It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: Guest Interview - Stanton Friedman *We Want Questions for Him from You*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Honestly, I would prefer it if it was his decision to choose what to talk about.

Trust me, you wouldn't. Stan delivers similar speeches for a living.

By asking questions, there's an opportunity to make the interview more original and interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'd like to ask him if this subject is really worth knowing about. If these beings exist, then they are undoubtedly from a completely foreign moral and logical background from human beings. Their mission here does transgress upon our territory, by our standards, but by theirs...probably not so much. Is it our place to question the judgement of beings that are hundreds of thousands/millions of years our technological senior? Is it our place to be bothered by government coverups about the issue? I mean, in all honesty we're probably being kept from a truth that would not only break down human authority, but probably everything we know or think we know (including conspiracy theorists...especially conspiracy theorists), this information would probably change what it means to be human in this bright and starry cosmos. Would one really like to know that they are the intellectual equivalent to goldfish when compared to visitors from the stars?

EDIT: If that's far too complicated to ask then I'll be brief: Is it really our business to question a race of beings who have mastered interstellar star flight, dimensional travel, or timetravel (they could be humans from the future)...especially when they haven't posed any overt threat to our way of life and or society.

Sorry for being so long winded...
edit on 7-7-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Honestly, I would prefer it if it was his decision to choose what to talk about.

Surely, he must have something in particular that he would like to talk about, that he most likely thinks is something that many of us do not already know.

That is not how an interview works on ATS Live. While we give them a bit to do an intro, we do a bit of a round robin and we are providing the members here a rare opportunity to get their questions to him. Specific questions that may never be covered if one were to just give a prepared speech.
edit on July 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Which major Ufologists in the public eye maybe for self gain do you think do the worst disservice to the subject.
edit on 7/7/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Mr. Friedman,

What are your thought's on the Anunnaki and do you think they'll reappear in the very near future along with "comet" ELENIN in some fashion or another?

Thank you!

my3911
edit on 7-7-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

edit on 7-7-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Do you think ATS debunkers do an admirable job at debunking the UFO hoaxers out there, and do you think debunking is a very important part of Ufology to get to the truth.
edit on 7/7/11 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sir, what do you think of the newest claim made by investigative journalist Annie Jacobsen , that alleges The Roswell Incident was actually a Soviet/Russian craft. (and the rest of her book on Area 51-if you would like).

I heard her on a radio show yesterday. The woman needs "interviewed" by someone not throwing Softball questions-who can rally discect her story.

Anyway, thank you.

Latest Theory Says Roswell UFO Was Russian Craft
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why did they crash landed?

Were they part of a community?

Do you believe in God?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Are you concerned at all that while interest in the subject of UFOs has seen a marked increase, that there's also been a reciprocal negative effect in that the great majority of people seem to accept any story? How would you counter balance banging the drum to get people interested in looking at the legitimate cases, while tempering expectations so they don't become so overly exuberant that they make fools of themselves and further misrepresent the subject?

This leads to another major dilemma. As a key exponent advocating the conspiracy cover-up argument. How would you go about rebutting the grand foul-up angle, considering the lack of details divulged in the unprecedented military leaks over the last year or two? The dearth of material lends plausibility to the ruminations by McDonald and Saunders. They accept the possibility of small situational cover-ups, but not a "cosmic watergate." If the grand foul-up hypothesis is correct that suggests the right way to get to the bottom of the UFO problem isn't by demanding "disclosure," but rather by insisting on further scientific and governmental investigation. In light of the lack of new FOIA documentation would you agree it's important to reframe the debate?

Thanks for your time Mr. Friedman.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
with the space shuttle being canceled , will this cause the US to lose interest in the International Space Station(ISS) or will the US continue in ISS program ?
There are a lot of great questions in this thread for Friedman. However I can answer this one, the US support for the ISS has been extended from 2015 to 2020:

www.physorg.com...

The bill passed by the House on a 304-118 vote brings major changes to NASA's space agenda: It dismantles the Constellation program under which former President George W. Bush sought to return astronauts to the moon, and extends the life of the International Space Station from 2015 to 2020. The Senate passed the measure last month.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sir,
In the name of humanity, with every eye and breath poised for change.
In your line of investigation, your view of commentary of witnesses, physical, photographic and analogy.......
Money is just paper,
A truth is priceless..

We are either on the brink of real discovery of ourselves in the universe, or its just all paper money.

Convince us on ATS that your truth will be remembered and valued..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a loaded question, but I'd like to ask him if he really intends to stick with the notion that UFOs are in some way connected to some kind of hypothetical "aliens," even though there has been nothing in the last 50 plus years to indicate that, including his own research?

I would also like to ask him if he has any kind of personal, secret knowledge -- possibly provided to him by military or government sources -- that confirms a UFO-alien connection and that he might someday reveal to the general public.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It was just an opinion. I thought opinions were permitted.
IF he reads it, then he will know what I stated.
Certain statements can easily be turned into a question, if they are reworded correctly.
I did not feel a need for that.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Stanton is probably my favorite UFOlogist and I'm always eager to hear him speak on the subject. I've watched many interviews with him, but I don't think I've ever heard him comment on these subjects. If he has, feel free to ignore!

What do you think about the various types of alien races that are supposedly visiting our planet? Do you buy into the tales of reptiles/insectoids/nordic guys or do you believe it's only the greys who are visiting?

Do you believe in the theories/reports of "alien" bases/ruins on the moon and Mars? Or that our own moon may be an artificial satellite. A "Death Star", if you will (that's no moon..). And if so, do you think that may be why we never returned to the moon?

I'm sure you've heard the reports of the various "black triangles/boomerangs" (the famous Belgium wave, the Illinois triangle seen by multiple police officers, the 8 PM Phoenix Lights craft). What is your opinion on those craft? Ours or theirs? Popular theory is that these craft are a top secret military vehicle named the TR-3B, but some of these craft seem to be massive, which brings doubt to that claim.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Stanton Friedman:
I have 2 questions that I would like for you to answer:
1) As there is quiet a search for extraterrestrial life that has gone on and the debate ranges far and wide, the question would be is it wise for us to attempt any sort of contact with an advanced race out in space, without the precaution of safety towards both us and them? Their science may be advanced, but could there not be a danger of cross contamination that would have devastating effects on both sides from an initial meeting of an being that was not terrestrial, even unintentional, where we would be just as effected by some form or bacteria or virus that they may carry and be immune to and the same goes for us?

2) With all of the diverse cultures on the earth, would there not be some form of panic and chaos if it was shown conclusively that there was alien life forms that were intelligent and visiting earth? How would that information change the very paradigm of the human perception of the universe?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Looking foreward to Mr Friedman's interview.
My Question is,
The Flatwoods Monster sighting in Sept. of 1952 was
a high profile incident that gained national coverage.
You wrote the foreward to Frank Feschino's extremely
interesting and well documented book entitled "Shoot Them Down".
Do you have knowledge of any recent disclosure by the USAF
on this Flatwoods sighting and are you going to do any
additional research in this area?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Dear Mr. Friedman,

With the search on for planets, Earth-like or otherwise, by NASA's PlanetQuest and the current estimates of ~360 to ~38K advanced and stable alien civilizations that are theorized to exist in our galaxy alone, have you ever, during your years of research, come across any estimates of how many of these civilizations may be type 3 or above on the Kardashev scale? Also would it be possible to be able to recognize such an advanced civilization from great distances due to the enormous usable energy levels attained by said civilization? If so what type of "finger prints" could we look for?

On the topic of close encounters, when there is a type 3 encounter or higher, why is it that most extraterrestrials described seem to show qualities that are anthropomorphic in nature? Most (if not all) are described to be bi-pedal with human-like features. Why are there not more outlandish descriptions of extraterrestrials? What would be the most logical reasons for this?

Thank you for your time,

AeonStorm
edit on 7-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: punc. + added

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Mr Friedman,

Of all that you have read, seen and researched throughout your long career following the Alien/UFO phenomena, according to you, Sir,

What is the Indisputable Smoking Gun ?

edit on 7-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Mr. Friedman, my question is what is your thoughts on the subject of ancient aliens and what types of discoveries do you think are still to be made in this subject? Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Why aren't there organized sky watches? A specific time, everyone point whatever recording devices they have to a specific direction in the sky for a specific amount of time.

Then compare data? I'm sure there are more than enough willing participants. I'm sure there would be enough resources that would be donated as well, to complete such an event, or events.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join