It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are astronomers loosing their time searching for life on other planets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by HazyChestNutz

Tell me why there isn't a official disclosure.

You cant disclose what has never been found.

Tell me why theres a Alien & Ufos section in abovetopsecret.

Why shoudnt there be? There is a religion section here too, and many of us do not believe in a god.

Tell me why this topic is not hugely discussed on around the world.

What the hell are you talking about? I cant turn on a TV set or look at the internet without seeing UFO conspiracy theories.

Tell my why there are cover ups for the events like the UFO Roswell Crash and the Battle of L.A?

You see a coverup, i see usual government secrecy. If area 51 is a test site for new military equiptment, then of course people are not allowed there.

And what is the coverup on the Battle of LA? No idea what your talking about there unless you mean that terrible movie ill never get back my 2 hours from.

Battle of L.A was a UFO event in 1942 when the military fired upon it....
edit on 7-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What was the "cover up" for the Battle of LA? It is more than likely a misidentification of a balloon or just plain old hysteria run amock.

As for Roswell, yes there was a cover up, a cover up of a top secret Project Mogul balloon landing on the ranch.

You still haven't answered my original question: Why would NASA cover up information that would end all of their budget problems?

Strange how "believers" on this forum are not able to answer that important question.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Turiddu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
What was the "cover up" for the Battle of LA? It is more than likely a misidentification of a balloon or just plain old hysteria run amock.

As for Roswell, yes there was a cover up, a cover up of a top secret Project Mogul balloon landing on the ranch.

You still haven't answered my original question: Why would NASA cover up information that would end all of their budget problems?

Strange how "believers" on this forum are not able to answer that important question.

While the military was firing on to the UFO object for over a long period of time with AA shells. The following morning, they said the object was a weather balloon. Funny because the "weather balloon" actually never fell to the ground, but it hovered off the shores and disappeared that night

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In the days before proximity fuses and RADAR anti-aircraft fire was notoriously inaccurate, especially at night, so I'm not surprised they failed to hit the "object" they were firing at.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Woops, double post

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think the same question can be asked of people that play video games 24/7.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In the days before proximity fuses and RADAR anti-aircraft fire was notoriously inaccurate, especially at night, so I'm not surprised they failed to hit the "object" they were firing at.

Haha nope, they didn't fail at all.

It was dead on. The sparkles around the UFO are the AA shells deflecting off the object.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Sparkles? To me they look like the tell-tale signs of flak shells exploding. Watch old videos of WW2 air combat, flak shells produce puffs of smoke in the air when they explode. It doesn't look like they "deflected" off of anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Yes OP I have thought of it, And I think they are WASTING their time looking with telescopes as they are already here or near us. Also lots of money goes for launching satellites, shuttles, probes when if these here are revealed and we learn things from them, traveling to even galaxies will not take thousands of years.

reply to post by Turiddu

why dont you read some more credible sources of the things around Rosewell and not that coverup of a coverup of something else done with the declassification of Roswell documents that may still not ALL documents be there and might be another coverup. See there was a thread and still is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 7-7-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Sparkles? To me they look like the tell-tale signs of flak shells exploding. Watch old videos of WW2 air combat, flak shells produce puffs of smoke in the air when they explode. It doesn't look like they "deflected" off of anything.

The object was stationary. Not moving until later on.

edit on 7-7-2011 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes you are right it could open them up new budgets, but I never talked once about NASA cover up.
Some others did and maybe they couldn't answer but I can.

The government is the one giving the money to NASA, if the government would be hiding something, they sure wouldn't let the NASA say anything now would they.

Seriously, some of you are mostly negative and you can't see beyond the technologies of today.
It's almost like you think we are gonna use cars with wings to travel in the solar system.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist
We have observed all start systems within a 20 light year radius of Earth and have concluded they are not hosts of intelligent life.

20 light years...hmm hmm... we searched everything possible lol

And, if you like...go back to the start of the tread.
There's a post there, it's called the OP and if you read it, you will see why I think they didn't find anything yet.

It's ok to have limited ideas but read before posting.
edit on 7-7-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by kro32
It's a waste of time and resources to be looking for alien life at all.

So who other than SETI is wasting time looking for Alien life
And they are privately funded

edit on 7-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I have no idea who is looking for aliens or how they are funded. Doesn't matter because it's a waste of time whoever does it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist
We have observed all start systems within a 20 light year radius of Earth and have concluded they are not hosts of intelligent life.

If "we" have concluded that, then why are "we" sending messages to Gliese 581D? And who is this "we"

Oh wait Gliese is 21.5 LYs

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

had to answer your question "why would nasa cover it up?"

they are into the lie to deep
they would lose funding if we found out they were lying to us

what would be the point of giving money to liars who are supposed to explore something that was already explored?

would you fund an ocean voyage/expedition from england to the "new world" in the year 2008 to find out whats in north american and would you do it in a boat that only uses 200 year old tech?

cause thats what nasa would be doing if they disclosed et proof.

and in response to your remark, and im paraphrasing , that in the "battle for l.a." pic that you stated you think it could have been a weather balloon. and that you were not surprised that they did not hit anything with the flak shells . well it seems to me that the shrapnel from a flak shell would shred a balloon pretty quick if it got even close to hitting the "balloon".

your thoughts on my take?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

You serious?? There was over 10,000 bullets shot at that UFO. Fact or Faked try the Debunk it and it and they couldnt do that with lights. AND they shot a balloon with the same gun that the Soldiers used at the Battle Of LA and that balloon popped the first time it got shot. Its Clear the Battle of LA was areal sighting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join