It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Ejection Seats - Russia or USA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Whats the background story on that first image posted on that F-16 Thunderbird ejection... was there a accident? or was it a demonstration of some sort?

The pilot of that-16 was trying to do a stunt at an air show but he was too low to recover and he ejected in the middle of an air show. The planed did not hit any people but it was too close for comfort. Some members oh the crowd though it was part of the show and were cheering

[edit on 17-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordofLard
Martin Baker supply seats for the A6, F14, F18, T45, Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon & JSF!!

www.martin-baker.com...

Hawk, Harrier, JSF, Aviojet, Mirage F1 and 2000, Rafale, Tucano, Eurofighter, F-14, Lavi, T-45, F/A-18C/D, F/A-18E/F, Nanchang A5M, Nanchang K-8, F-5 A/B/E/F/Tiger IV, Tornado, T-6, X-31, Gripen, V-22 Osprey, Eurocopter Tiger and a bunch of Sikorskys.

I'd say that's a lot of industry approval....

"Martin-Baker also designed, tested and delivered the Descent Control Subsystem for the Huygens Probe that is en-route to Saturn's moon Titan as part of the NASA/ESA Cassini/Huygens project. This system was delivered on time and below budget. "

edit: here is the US navy's favourite one: www.martin-baker.com...

[edit on 16-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
"V-22 Osprey" I dint even know this helicopter had a ejection seat or seats. My question is if the USAF and Navy use the martin baker on most of their jets why not put it into the F/A-22 if it is so reliable? The Aces III is the ejection seat the Raptor uses.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
"V-22 Osprey" I dint even know this helicopter had a ejection seat or seats. My question is if the USAF and Navy use the martin baker on most of their jets why not put it into the F/A-22 if it is so reliable? The Aces III is the ejection seat the Raptor uses.

It seems the US Air Force prefer other ejection seat makers. Could be political, could be technical, who knows. I know the RAF use nothing except Martin-Baker ejection seats.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by Cjwinnit]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join