It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improve Your Intelligence (Brain Training Activities & Tools)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Wanted to share this with you, for if you become smarter then so will I!

lol I'm always learning from ya'll.

The brain /mind has always intrigued me Many do not realize or acknowledge the need to keep our brains physically fit/healthy. So I wanted to share these activities with you : They are supposed to improve your intelligence.

So let's get you started on your brain training activities, those of you who are interested.
I hope you enjoy !

I'm trying to get my one cell going

Brain Training Activities

Brain Reflection Test

This is a simple but effective exercise to test the reflection of your brain, the faster the better, try to get a score of 0.20 second on the first reflection test, also there is a second Reflex Test, try to get 58 points in that one, If you do achieve these two goals then you’re very fast, and we should congratulate you!

Brain Creativity

Being creative is a good thing; in fact it’s essential if we want to make our life better. Stimulating areas of your brain is a healthy process, in this page we will try to wake up (if dormant) the brain creativity potential, this game has 25 levels, let’s see how far you could go.

See full list of training activities:
www.brainmetrix.com...

Also see this site.
www.lumosity.com...
Personalize your brain training and get:
+ A customized brain fitness plan
+ Cognitive exercises tailored to your goals
+ An estimate of your improvement potential
www.lumosity.com...
You can improve your brain with personal training: , wake up those brain cells. Keep them stirring and healthy.

See Mission to Learn . www.missiontolearn.com...
It has 25 + sites and tools to exercise your brain.

Let us keep on learning
and keep our ATS minds physical fit!

I especially like this one: playwithyourmind.com...

It has all kinds of mind games and exercises.

Hope you enjoy.
----------------------------------
To add. I also have several brain training/ subliminal recordings you are supposed to listen to with a headset to share. . I'll have to find a place to upload. Can they be uploaded here at ATS? 8 meg files, some of them.
edit on 7-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
hi op
thx just spent 5 mins on it
will spend more time later
thx
dave

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Hi Dave,

I hear ya and you are welcome. Hey you did VERY well with it only being 5 minutes.

Once I get to clickin' I can't seem to stop.sometimes. It seems my OCD, I call it, kicks in!

I also have fun at www.freerice.com....
You can feed rice to the hungry, underpriviledged, while at the same time learning words and their meanings. Check it out but plz don't get too addicted

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
...cool - thx... i'm a little addicted to memory stimulating games, mostly cuz my mom has alzheimers and i'm hoping i dont have that gene or, if i do, i can stave off the effects until i snag a sugar daddy that wont give a damn if i cant remember who the hell he is (jk - sorta kinda)...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reflect times so far

now i'm starting to getting so pissed but trying to focus so hard to beat 0.2 that i'm starting to shake and feel weird lol this is bugging me i can't beat it

0.228 (woot)
0.215 (omggg)
0.251 (darn)

well i can't beat it right now, but i did have a beer just a bit ago so :\

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

You're welcome.
And thanks for your reply. I got a kick out of reading that.

Well, when old age comes and our looks are gone, and we're all sagging lol, at least our brains can/will still be sharp. We will still feel young at heart no matter how old we are !

I' really love to know and wish to keep mine stimulated... and also get those pyschic vibes going.. .The brain is an amazing thing!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

lol getting tickled at you. your post.

and OH YEAH , the beer ALWAYS helps
lmbo
Glad to know others out there that are OCD'ish *giggles*
Fun huh!?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just from my own personal research I would like to throw out that the best thing you can do to improve intelligence and stave off the effects of old age is to learn a new language. It stimulates all areas of the brain in new and different ways.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Never heard that before. Thanks .

It has always been my understanding that with ANYthing newly learned , our brains create NEW neural pathways. So I can see the new languages doing just so.
-----------------------------------------------------
Check out this link re binaural beats, and brainwave states. I find it vERY interesting.

While using the audio technology, electrical activity and energy patterns in your brain become more widespread throughout the brain instead of remaining confined to certain areas.

When this type of stimulation to the brain occurs, your brain begins to create new neural pathways. The neural stimulation encourages new dendritic growth within the brain. New dendritic growth allows for faster and smoother neural communication in the brain, and also provides more "processing power" in the brain. The dendrites are the many branching fibers extending from the neuron/cell body. These fibers increase the surface area available for receiving incoming information. The more dendrites the brain has at its disposal, the more quickly and smoothly it can process information.
See full article
www.immrama.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
...beer helps, huh?... okay, lemme go snag one and try that again... uno momento por favor...

...newsflash!... beer does NOT help... on this test (link below) i got 11 out of 150 and 91 drunkard clicks... thats what they called em - drunkard clicks!... after only half a beer!... how embarrassing!...

www.brainmetrix.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
My best score so far on the reflex one is 0.202
(although I feel I got a lucky click, all my other bests are in the 0.3 something range)

And 52 is my best score so far on the second reflex test. Thanks that was fun.

Edit: OK now it's 61!

edit on 7-7-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd
reflect times so far

now i'm starting to getting so pissed but trying to focus so hard to beat 0.2 that i'm starting to shake and feel weird lol this is bugging me i can't beat it

0.228 (woot)
0.215 (omggg)
0.251 (darn)

well i can't beat it right now, but i did have a beer just a bit ago so :

I would guess that the time it takes for the colour on our screens to travel to you eyes, and then for your brain translate it to information, so you understand what you see and what you need to do, and then the time it takes for your brain to send a signal for your finger to click the mouse....that it may almost be impossible to do it in less than 0.2 unless you get a lucky click by accident.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

lol I scored 26 - drunkard clicks.
Dang, that was difficult.

Thanks, all, for the replies.
Glad to know you are enjoying!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
so far i got a .287 and .197 , this is pretty fun, thanks for sharing
edit to add my .143.. sweet!
edit on 7-7-2011 by 2012DragonSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012DragonSlayer
so far i got a .287 and .197 , this is pretty fun, thanks for sharing
edit to add my .143.. sweet!
edit on 7-7-2011 by 2012DragonSlayer because: (no reason given)

Was it a lucky click, or did you see the colour and react in that time? wow

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Found another website I want to share. I think the whole site is gr8 and goes along with this thread.

Check it out. If focuses on Emotional Intelligence , becoming a strong leader , developing strong people skills , stress and time management, etc. www.mindtools.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Found an interesting site that talks about 5 ways to help increase your intelligence. This truly makes sense to me .

There are five primary principles :

1. Seek Novelty

2. Challenge Yourself

3. Think Creatively

4. Do Things The Hard Way

5. Network

1. Seek Novelty

It is no coincidence that geniuses like Einstein were skilled in multiple areas, or polymaths, as we like to refer to them. Geniuses are constantly seeking out novel activities, learning a new domain. It’s their personality.

There is only one trait out of the "Big Five" from the Five Factor Model of personality (Acronym: OCEAN, or Openness, Conscientiousness, Extroversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism) that correlates with IQ, and it is the trait of Openness to new experience. People who rate high on Openness are constantly seeking new information, new activities to engage in, new things to learn—new experiences in general [2].

When you seek novelty, several things are going on. First of all, you are creating new synaptic connections with every new activity you engage in. These connections build on each other, increasing your neural activity, creating more connections to build on other connections—learning is taking place.

An area of interest in recent research [pdf] is neural plasticity as a factor in individual differences in intelligence. Plasticity is referring to the number of connections made between neurons, how that affects subsequent connections, and how long-lasting those connections are. Basically, it means how much new information you are able to take in, and if you are able to retain it, making lasting changes to your brain. Constantly exposing yourself to new things helps puts your brain in a primed state for learning.

Novelty also triggers dopamine (I have mentioned this before in other posts), which not only kicks motivation into high gear, but it stimulates neurogenesis—the creation of new neurons—and prepares your brain for learning. All you need to do is feed the hunger.

Excellent learning condition = Novel Activity—>triggers dopamine—>creates a higher motivational state—>which fuels engagement and primes neurons—>neurogenesis can take place + increase in synaptic plasticity (increase in new neural connections, or learning).

As a follow-up of the Jaeggi study, researchers in Sweden [pdf] found that after 14 hours of training working memory over 5 weeks’ time, there was an increase of dopamine D1 binding potential in the prefrontal and parietal areas of the brain. This particular dopamine receptor, the D1 type, is associated with neural growth and development, among other things. This increase in plasticity, allowing greater binding of this receptor, is a very good thing for maximizing cognitive functioning.

Take home point: Be an "Einstein". Always look to new activities to engage your mind—expand your cognitive horizons. Learn an instrument. Take an art class. Go to a museum. Read about a new area of science. Be a knowledge junkie...

Please visit link for full article.

ieet.org...

Hey , maybe we won't have to worry too much about our brains before too long ... Now this is wild technology in the making.. Check out tHIS link!

Download Knowledge Directly to Your Brain, Matrix-Style
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-1-2012 by SeekerLou because: added links

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know that this is an old thread, but just figured I'd ask how it was going for the OP. I just joined lumosity and was hoping to see if you still used it or how it was working out for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

Hi Boba, Just now noticed your post. Thank you for your interest and so sorry for the delay in reply.
Actually, I have never joined luminosity but I do like to exercise my noodle every now and then! Things are going well but could be better
Again, I do love the site just haven't joined it. (I have sO many interests - this is only one) . ATS steals the majority of my free time . I read more than I train it seems lol.

Anyway, Would love to hear back from you . Am curious as to what the benefits are after joining. Do you get special tips, games? Now this is something I haven't looked into and who knows , you may influence me to join!

Hope you have a great day or night, wherever you may be
! Again, appreciate your interest!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You know man, I've been at it for roughly 14 days now. I can say, that after using up my 3 day trial, and keeping a streak going for 8 days, I feel a bit sharper. I'm not sure yet if it is a psychological attribute or actual increase in mental capacity. If you should decide to join, I suggest the year subscription. Do a search for a promo code. I found one, "GLOWING" that gave me a 20% discount. Not sure if it still works.

After joining, you get access to many more games. Admittedly, they are a bit cheesy, but if this whole "neuroplasticity" thing is real, who cares. Is 60 or so bucks too much to pay to build new neural pathways? I personally think it's a steal.

The conspiracy mind in me tells me that all the collected data on 14 million users will likely be used for something detrimental, but at the same time, if the training truly does increase ones' mental capacity, the benefit outweighs the risk.

I still haven't checked out the list of sites in your post, but I plan on it. I'll keep ya posted on the results. Would you rather I use your thread or a U2U?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join