It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had the choice, do you choose immortality or mortality?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I find it funny that so many people would choose immortality for the chance to get out and "learn everything they want to do" or travel all over the place. Get off the computer. Do it now.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I choose for mortality.
I treasure food when it is limited, but when i have lots of them or would always have it whenever or how much i want, i would start treasure it less and less each time.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I really can`t stop wonder how can some people enjoy their stay here...it`s just like enjoy going to hell

So no, immortality sounds like the worst possiblwe nightmare to me.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There has to be unknowing for the universe to function - and it is a condition of the perplexed mind that encounters the question of the occurence of the afterlife and the existence of the unknown.

In other words, if nothing is there, if nothing exists, it means that we can return to being nothing if something came from nothing.

However, in the non-linear sense, nothing is really the apex of the equilibrium between two inverse and opposing states of something.
edit on 8-7-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by camaro68ss

Immortality, but that would quickly turn dull for me.

I propose to you that you have no choice in the matter except the realm your conciousness will occupy. The instance of your conception and birth, your acquisiton of conciousness depth for the first time, and so on are locked in the time current material as all the past. This is a material as a recording medium much like recording disk or tape. It floods spherically down and inward from everwhere, toward everywhere, where the ONE infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity resides. YOU are in there now and without end. Once you die, the recording process end in spacetime and this recorded bubble is where you are, is your eternal present. That is unless during your occupation in spacetime you recorded the Presence, the escape Door.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by camaro68ss

Immortality, but that would quickly turn dull for me.

I propose to you that you have no choice in the matter except the realm your conciousness will occupy. The instance of your conception and birth, your acquisiton of conciousness depth for the first time, and so on are locked in the time current material as all the past. This is a material as a recording medium much like recording disk or tape. It floods spherically down and inward from everwhere, toward everywhere, where the ONE infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity resides. YOU are in there now and without end. Once you die, the recording process end in spacetime and this recorded bubble is where you are, is your eternal present. That is unless during your occupation in spacetime you recorded the Presence, the escape Door.

To remain inside that "bubble" for all eternity without the ability to induce changes (your dead and have no body and am only a time dweller now inside the "bubble") is the "damnation".

Heaven is through the Door into evermore Newness and expansion of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
give me immortality, think about the things you could do in life without having to fear dying

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This is an excellent thread. In my opinion it illustrates God's dilemma.

I choose immortality of course (obviously disregarding the soul's immortality for now). The dilemma has already been highlighted in some posts - i.e, if your life is timeless and without risk , what can be achieved ?

Well, here is indeed God's dilema . The logos (for want of a better word) does not know whar he/she/it is about. Hence it steps out of itself in order to see itself. Then send 'probes to understand wtf it is all about.

This is what actually unites all religions.

In Eastern religions, Probes are the divine sparks sent out to gather experience , etc and bring back to the source
In Western religions, we have the "God made us in his image" stuff.

The point I am trying to make is that we will become architects and build scenarios in order to understand ourselves, should we be immortal. So there is a lot to do when immortal. Therefore we should not complain of having too much time.

edit on 10-7-2011 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Mortality. The world is nice and all, but I am far too curious about what's beyond physical existence.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Mortal, I don't wanna live through all the bad things that WILL happen in during my immortal life. Living as a mortal you always have the feeling of trying new things, knowing that you might not even do it again.

Maybe i think like this cause I'm mortal, I wish i can be in the shoes of a immortal being. maybe then will i have a different opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join