It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Nibiru/Elenin is going to Collide with Earth or at-least some Conspiracy Theorists Claim/Beli

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Planet Nibiru/Elenin is going to Collide with Earth or at-least some Conspiracy Theorists Claim/Believe

Space.com-Believers In Mysterious Planet Nibiru Await Earth's End

There is a video you may want to watch that would probably be a good visualisation of what would/could happen if the conspiracy theorists are right (Not sure myself) But perhaps its plausible

I believe the video i posted above was created/edited/composed by an ATS member UserName: Solid007 actually(he is on my friends list). If I'm Correct the Thread where he showed his video he put together is here.
Comet Elenin is Coming soon

Yes this Video is only about Comet Elenin But i surmise we could also imagine it is somewhat along the lines of what Nibiru Could/would do as well (if the Conspiracy theorists are right)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This article i read this morning inspired me to write this.
Space.com- Believers in Mysterious Planet Nibiru Await Earth's End

Opening Phrase of the Article is as Follows:

Renowned astrophysicist Carl Sagan once described a "baloney detection kit" — a set of tools that skeptical thinkers use to investigate any new concept. A few of the key tools include a healthy distrust of information that isn't independently verified, critically assessing an idea rather than becoming irrationally attached to it simply because it's intriguing, and a preference for simple explanations over wildly speculative ones.

Yes i can understand that's possibly why so many people are fascinated with the topic... perhaps is because of its highly speculative nature and/or doom and gloom approach.

Morrison estimates that there are 2 million websites discussing the impending Nibiru-Earth collision. He receives, on average, five email inquiries about Nibiru every day.

Now that is a ton of websites Discussing Nibiru(i would surmise Elenin as well since they seem to go hand in hand almost or at-least in some Conspiracies.)

"At least a once a week I get a message from a young person — as young as 11 — who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday," Morrison told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to SPACE.com.

I surmise that might not be a good idea. Since young children are usually very naive on such suppositions/topics. They may actually believe that we are all going to die within a few months or a year...

Perhaps try and refrain from scaring the living day-lights out of your children!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recommend you read the Article As well i really thought it brought up some good points.

The article also talks about the Conspiracy sides claims

Nibiru (Perhaps? on a collision Course with Earth?)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5cde6cd56e8.jpg[/atsimg]

Is the purported Planet Nibiru going to collide with or is it not.

Some conspiracy theorists believe it will just swing into the early solar system and cause havoc with the planets( bringing in smaller bodies with it) or causing havoc with the orbits of the planets in the solar system.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wikipedia- Nibiru Collison
Wikipedia- Nibiru As proposed by Zecharia Sitchin
Wikipedia- Nibiru (Babylonian Astonomy)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These two theories are usually the main-stream view on what havoc and destruction Nibiru will or can bring to the solar system when it purportedly swings into the solar system many conspiracy theorists speculate in 2011 or 2012.

I'm not really an astronomer (Or a scientist) so i cannot be coming to logical conclusions on such things and will leave the possibility open that this purported planet is/not coming into the solar system to wreak havoc.

I always have questioned though, if Nibiru Exists why hasn't the orbits of planets in our solar system been thrown way off course from their circular orbits.

Some may argue with the main stream conspiracy that nibiru comes in ever few thousands years and claim that Nibiru's first arrival is in 2012,2011.

That is possible i surmise since we don't really have total proof of a Nibiru-type event happening in our relatively recent human history that we can compare this purported Nibiru planet that may or may not wreak havoc on our solar system.

Popular conspiracy is that Nibiru is a Brown Dwarf or Comet Elenin Or may claim Nibiru is some other planetary/asteroidal/cometary body coming in close proximity to Earth and/or the inner/outer planets that may wreak havoc, destruction, and death on our planet and/or other planets.

If there were to be an Nibiru-Type event that would be an extremely terrifying thing to come and could wipe out the human race; i surmise that is why many deem it so important to keep speculating and questioning whether it is a real threat or an actual planetary/asteroidal/cometary body headed this way.

I'm not too certain on the possibilities on Nibiru actually existing. I'll stay on the fence and keep an open-mind on this one i suppose.(I change my thoughts on this one a lot)

Since many of the Conspiracy Claims seem to be based on/around the year 2011/2012 with Nibiru I surmise our doom would/could be near.

Some aspects of the Nibiru Theory (or fringe theories) Claim Elenin to actually be Nibiru or Vice Versa.

Comet Elenin Is Coming? Well Of course But (Coming to what extent) Semantics...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fd7d4776741.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps NASA knows Nibiru/Elenin(Many have recently claimed Nibiru could be Elenin) Exists and are threats and are covering the issue up, as not to warn the public because it would most likely cause mass chaos and anarchy.(That being a good reason to cover something like this up) Or they could just be covering it up and planning a mission to divert the threats or decrease the damage done with some kind of super advanced technology they are purportedly developing.(Now that is all hypothetical i'm just throwing things out there)

Or perhaps all the scientists and Astronomers at NASA are not covering it up and there is no threat from Purported Nibiru and/or Elenin.

Maybe there is just no threat; we must all (perhaps) come to our own discernment's, speculations, and conclusions on this matter. Or if you wish not to partake in the discussion stay neutral and do not take part in the pertinence of such matters.

But i've got to give it up to all the great discussion that has come from these topics it certainly is great fun discussing these matters ( Perhaps even though many with logical scientific backgrounds will deny it outright)

It is fun to partake in discussions on such pertinent(To some) matters and plausibility, possibilities, chances, and possible events that may happen in the future.

With that i look forward to discussing with those of ATS on these matters whether or not.

Do you believe Nibiru(Some Claim Elenin is Nibiru Now) That they and/or it is going to collide into Earth or just swing by and cause chaos when it aligns and/or when it brings death and destruction and/or planetary/asteroidal/cometary/moons? with it that may hit Earth and cause havoc.

I know i have said things and i actually used to think of it crazy to believe such things in the past and/or vehemently defended that it won't happen but i am now willing to leave the possibility of it being plausible open.

Peace.

***Update***

Should i have mentioned Earth-quakes induced by these two possible planetary/asteroidal/cometary bodies? Perhaps we can discuss that as well. But the Main Topic would and as is The Collision of Comet/Elenin Nibiru and/or Planetary Bodies(most likely Earth) In our Solar system.

I would surmise much variably and impertinent sub-topic of the whole conspiracy to be discussed and/or lightly but discussion of this encourages possible summations suppositions and our own theories expressions and thoughts on the matter/topic at hand.
edit on 7-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
LOL, you beat me to it I was reaing the same thing. What caught my eye about this article was:

When scientists pointed out that the comet is a mere 3-mile-wide glob of ice with no magnetic field and that it won't even pass very near Earth — and that plate tectonics, not comets, cause earthquakes — rumors began to circulate that NASA was withholding information about Elenin.

www.space.com...

3 mile wide so why cant anyone see this yet if they know the size already???? Where is it?

edit on 7/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Do you believe Nibiru(Some Claim Elenin is Nibiru Now) That they and/or it is going to collide into Earth or just swing by and cause chaos when it aligns and/or when it brings death and destruction and/or planetary/asteroidal/cometary/moons? with it that may hit Earth and cause havoc.

Wait, what is this nibiru and elenin you speak of, this is the first I'm hearing of these two objects. I'd assume there would already be at least a thread on this here.

Oh wait, there's about 600 million.

nibiru? nope, completely made up, anyone who actually researches it will find most of the claims of ancient civilizations mention it are made up as well.

Elenin? It's a smallish comet that will pass by harmlessly like most other comets. it's not getting much attention outside of outlandish youtube videos, because it's simply no big deal.

The threat elenin poses is slight, it could potentially bring some material with it that could cause issues for satellites and the ISS. That's about the extent of the risk and even then, it's a rather low risk compared to other things.

Hell we had an object pass so close to earth recently it was below our satellites. No one predicted that one, no earth shattering, solar system destroying, mayhem ensued.

People seriously need to use critical thinking when it comes to this stuff. Simple physics tell you not to worry.

If an object expects to have any real impact on earth, it must have a huge mass. For this to be true, we'd be able to detect the effects that object is having on other bodies in the solar system. For an object to have an impact other than gravity, it requires a magnetic field, which it doesn't have because it is ice.

Lets get back to nibiru. So people claim it's a brown dwarf, so we can't see it. Except that's a complete load of crap that anyone with access to google can debunk. There are various ways to detect a brown dwarf, even before it has an impact on other objects in the solar system.

Objects outside our solar system, when it comes to gravity, basically don't exist to us. Nothing outside the solar system can defeat the mass of the sun when it comes to gravity in the solar system. To have an impact on earth, and tectonically specifically, it would have to be massive, in mass and size, blotting out the sky.

Beyond that, if this object is approaching, and is causing quakes, they should be more active, stronger, and random, as it approaches. This doesn't appear to be the case, regardless of what the fear mongers here, with no knowledge of the subject, will tell you.

Correlation isn't causation, and there isn't any correlation to begin with!

edit on 7-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Constant updates have been posted in Puterman's thread as to its current location as well as updates to its perihelion and closest approach to Earth. There are also a number of threads where pictures taken by amateur astronomers have been taken.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

LOL, you beat me to it I was reaing the same thing. What caught my eye about this article was:

Yes, perhaps i am a little expedient at contriving these stories and/or thoughts on articles and/or the theories of a possible collision with the purported theories of these planetary/asteroidal/cometary objects possibly coming within the vicinity and/or colliding with the Earth and/or other planets in the Solar System.

When scientists pointed out that the comet is a mere 3-mile-wide glob of ice with no magnetic field and that it won't even pass very near Earth — and that plate tectonics, not comets, cause earthquakes — rumors began to circulate that NASA was withholding information about Elenin.
www.space.com...

Yes that could also be very pertinent and important to the theory holding credence is NASA could be doing a massive cover-up but that would probably be a little hard to cover-up

3 mile wide so why cant anyone see this yet if they know the size already???? Where is it?

I heard Elenin(Some claim its Nibiru) is coming close soon i think on October the 16th it will be closest; if i'm correct.

Not sure how visible it will be in the sky then..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nice thread.. I appreciate it when someone puts in some hard work and research.. Makes a nice change to a one liner and link/video..

It's just a shame you have picked a subject that has been covered here a million time before..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

We know the size of lots of asteroids, and we can't see them with the naked eye either

Like all comets, Elenin will only be visible through binoculars (and with luck, possibly even the naked eye!) when it gets close enough to the sun to produce a decent sized corona and tail - which then reflect sunlight enable us to see them.

All about comets

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Wait, what is this nibiru and elenin you speak of, this is the first I'm hearing of these two objects. I'd assume there would already be at least a thread on this here.

Oh wait, there's about 600 million.

But the Main Topic would and as is The Collision of Comet/Elenin Nibiru and/or Planetary Bodies(most likely Earth) In our Solar system

For the Last Time Nibiru Doesn't Exist!!!!!!!
Searches on Nibiru/Planet X Seemed to be Censord.
Lets Try to get this Clear Amatuer Astronomers spotting NIBIRU
"When Worlds Collide" - Illuminati Imagery From the '50's - Nibiru Coming Attraction?
Proof that C/2010 X1 is not a Comet as US Govt/NASA states, but is something extremley larger in mas
The Infamous Leonid Elenin. (Picture Inside) Non-Believers Strongly Encouraged to join
THREE new planets photographed in the sky!! Nibiru? Eris? Sacklot?
New Sign Of NIBIRU
The Tale Of the Celestrial Collision
How many ATS members does it take to change a lightbulb?
UB313 Planet X - Nibiru - 10th Planet-- This is it?
Comet Elenin: Just Passing by
Nibiru Theory
Nibiru?? new Planet to be discovered. Four Times the Size of Jupiter!
NASA/NAI Answer questions about 2012 and planet X
Wtf?!? Schoolds Teaching about "Niburu"?
Zecharia Sitchin
Ask an Astronomer about Nibiru (Planet X, Tyche, Etc) Here!
Reptile, Nibiru, And Earth
Challenge to Nibiru Believers
'Another Earth' .... Are we being conditioned?
Pole Shift Theory & Planet X (Nibiru)
The Truth About Nibiru Finally Revealed Once and For All!!! Must Read!!!
There is no such thing as Nibiru/Planet X or any Other Doomsday planet
Leaked Imaged of Nibiru orbited By planet X taken by South Pole Station Telescope
the anunnaki?

nibiru? nope, completely made up, anyone who actually researches it will find most of the claims of ancient civilizations mention it are made up as well.

Possibly true but how can you be so sure. Until the dates pass of Course(I'm still on the fence and not certain whether or not it will collide but happen to think it won't or perhaps doesn't exists; but i'm open to the possibility of its existence)

Elenin? It's a smallish comet that will pass by harmlessly like most other comets. it's not getting much attention outside of outlandish youtube videos, because it's simply no big deal.

As so NASA claims but we can't know for sure if they are telling the truth. That's why its a Conspiracy Theory.

The threat elenin poses is slight, it could potentially bring some material with it that could cause issues for satellites and the ISS. That's about the extent of the risk and even then, it's a rather low risk compared to other things.

Yes , From what NASA is telling us. True.

Hell we had an object pass so close to earth recently it was below our satellites. No one predicted that one, no earth shattering, solar system destroying, mayhem ensued.

Yes but the proposed purported Object like Nibiru and/or Elenin are much larger and up to debate what mayhem could be brought with them. (That is if Nibiru Exists)

People seriously need to use critical thinking when it comes to this stuff. Simple physics tell you not to worry.

NASA tells us not to worry. Why can't one be a critical thinker when it comes to the suppositions of this. Its all speculative.

If an object expects to have any real impact on earth, it must have a huge mass. For this to be true, we'd be able to detect the effects that object is having on other bodies in the solar system. For an object to have an impact other than gravity, it requires a magnetic field, which it doesn't have because it is ice.

Yes that's is true but if you read my post many theories revolve around NASA not telling the truth about Comet Elenin and/or Nibiru.(If it exists, Nibiru That is)

Many people think they are hiding the fact that they purportedly discovered it or something like that.

Lets get back to nibiru. So people claim it's a brown dwarf, so we can't see it. Except that's a complete load of crap that anyone with access to google can debunk. There are various ways to detect a brown dwarf, even before it has an impact on other objects in the solar system.

Only recently we have been able to detect brown-dwarfs with the New Infra-red Telescopes we have. Many people claim they found Nibiru with the new Telescopes.

There are several Theories also on what Nibiru actually is; some claim it to be Elenin some claim it to be Earth sized, Dwarf-planet sized, Brown Dwarf Planet sized or all sorts of different sizes Semantics.

Objects outside our solar system, when it comes to gravity, basically don't exist to us. Nothing outside the solar system can defeat the mass of the sun when it comes to gravity in the solar system. To have an impact on earth, and tectonically specifically, it would have to be massive, in mass and size, blotting out the sky.

Yes purportedly many thing alignments will cause an Earth-quake so they say and/or Earthquakes. Elenin May not have a magnetic Field; Jupiter does though and Jupiters magnetic Field even interacts with Earth from time to time possible Causing Fluctuations in the Earths Magnetosphere.

And considering some Claim Nibiru to be a brown-Dwarf it would be plausible to say Nibiru may effect Earthquakes(If the conspiracy Theorists are correct)

My Suppositions on the Jupiter Magnetosphere anomaly are here.

The Truth about October 28th it just got Big. Real Big.

Beyond that, if this object is approaching, and is causing quakes, they should be more active, stronger, and random, as it approaches. This doesn't appear to be the case, regardless of what the fear mongers here, with no knowledge of the subject, will tell you.

Some possible evidence above Pertaining to Nibiru in my Link. (If I purport that Nibiru is real)

Correlation isn't causation, and there isn't any correlation to begin with!

Hrm not sure what you're pertaining to but i'm sure its Earthquakes induced by astrononmical bodies like Nibiru or Elenin

Perhaps Elenin Doesn't induce Earth-quakes But if the moon Can i'm sure that Elenin or any other Gravitational body probably has an extremely slight causation in such.(Albeit very slight and probably much stronger for something like Nibiru(If you consider the Brown Dwarf Theory))

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

This object passes between earth and the sun Sept. 26, 27, 28. In Exodus there is mention of three days of darkness.

This is less than 80 days away from today.

If this object is harmless and small where are the NASA photos?
They aren't releasing current photos, just press releases of emergency preparedness.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Constant updates have been posted in Puterman's thread as to its current location as well as updates to its perihelion and closest approach to Earth. There are also a number of threads where pictures taken by amateur astronomers have been taken.

Thank you.

If anyone wishes to post Pictures, related Nibiru and Elenin Updates and/or Possible Pictures Feel Free.(If the mods allow it)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Nice thread.. I appreciate it when someone puts in some hard work and research.. Makes a nice change to a one liner and link/video..

Thank you i spent a while doing this ( a few hours)

It's just a shame you have picked a subject that has been covered here a million time before..

Not a million times but a few on the matter of precisely Collision Scenarios and/or Planetary/Cometary/Asteroidal Impact Events that can/could/would come if these conspiracy Theories turn out to be true.(Not sure myself)

Still on the fence with it myself. I have now decided to keep an open-mind to the possibilities.(That NASA could be lying)

You will see i linked almost every thread from the first 4 pages on "Nibiru Collision" Most of the above in my post are not specifically related to the Elenin/Nibiru pertaining to all conspiracies of such (And with the recent conspiracies that Elenin could be Nibiru lol)

But we see that many of the Conspiracies are relative and/or relating to the annunaki, aliens, grays, babyloanians, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

With that i look forward to discussing with those of ATS on these matters whether or not.

I know i have said things and i actually used to think of it crazy to believe such things in the past and/or vehemently defended that it won't happen but i am now willing to leave the possibility of it being plausible open.

I may have to depart until later tonight possibly. Look forward to discussing this with whom ever is interested with the OP, and Thread

-Peace be with all.

Divulge/propose your thoughts if needed.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

They aren't releasing current photos, just press releases of emergency preparedness.

NASA isn't releasing photos because NASA hasn't been taking photos of it yet. They will re-task one solar observatory satellite at the end of the month in order to observe the changes the comet undergoes as it nears the Sun. There are countless photos of the comet available online, all taken by non-NASA astronomers. Here's one taken by Leonid Elenin himself:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf93806a261.jpg[/atsimg]
spaceobs.org...

As for NASA doing nothing but issuing press releases about emergency preparedness:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8898a8cbd22d.jpg[/atsimg]
NASA

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

This object passes between earth and the sun Sept. 26, 27, 28. In Exodus there is mention of three days of darkness.

This is less than 80 days away from today.

That's possible i suppose that a comet could partially eclipse the Earth for a bit if it were in an exact position. (Although i believe the Statistical Chances of it are perhaps slim?)

Although Perhaps if it transits the sun, Elenin(Which i'm not sure if it will from our viewpoint on Earth.)

That would cause some of the light being blocked correct so it would be a partial eclipse....

I'm not to familiar with verses from the bible but thank-you for your input i did not know that.

Perhaps the 3 days of darkness were caused by something pertaining to an astronomical body and/or could have just been a Volcano/Forest Fire. Or some other Event !. I'm not sure!

I think for now i have to depart though.... until tonight.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

edit on 7-7-2011 by yourmamaknows because: goofed up post, back later

NASA may have run out of digital film. Possibly they left the lens caps on their telescopes.

So, there are no current pictures. (I fixed my A/C. Thank God. Time for a nap.)
edit on 7-7-2011 by yourmamaknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The problem that you all, and everyone else, have is to assume gravity is the only force involved here. Therefore, something as small as a comet could not possibly affect the Earth, or Saturn, or any of the planets.

The electromagnetic force, which is literally a thousand billion billion billion billion times stronger than gravity, (10^28 x stronger) is what is not being taken into account. The reason for this is it would set all accepted THEORIES on their heads. If you had spent your entire life studying some THEORY, and then it gets proven wrong, well, then, you would have to admit that you have wasted your ENTIRE LIFE going down the wrong path. And not just you, the professor who taught you all this stuff had wasted his entire life, and the guy who taught him too. Nobody wants to even entertain such a thought. And there are lots of them. So anyone whose theories seem like they might turn everything upside down is simply SHOUTED DOWN.

Look at some videos of sungrazer comets. They can cause the Sun to put out giant CMEs. Since they are way too small to gravitationally cause such a thing, this gets ignored. Yet somehow, the Sun COINCIDENTALLY puts out GIANT flares towards comets when they come too close. So all the "scientists" keep repeating the mantra: It's a coincidence, the comet had nothing to do with the CME.

The Sun is not a ball of nuclear explosions going off forever, as in the accepted THEORIES. It is the positive anode in a giant electrical arc discharge, more like ball lightning. The further out in the Sun's radial electrical field, the more NEGATIVE in relation to the Sun. So the Earth is the cathode to the Sun's anode. Since we are in a stable orbit, we are maintaining the same charge all year, so the electrical stress is low, keeping the coma and tail in dark mode. THese are usually called the Earth's magnetosphere. Strangely enough, the magnetosphere of Venus reaches exactly to the Earth, and the magnetosphere of Earth reaches exactly to Mars, keeping us all at proper distances from each other to avoid huge discharges.

A comet on the other hand, is on a highly eccentric orbit. Therefore it is traveling from an area of far more negative charge, and approaching the positive Sun. As it nears the Sun, the electrical stress becomes great enough for it's "magnetosphere" to go into glow mode, or sometimes even arc mode.

Most of the comets we have ever seen in our tiny lifespan are on one hundred year or less orbits. This makes them pick up enough negative charge to go into glow mode when they come back in. This comet Elenin is on a calculated 39 THOUSAND year orbit. THis means it has picked up more negative charge than anything seen in human history. Thus it will go into arc mode as it nears. On top of that, it is entering the plane of the ecliptic, which comets rarely do, and will pass directly between the Earth and the Sun, which has NEVER HAPPENED IN HUMAN HISTORY, as far as we know.

The "tail" of a comet always points directly away from the Sun. It is not streaming out behind at as most people just assume. Sometime comets will have two tails, one directly away from the Sun as always, and another actually streaming out behind. This means the Earth will pass through the comet's tail not AFTER it passes in October like everyone is saying, but when it is directly between the Earth and the Sun on Sept 27. If it develops a double tail, then we will pass through the second one in October.

It may do nothing. Or it may be like a blowtorch directed at the Earth. More like an arc welder between the Earth and the Sun. Or it could even cause a giant CME directly towards Earth.

Or it could be that the misunderstood electrical effects could cause the much foretold pole shift or pole reversal. Now ask yourself this: If the Sun and all the planets just sort of collapsed into each other from some primordial cloud like the generally accepted theory, WHERE DID ALL THE SPIN COME FROM? Why is the Sun and every planet spinning, and also why are the planets revolving around the Sun. I know how the gravity THEORY explains HOW it happens, but they always leave out WHY it happens. Where did all this angular momentum come from? NO "scientist" has any explanation for this. Even that one weird guy on here, whom you all seem to regard as the voice of science for some reason, has no answer for this. (As a side note, why would a real scientist spend apparently EVERY WAKING HOUR hanging out on a conspiracy website with the tinfoil hat brigade, debunking right and left. Why does anyone believe this guy at all? But that could be another thread entirely)

Electric currents tend to spiral around. This is where the spin comes from. So this comet could possibly cause the polarity to flip, causing the Earth to either reverse its rotation, or even flip right over physically. Either one of these would obviously cause major disaster. Reversing the rotation would cause the Sun to apparently "stand still in the sky" as many ancient texts claim happened before. This would cause massive upheaval, earthquakes being the least of it. 75 percent of the planet is covered with water. Think of water sloshing in a bathtub. Imagine if the entire ocean did that!

Now I'm not saying any of this is actually going to happen, BUT IT COULD EASILY HAPPEN. Nasa spouts off that it definitely won't happen. Well they don't KNOW. Neither do I, neither do you. Wait till Sept 27 to find out.

All I can say is, if the oceans start sloshing around, all the thousand foot tsunamis will be at the coast. I'm guessing the effect would be minimal in the middle of the ocean. I have a big sailboat, and that's where I plan on being on Sept 27. If nothing happens, I will have a nice boat trip. But if all radio comms go dead on the 27th, I will expect to see massive death and destruction when I make landfall. Either way I will have a good time.

If the comet's tail is like an arc welder aimed at Earth, well then I will be fried too. The only ones who live will be the elite in their underground bases, as long as they are not also underwater. Hm. Seems like the only truly safe place would be an underground base up in the Himalayas. Heard about any elites going up there lately? And bringing their entire families with them?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

NASA may have run out of digital film. Possibly they left the lens caps on their telescopes.

So, there are no current pictures. (I fixed my A/C. Thank God. Time for a nap.)

Or possibly they have more important things to be looking at. They will task SOHO with observing the comet at the end of this month, when it will be interesting. Meanwhile, other people are taking pictures:

www.amication.de...
www.aerith.net...
spaceobs.org...
sydneystargazers.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great, well put together thread! S&F Morrison is paid to debunk anything and everything that is out of the norm. Like many on this site as well, they are here to deflect any truth that might be associated with Elenin/Nibiru. They go by the book and use science to discredit everything. I'm on the fence about Nibiru, Tyche, or Planet X. I do however, highly believe we are in a binary solar system. Some say it's a white dwarf but it would have stole enough of the suns energy and gone supernova by now, so it would could be a brown dwarf. I can see all the so called scientists picking this post apart in a few.

Our creators will return someday, yes I'm saying we are intelligently designed. Do I think it will be in my lifetime? Probably not, but I do think it will be in my sons or his kids lifetime. I wish I were around to see it though, it would put my wondering mind at ease.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

More to the point, if it's not small and harmless, where are the photos?

It's currently a small faint object - readily detectable in any good telescope if you know where to look.

Were it bigger it'd be reflecting lots of sunlight by now (look how much little ol' Mars reflects) and easily visible as the brightest oblect in the night sky.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join