for the circuit and not around to defend himself... Even today Bob is #1 spot on Stanton's front page

"the Bob Lazar Fraud"
www.stantonfriedman.com...

Yet it was Bob that put Area 51 on the map...

So what is up with that? Why drag Bob out everytime you want to make your case? Makes no sense at all to me...

On debunkers...

UFO Congress - Interview With Stanton Friedman 2011

New Movie

"THE ROAD TO RACHEL" Official Movie Trailer

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The time line seems off... and it does seem odd you would give up a carreer in nuclear physics to become a UFOlogist

What's weird about it? Do you think UFOlogists are some crazy people that were released from the psychiatry? Now I get it this isn't just skeptics here but haters too, haters gonna hate.

Anyway, only one question per person, moderators?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

What's weird about it? Do you think UFOlogists are some crazy people that were released from the psychiatry? Now I get it this isn't just skeptics here but haters too, haters gonna hate.

Anyway, only one question per person, moderators?
You really don't like others questioning your beliefs, do you? Maybe you should look at yourself a little closer before you go calling other people haters.
Friedman might be your little hero but it's illogical to assume that everyone else will fawn over him unquestioningly. Again, that's part of what "Deny Ignorance" means.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Question for Stanton Friedman:

Several books have been released recently postulating about the advanced technology of the NAZIs at the end of WWII. These books make note of the fact that most of this technology may have been transported to South America or Antarctica and further developed. Could the early UFO crashes in the US and elsewhere, after the end of WWII, have actually been these NAZI developed craft, in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
You really don't like others questioning your beliefs, do you? Maybe you should look at yourself a little closer before you go calling other people haters.
Friedman might be your little hero but it's illogical to assume that everyone else will fawn over him unquestioningly. Again, that's part of what "Deny Ignorance" means.

I'm not a believer, sorry for you. I just make connections between facts and give them a 'possible' mark unlike you close-minded for who everything is lie, liers, hoaxes, lanterns, flares, kind of pathetic. Im in the middle get it? I've said it many times, nail it in your heads, don't believe everything on the net, don't deny everything, either is equally dumb.

Deny Ignorance - ignorance doesn't mean just believers who refuse to accept something is wrong dont you think ignorance also means people who refuse to accept anything as true? Eh? Deny Ignorance indeed, I have argued with both some who believe too much and some who deny everything too much.

edit on 8-7-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
thank you for the opportunity but i do not require someone else to verify the existence of non terrestrial life.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Oh man this is AWESOME - I've been listening to Stanton's ideas ever since I was a kid... can't wait to tune in to the show this weekend. Please promise me one of you will make a recording of this.

As far as a question I'd love to ask him goes, how about this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-7-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Make a text version too of Q&A, just a suggestion. So only 1 question per person?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
thank you for the opportunity but i do not require someone else to verify the existence of non terrestrial life.

What makes you think he's "verifying" it for us?

He's someone who's been in the field for a long time, and has a lot of knowledge on the subject. So, for this reason it's great to have his insight like this. But, nowhere does it say his word is to be blindly accepted still..

I think he'd prefer we at least think for ourselves here.

Anyway, I'll think of a question sometime later on once I have time to really think about it (and come up with one no one's thought of thus far).

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

reply to post by dethduck

I'm not a believer, sorry for you.
And yet, you immediately attack anyone who dares to question the credibility of Mr. Friedman

I just make connections between facts and give them a 'possible' mark unlike you close-minded for who everything is lie, liers, hoaxes, lanterns, flares, kind of pathetic.
And here, again, you resort to personal attacks filed with assumptions. You do not know me any more than I know you, yet you claim to know what I do and do not believe? Being open minded does not preclude questioning what you are presented with.

I've said it many times, one should nail in their heads that when so many people are reporting things, then apparently some objects are seen and their behavior should tell that it's not always balloons flares or whatever stupid reasons you give. So one should not believe everything on the internet but should not be ignorant twat who refuses one damn thing to say 'possible'. Im in the middle get it? In many places I call the videos hoaxes, in some I just think they could not.
And yet, I agree. I find it far from believable that all we see these days are chinese lanterns and CGI. I leave the possibility open that there is more, but, of course, you've already made that judgement for me haven't you oh so open-mindedly. Now here's the kicker. Mr. Friedman had consistently put everything without exception into the "Grey Basket™©", everything that is but Roswell and the Betty & Barney Hill abductions. The two cases he brought forth nearly 40 years ago now and generally all that he built his fame on.

How open minded is that?

Sad people use ATS
Seriously, show some integrity and refrain from the insults. It does nothing to bolster your viewpoints.
edit on 7/8/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

People shouldn't play into his hands with the questions but be as skeptic as possible without crossing the line.

For instance, ask whether or not the crash was a military craft of the US/Soviets and that the alien story was a damage control story and a psi-op all together.

Because so far, I've seen zero intelligent species from other planets flying aircrafts and plenty of military crafts.

As side arguments for this stance; The amount of books being sold by charlatans. amount of people being led astray by these charlatans. A rise in public hysteria, and so forth.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

This thread is about questions to him, not haters or skeptics to discuss if he's a lier. I responded to what appeared to be hateful posts about him in a thread for questions. Whether he's a lier or not you can't say, keep the hate to yourself. If you don't believe him why do you post here at all to say how fake he is? That is just trolling.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

This thread is about questions to him, not haters or skeptics to discuss if he's a lier. I responded to what appeared to be hateful posts about him in a thread for questions. Whether he's a lier or not you can't say, keep the hate to yourself, else this is just trolling when the point of the thread is people to just ask questions not talk about his credibility... If you don't believe him, why post here at all? You (all who do so) are trolling
And the postings that you've attacked, and that is what you did, were indeed valid questions that apparently you did not like. Do not come in here playing moderator and passing judgement on others. We already have people for that. This is a forum of differing opinions, either respect those differences or ignore them.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by cerebralassassins

What makes you think he's "verifying" it for us?

He's someone who's been in the field for a long time, and has a lot of knowledge on the subject. So, for this reason it's great to have his insight like this. But, nowhere does it say his word is to be blindly accepted still..

I think he'd prefer we at least think for ourselves here.

Anyway, I'll think of a question sometime later on once I have time to really think about it (and come up with one no one's thought of thus far).

oh i do agree with you, and i meant not to discredit the gentleman in any shape or form.

But the issue regarding if aliens exist, or if any particular or co-operative terrestrial government is in possession of technology that has non terrestrial origin has been documented and verified. People give way to much credit to the human race and its level of evolution when referring to advanced technology and its methodology in applying it to society. A classic example of what is to come are the terrestrial bound drones that at some point will be made public that are launched and retain a high orbit trajectory and are autonomous with in built ai genetically grown brain cells. You might have seen those weird and gruesome experiments on rats and sheep regarding modification behavior, that's just the tip of the iceberg. As someone was kinda enough to point me to the black out regarding jupiter and why nasa regards jupiter as another gas giant when we have all the technology in place to send , land, analyze, launch and re acquire physical and visual proof. The mars expedition was not the first of its kind, however it was the safest way to send a probe into a hostile region of space. Then again, this would also make a great movie...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join