It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
And A Time For Every Purpose Under Heaven

Just when I thought the drama couldn't get any thicker, important news comes from the most unlikely of places.

None other than William Anderson, the brilliant music director for Friendship is Magic, dropped some hints with the subtlety of a falling piano.

Equestria Daily: William Anderson's Poem on the Seasons

don't worry

17 hours, 11 minutes ago by *willheim
Journals / Personal

seasons, there are many of them, some of them shorter than others, perhaps for special reasons, to be followed by other long seasons.

seasons.

many seasons.

While this may be "just a poem", it's hard to mistake the message.

Let's just say that's one of the most beautiful poems I've ever read.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

TLDR Majic...

TLDR...

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's at the bottom:

Originally posted by Majic

tl;dr version: Yo. Ponies. Go for it.

And there IS a disclaimer, so forget about that lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic

And there IS a disclaimer, so forget about that lawsuit.

Even that was too long winded for me to read

Just wanted to raz ya buddy

edit on 7/28/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yeah, yeah, talk to the hoof.

I'm going to celebrate the news about Pony having "many seasons" ahead.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WHEN does the new season start? I'm jonesing for some ponies!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ATS is just.. 20% cooler with pony.

All the great content, fantastic discussions.. but it was lacking PONY!

All is good now in the world. We have pony.

LUNA IS BEST PONY!

Pony is scheduled for October. Date will appear here
edit on 30/9/2012 by LilFox because: PONY

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
IMDB is wrooong.

MLP will air in November, well that is when HUB is showing it.

Linkie

The Friendship Express Hype Train A-Go-Go from The Hub left the station last month, when they announced that they would announce the airdate of season 3 within a thirty day window. Hopefully this doesn’t constitute the completeness of that, but another clue has come about. This isn’t quite a complete date, but it’s a more specific window: MLP: FiM season 3 will start airing in November. In a recent Hasbro promotional email, they snuck in a little tidbit at the end proclaiming this fact. While we still don’t have an exact day, it is after all better than nothing. The logical date for the specific announcement would be October 11 at the My Little Pony panel at New York Comic Con, and we will be keeping our eyes peeled for information from that event. ■ [Source: Hasbro E-Mail]

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's perfectly acceptable to like a kids show for little girls.

Some MLP fans are pretty neat guys and seem to just want to watch a show that teaches good morals.

That being said MLP has the worse fanbase of any cartoon to ever grace the internet.

They insist on posting off topic on boards about their pony fetishes and obsessions with molesting their favorite pony while preaching things like "don't hate tolerate".

If they wouldn't shove the fact they like it down everyone's throats as an attention device I would take them more seriously.

I can't understand the appeal of the show when older men are concerned but I won't let that ruin my opinion of the entire fanbase.

I know not all bronies are cloppers and sickos but it's sad that these people give the rest of you guys a bad name.

Here's a recent Howard Stern episode that paints your entire fanbase in a bad light because of these people.

To each their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ALERT: Ponies Inbound

Not news to hardcore pony fanciers, I suppose, but -- hmm, considering that whole Howard Stern thing, maybe "hardcore" isn't the best choice of words.

Anyway, the third season of our little ponies begins on November 10, 2012. Equestria Daily posted an article with an exclusive promo video last week, embedded here for your viewing convenience:

The season opener will be a two-parter about the "Crystal Empire", which presumably correlates with either a new toy line or one they've already been selling. I'm not into the toys, so I can't be sure about that.

I will say that as much as I love the show, I do worry Hasbro might be tempted to push product placement a little too hard and end up killing the golden pony, as it were. I certainly understand and respect the reason for making the show in the first place (i.e., to market toys), but one of the characteristics of the show that makes it so appealing outside its target demographic is that it isn't a hard sell production.

So I'll be watching the new episodes closely, not just because I'm a fan of the show, but also seeking reassurance that in this third season, Friendship is Magic hasn't lost its magic.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh man... another TWO WEEKS?

I think I'll go sulk.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Is converting to Bronyism.

The fact that the visuals are Craig McKracken-ish doesn't hurt.

So many pretty colours.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My Little Teaser: Season Three Preview (SPOILERS)

A fan has apparently recorded the first half of Season 3, Episode 1 from a Hub promotional preview and posted it to YouTube:

It pretty much sets up the plot, and fills some holes in the various speculative theories that have been bandied about between seasons.

Just to add to the "tease factor", here are some misleading, out-of-context screen shots...

This is going to be epic.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Complete Season One DVD Release Coming December 4, 2012

Fans who prefer their ponies on DVD will be pleased to know that the entire first season will be available in a box set of four discs on December 4.

Fig. 1: Portable ponies.

It's not clear what, if any, extras will be included, but there are unsubstantiated rumors that the set may include some audio commentary and/or features involving the cast and crew. Absent something official, however, and considering they're putting 26 episodes on 4 discs, it's probably best to assume a barebones release and be pleasantly surprised if bonus content is added.

The set can be pre-ordered from various online retailers and, suffice it to say, my pre-order has already been placed.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I haven't seen episode 1 for season 3 posted anywhere yet (including on the Hub, where I expected to see it.) This is annoying.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Since I don't have any form of cable or broadcast TV (just the ability to watch DVDs), I watched the first two episodes of Season Three on YouTube on the day they aired.

I just checked, and they can still be found there on a few channels. I try not to post links to episodes anymore, but they're out there.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It's Time For A DEATH BATTLE!

Well, okay. Technically it was time for a death battle over a year ago, but this video from the clever and creative gamers at ScrewAttack.com has earned its place of honor in the hallowed halls of Timeless Internet Classics:

The video pretty much speaks for itself, but it's worth noting that both the Transformers and My Little Pony toy lines are owned by Hasbro, and both are featured on Hasbro's Hub cable channel.

So who will survive this grueling trial of mortal combat?

There's only one way to find out.

edit on 11/17/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Found and watched them!

I'm... not too crazy about the cartoons being turned into musicals. I understand that this offers all sorts of options, but it's not one I'm crazy about.

On the other hand, they can sell songs and it's work for songwriters and composers.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Fast Times At Ponyville High

Fan art for this series already occupies several terabytes of Internet cloud space, and seems to be proliferating at an accelerating rate. The quality varies from awful to magnificent, but sometimes a piece is just plain funny, and when I saw this on EQD, I couldn't help laughing.

DeviantArt: High school ponies! by ~ElenaFreckle

Anyone who has ever attended high school can appreciate this, and if there's one thing this picture proves, it's that some things never change.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A Star Is Born

I'm a little concerned about the spoilery nature of this news, though various spoiler warnings have appeared earlier in the thread, and astute observers of my current avatar might well deduce the obvious. And these are indeed tidings sweeping the ponyverse like wildfire.

It is highly unlikely anyone who follows the show will be unaware of it before long anyway, so if you're first seeing this here, I'll just offer the following and -- for now, anyway -- let it speak for itself:

'My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic' exclusive: Twilight's becoming a princess!

Oh my.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join