It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Standing up for yourself = bitchiness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I need to get this out otherwise I'm going to pull a Bruce Banner and Hulk out here at the office.

Standing up for yourself, your beliefs, and your values does not make one a bitch. It does not make you a mean person, it does not make you catty, and it does not make you a bad person.

Why is it that if a man or woman who stands up for themselves, they are considered mean, stubborn, or stuck up?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
because the majority of people will say everyone has a right to a opinion and lets agree to disagree on things, but when it comes to the crunch if you disagree with someone more educated or in a higher position, or disagree on the main concensus you will be looked at negatively. Human nature and were all one of those. Don,t take it to heart its just the way it is, learn to ignore it and believe in yourself without the need of others acceptance on your point of view.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

I suppose you mean here, on ATS, you had problems while exchanging ideas with some members?

Don't worry, it happens to everyone, tho it is sometimes kind of irritating... A lot... But only when insults a thrown.

I was called a retard here a few weeks ago, for reporting something I thought was funny...

But if it's at work that it happened, it can be heavy since you have to meet constantly those ridiculing you...

A smile for you!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I personally believe that people who accuse those who stand up for themselves of being a "B" or even worse are also people who normally don't stand up for themselves and their own beliefs. Don't take it so bad. I wear my scarlet "B" as a badge of honor! You should be proud of being yourself! I was raised to say what I mean and mean what I say and apparently you were too. Be proud of that!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

No, ATS is the only place where I know my opinions will be met with open and close minded people. But it's my home life, social life, and work life. I feel like I'm swimming upstream all the time and I get exhausted.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

because there are other ways to get your point across other than yelling and insulting people and coming off as "catty " when something you dont like goes down that does not mean make yourself heard over everybody else as if you are in high seat or position, and that definetly does not mean to start attacking people in higher positions, there is an intelligent and civil way to stand up in every situation and its up to you to try not to be the deluded snappy " i dont give a fu*k" product of our society! words of respect are louder than all the voices of the crowd put together!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Beauty, don't stress.
If your opposition resorts to calling you names - it means you've won the argument ♥

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I understand... Sadly, those close to us, or that say they love us, are often the most harsh with their words...

I've always been told it was a form of love, but in truth ( anyway, for me ) it was quite the contrary.

So, at one point, you have to decide to live for yourself. The others don't live for you, don't for them.
And when you do, you'll find they will either respect you more for it, or simply let you alone.

At least, as you say, you can come here and receive a shoulder to lean on.

PS: LOL I hadn't read your sig until now... which seem appropriate for this thread.

edit on 7-7-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thank you for your kind words. I am generally the type of person who does not give a *$^% but... this makes me go insane.

new topics

top topics

join