It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from down there. (Webcam footage from Neumayer Station)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Update: It has been shown to me that I failed in the use of the ATS search feature. This is a dead thread. DO NOT POST. Just let it die.

Hello my friends of the ATS community.

I've got a little gem of a viedo that I found about a week ago, then lost, then refound again. The original one I found was one without this guy's commentary, but for the life of me I can't find that one anymore, so make due.

100% proof that something is wrong. ANTARCTIC P2 John Gorman

100% percent is a tall order, and I'll be honest, I wasn't even aware video feeds from Neumayer station was 'thing' till a week ago.

Anyway, the original video had some lovely captions and I'll try to remember them as best I can. I apologize that this isn't a embeded video, but I'll be damned if I can make the embeding process work right.

So from 0:00-0:30 we have sunlight hours. (err... not quite hours, bu bear with me) the lighting is sufficent enough that the station uses a colour webcam. Then from 0:30-0:45 we have some nice total darkness, you can see some stars in the night sky.

Now here's the important part here. I don't think this john fellow mentions it in this video, but at this point we see NOT the sun, but a full moon rising. You can tell it's not the sun because you can still see stars in the halo around the new light source. So from 0:48-0:59 this new light source is obvious in the sky. If you watch closely you can still see some stars in the area arounds it's glow. There's also the fact that the station doesn't switch to the coloured cam again. But that would could be because it's not on automatic.

Now the fellow in the video is talking about how the video feed doesn't corespond to how much daylight hours there should be at this time of year in antartica. This is a intresting thought to follow through, and comments on that are welcome, but that not what I want to point out.

1:01-1:05 right above and to the left of the station. We see a thing that looks like a cresent moon, except for the fact that the moon is currently off camera to the left, and we can see the light it's casting. If that had been the sun glowing off screen, we wouldn't be able to see the stars in the sky that we can see, because the light would be too bright and the sky would appear black. So if the moon is off screen, what is that thing we now see?

That the question I have. But comments on the whole video are welcome. Also if someone knows where the original video without the commentary is, that would be lovely.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well there you go then. This is why I love ats.

Moderators, if you please, this is now a dead thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Vaykun

sorry darlin'
HOAX VIDEO: 100% proof that something is wrong. ANTARCTIC

Closed

new topics

top topics

join