It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th Sense - Through The Wormhole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Part 1

I have really enjoyed this series with Morgan Freeman and this episode was quite a treat! Granted some of the material is nothing new to ATSer's but still the work is recent and revealing. Do we have a 6th sense and can it be scientifically studied/confirmed? To some degree yes it seems, without the double blind and peer reviewed studies on all of these facets, but progress nevertheless from theoretical physics and psychology.
Part 2

I have seen numerous threads about metaphysics be attacked by physicist minded folks who laugh at some of the speculations, claiming no evidence. Actually, a bridge needs to be formed between physics and the metafantastical, imo, and Michio agrees.Check out Dr. Kaku at :56 and on, brilliant and inclusive!
Part 3

As another scientist proposes, consciousness deserves a new field of study with it's own foundation of rules.
He describes consciousness as layers, and the zone between consc and sub-consc is still an unexplored area.
He uses an example of just how complex consc can be by describing a person thinking about something, then seeing themselves thinking about something, then seeing themselves seeing themselves thinking about something and so on....like the picture inside of a pic, inside of a pic...layers. There is focal consc, peripheral, contemplative, intention and so on, many layers.

The supposition is that one thought can arise and be shared by others around the globe. The experiments done are similar to those done in The Secret Lives Of Plants*(really fascinating stuff!), and support the notion of this collective consc.
Part 4

There are some fascinating experiments here and one addresses collective consc and the ability to share a result/reaction with another person without the 5 senses. It is proposed that since the Earth's magnetic field penetrates everything, including our brains, we are somewhat connected and may be able to experience things simultaneously while apart. There is too much to go into, so may I encourage viewing the whole doc.

Dr. Beatrice de Gelder has done some interesting work regarding blind sight, and how people can sense and react to emotions without seeing them. Rather, they pickup or sense the expression on other's faces.
Dr. Beatrice de Gelder - Blind sight

wild-tracking.blogspot.com...
6th Sense Technology

Another part of the presentation regards the term presentiment, the sense that something is about to occur.
Study

Anyhoo, I thought of ATS when I saw this and felt some may dig it!
I hope before anyone is inclined to attack these premises, they will watch the doc in it's entirety.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
S&F cause I'm really digging on the series as well
I DVR'd this episode though so I don't want to read the entire OP till I've watched it ♥

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

You won't be disappointed Forever, it blew my mind a bit!
It also gave me some inspiration about our plight and abilities, which then encouraged greater sense of responsibility.

spec

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've been following this show since it came out. I can't get enough of it. Even watching re-runs, I still pick up more info that I missed the first time.

I liked the Global Conciousness Project The most out of that episode. I've heard about it before on Coast to Coast AM and here on ATS, but it's great that these scientists are getting mainstream attention. Michio surprised me by his appearance and the content he discussed. He just went up another notch in my book.

It's truly sad that most mainstream scientists scoff and look down on people who do this kind of research. It only shows how closed minded and ignorant they really are. Their influence is driven by a carrot on a string (funding), and anything that may make them lose that funding is frowned upon...i.e, alternative sciences.

.....I also love the analogies and graphical representations they use on the show. It's bloody brilliant!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Yea that GCP is awesome, and the activity prior to the actual 911 event lends credence to the theories proposed in the show, the presentiment. it also made me wonder about any collective minds that were/could have been plotting the event.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Shame that this thread didn't get much attention

I found myself saying "WOW" a LOT while watching this

Maybe you should've mentioned the 9/11 aspect

I'm so glad science is finally catching up with ideas I've suspected all along!

Makes me looks less loony when I tell people that Sunday is a rough day for me, and that it has something to do with the collective consciousness of all those people getting together and praying

That was great... I can't rave enough - I think I'll go rewatch it ♥

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

Yea I really thought this one was right up Ats's alley! It is exciting to me to be standing at the forefront of such a frontier as human consciousness and the potential 6th sense ability that seems as innate as the other senses.
Thanks for the comment and let's hope others catch a view of this

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I read through this and wanted to say starred and flagged, but then I didnt know how to give you a flag. I read through this and I am gonna watch all the videos.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I had considered posting about this but got fairly busy. I'm glad somebody did.

I never miss this series. I've been watching it for a couple seasons now and always walk away amazed.

The part where they link the two individuals up to the electromagnetic halos was fascinating. Its nice to see a

little research being done on these subjects.

S&F
edit on 8-7-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BladeRunner5050

Thanks BladeRunner5050, I think you will enjoy the episode, titillating to say the least. ( I love when I get to use that word)

To flag, for future reference, simply run the mouse over the flag rectangle where it says' flag it' and click it, as we do for stars.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownPhilosopher

I never miss this series. I've been watching it for a couple seasons now and always walk away amazed.

Me too! Often the show's subjects or references have been through the mill here, but there is also something new each episode. I am also grateful that this info makes it out to the masses and non-ATSer's, who may be unaware of such endeavors and accomplishments.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This was one of the best shows far and the most conclusive. There was a lot of evidence presented and at the end Morgan Freeman said it's not even a matter of if anymore.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Yea, this one really got me inspired Matrix! I am going to follow up on some of the work cited throughout and will post here later. Glad ya enjoyed it.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Just got to the part about the dark room flashing light experiment...
!! this show is awesome

gcp.grama.co...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Hey hey MT, glad ya stopped by! Yea, this episode blew my mind, and offered inspiration for our potential.
Like one of the guests mentioned, we need a new field of study for this, with groundrules, guidelines and terminology.

Thanks for replying,
spec

top topics

join