It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member re-birthing provisional PATENT using Fiber Optic, for West Australian ISP iiNet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hello all, I will start this off with a video post, was easier to vlog it, rather than type it out. The discussions on how it all came about, and even the IMPROVEMENT, of said idea, would be fantastic after OP.

Thanks everyone.

Video 1 - introduction to Absolute Spectron Technology - Colour Frequency Modulation down Fiber Optics

The following video was brought to you by Winamp Visualisation Plugin, and Techsmith Camtasia studio!

LIKE on youtube to get this going, $200,000 to get funding for the project if I succeed at Innovator of the year!

Thanks all.

Marty

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Cool i lived in WA for 15 years so i know iinet well.
I read about a similar concept a while ago, but that was to use colors to multiplex the data signals in optic fibres so more seperate streams could be overlayed onto each other to increase capacity as several signals could be sent down a single line at the same time but not as off set packets but as continuous streams and then by using beamslliters and filters to seperate the colours, the data would be split again, but im sure you know exactly what i mean

good luck and great idea .

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
Cool i lived in WA for 15 years so i know iinet well.
I read about a similar concept a while ago, but that was to use colors to multiplex the data signals in optic fibres so more seperate streams could be overlayed onto each other to increase capacity as several signals could be sent down a single line at the same time but not as off set packets but as continuous streams and then by using beamslliters and filters to seperate the colours, the data would be split again, but im sure you know exactly what i mean

good luck and great idea .

Sprocket2cog!!! Awesome mate, well what you described I think is called 'WDM' or Wavelength Division Multiplexing!

This doesn't divide the fibre into different wavelengths, (Such as channel for yellows, channels for blue, channels for greens etc..) This uses a protocol over the single channel.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
How I feel about not getting recognition in 2008!

How I will feel if I get recognition!!

top topics

join