It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HARD DATA: Is "Comet" ELENIN causing recent, major earthquakes?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
"My cat sleeps 23 hours a day, but, during those hours my cat was sleeping, 8 people were murdered in Texas. Therefore, my cat must kill Texans in his sleep."

phew, glad I don't live in Texas
thanks for the lulz!!!

I don't want to get an OT sticker so um....

Why alignments do not cause earthquakes
Planet alignments: Fact or Fiction?
Planets for dessert - NASA Science
What causes earthquakes
Seismic FAQ: Planetary Alignments
Dr Mark Sircus: Planetary Awareness (Comet Elenin)
Planetary Alignment History

I can't tell you how many times I got to post that ♥
There are entirely too many Elenin threads with the same information.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by JaxCavalera

And on average we have one 8.0+ earthquakes every year. Last year there was only one. This year there has only been one. 2007 had four 8.0+ earthquakes, but I don't see anyone trying to connect those to some celestial catastrophe. Earthquakes happen. In fact they happen many times a day. Elenin has no impact on them whatsoever.

Exactly,
It's not as though Elenin on it's distant and long orbit would constantly effect earth with these alignments, it's only as it gets closter (within the last year) that it's got any chance to be related to the ONLY 8.0 quakes we have been experiencing thus far each year.

Like I said, come september we'll find out what's up and should notice increases in seismic activity as we approach that period of time. if nothing seems suspect as that period of time gets closer, I think we'll be in the clear.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And on average we have one 8.0+ earthquakes every year. Last year there was only one. This year there has only been one. 2007 had four 8.0+ earthquakes, but I don't see anyone trying to connect those to some celestial catastrophe. Earthquakes happen. In fact they happen many times a day. Elenin has no impact on them whatsoever.

Exactly,
It's not as though Elenin on it's distant and long orbit would constantly effect earth with these alignments, it's only as it gets closter (within the last year) that it's got any chance to be related to the ONLY 8.0 quakes we have been experiencing thus far each year.

Like I said, come september we'll find out what's up and should notice increases in seismic activity as we approach that period of time. if nothing seems suspect as that period of time gets closer, I think we'll be in the clear.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Congratulations you're the billionth Elenin thread starter.
Just kidding. Wait no I'm not. Or was this more disinformation.?
Anyways, good job.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Just gotta say that when your putting together research regarding geology and astronomy and only gather 2 months worth of data and from the internet no less you are not going to be considered anything other than a hobbyist with a computer.

This in no way would be considered legitimate research by anyone and wouldn't even be enough to justify serious research.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Im pretty sure the age of aquarius starts in 2150 but go on...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

The reason is that on average there are 150 6.0+ earthquakes every year. If you throw in 5.0+ you start getting close to 2,000 quakes a year. Therefore, probability states that within three days of an "alignment" there is going to be at least one 6.0+ quake.

And there we have, the reall reason for alignment/earthquake coincidence.

The OP is a life hating fear-mongerer. Creates fear filled Elenin threads and then of course "he's out of there".

How about speculating on HOW it's causing the earthquakes? You can't, because there is no scientific basis. It's now known by all who havea brain that it CANNOT be a Brown Dwarf. Even though the end times religuous freaks tried to make us believe that Brown Dwarfs can't be seen with the naked eye because they are so cold we now understand that it matters not how cold something is, they all reflect light. Jupiter and Saturn are as cold Brown Dwarfs and they are very bright stars in teh sky. A Brown Dwark 5 times teh size of Jupiter would be the brightest thing in the sky apart from the moon.

So it's not a Brown Dwarf. So what could cause earthquakes? Hey, maybe it's a black hole that emits just a tiny bit of light? Yea, that's it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Really? that's the reason, so it's just a coincidence that the ONLY 8.0+ quakes to happen have coincided with the alignments? Sure it could be a coincidence and I'm sure it is but still.. it's that reasonable doubt that stops me from saying 100% that there is no connection.

Sure we may not be able to see this thing, it's a comet! If you do a bit of research on comets you will note some interesting observations that have been made.

I have seen footage of a comet that was intercepted by a CME and it's interesting to note that the instant it came into connection, it's tail vanished... 1 possible cause for this is that the tail of the comet was being drawn along due to some form of Electromagnetic force and when the dominating EMF from the sun's CME connected, it caused the EMF disturbance that seemingly absorbed the tail of the comet..

There is a PHD paper that was written about this theory. I forget the name of the man who wrote it but a Google would bring up that information, I'm just pressed for time here so I have to make this short ..

Anyway long story short is we just don't have enough data either way to give a 100% answer beyond reasonable doubt.. if we did, none of these topics would last longer than the first reply with all the information on the situation would they?

Attempting to discredit the OP as a fear driver is a pretty low thing to do when we all know that no one has the enough data either way and if more topics pop up, other people who may be in the know on how to obtain more evidence either way will be more likely to notice such topics and contribute to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera
reply to post by Logman

Really? that's the reason, so it's just a coincidence that the ONLY 8.0+ quakes to happen have coincided with the alignments? Sure it could be a coincidence and I'm sure it is but still.. it's that reasonable doubt that stops me from saying 100% that there is no connection.

Sure we may not be able to see this thing, it's a comet! If you do a bit of research on comets you will note some interesting observations that have been made.

I have seen footage of a comet that was intercepted by a CME and it's interesting to note that the instant it came into connection, it's tail vanished... 1 possible cause for this is that the tail of the comet was being drawn along due to some form of Electromagnetic force and when the dominating EMF from the sun's CME connected, it caused the EMF disturbance that seemingly absorbed the tail of the comet..

There is a PHD paper that was written about this theory. I forget the name of the man who wrote it but a Google would bring up that information, I'm just pressed for time here so I have to make this short ..

Anyway long story short is we just don't have enough data either way to give a 100% answer beyond reasonable doubt.. if we did, none of these topics would last longer than the first reply with all the information on the situation would they?

Attempting to discredit the OP as a fear driver is a pretty low thing to do when we all know that no one has the enough data either way and if more topics pop up, other people who may be in the know on how to obtain more evidence either way will be more likely to notice such topics and contribute to them.

From the OP:

I just read this post and couldn't resist but congratulate you on a well stated post regarding this subject. Please stay with us and help us figure out what is going on. We need more people like you that are not so quick to dismiss the grim possibilities. I truly hope this doesn't occur, but I am about to make a huge life decision, as are many people. HARD and TRUE evidence that would prove otherwise would be music to my ears!

Cheers to you!

MY3911
edit on 7-7-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by my3911

YOU DECIDE

Anytime somebody presents a bunch of stuff with "You decide", or "You be the judge" it means they dont have a solid case that stands on its own merit.

You often see it in so-called TV "documentaries" where baseless assertions are interspersed with questions like "could it be that..." or "is it possible that..." or "was it true that...".

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by my3911

YOU DECIDE

Anytime somebody presents a bunch of stuff with "You decide", or "You be the judge" it means they dont have a solid case that stands on its own merit.

You often see it in so-called TV "documentaries" where baseless assertions are interspersed with questions like "could it be that..." or "is it possible that..." or "was it true that...".

A TEXTBOOK EXAMPLE OF TRUE SKEPTIC. I respect your judgement, but that is not what this is about. No judging here. Make your decision, keep it to yourself and MOVE ON!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

]

I don't know were you got your info from but your dates are wrong !!!

according
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

next alignment Sun- ELEnin- earth 26-09-2011 NOT 27-11-2011

so this is the key date and if that date is wrong...I suppose all the rest is also wrong

but anyway good luck with your plan

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera

Actually we do have enough information its just that some people choose to ignore it or invent new uncorroborated evidence (brown dwarfs!) to backup their theory. It can quite clearly be shown that there is no correlation between earthquakes and Elenin alignment IF , big IF you include all alignments and all earthquakes.

As has already been demonstrated there is coincidence due to the sheer number of earthquakes we have.

Anyway a few months back all earthquakes were due to HAARP
I mean pleeeease

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikke24
reply to post by my3911

]

I don't know were you got your info from but your dates are wrong !!!

according
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

next alignment Sun- ELEnin- earth 26-09-2011 NOT 27-11-2011

so this is the key date and if that date is wrong...I suppose all the rest is also wrong

but anyway good luck with your plan

Actually, thanks for pointing that out. That was a typo due to the fact I had very little time to complete this thread, hence the reason I don't have time to respond to most of you. 11/27/2011 was meant to be 9/27/2011. Sorry, I am only human, so I do make mistakes.
If anyone else see's any errors with my alignment dates, please bring them to my attention. Good Day.

TO BE CLEAR. 11/27/2011 (Sun, ELE & Earth) - The Sun, ELE and Earth will be at their closest alignment distance (.381 AU). This is when I expect the worst.

SHOULD BE:

9/27/2011 (Sun, ELE & Earth) - The Sun, ELE and Earth will be at their closest alignment distance (.381 AU). This is when I expect the worst.
edit on 8-7-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join