It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Censored By Media Again - GOP Top Fundraiser Poll - Fail!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
Unpossible! A left leaning news site excluded a person with integrity, honesty, and a will to make America strong again? I am aghast.

/TOA

Actually, I'm a bit surprised this was MSNBC. So far, they've been faaaaar kinder to Dr. Paul than FOX. In fact, he's got a lot of street cred and respect on the left side of the fence and it's only getting better. I mean... look at Lawrence O'Donnel! This guy said kinder things about Ron Paul than anybody I've ever heard on FOX. And O'Donnel is pretty much as hostile as Bill O'Reilly when it comes to being unreasonably against "the other side".

He's not the kind of guy who normally sees something good in everybody so this isn't just hot air. Check it out:

I guess my point is that I think we will all be surprised at who ends up backing him before this is all over.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by gladtobehere

Here is his actual voting record:

You can find many instances where he voted against individual rights. Most strongly against any gay right's legislation but certainly in many other cases too.

www.ontheissues.org...

The only reason he voted against things like gay rights is because it shouldn't be a gay issue. It should be an individual issue. If you took the gay/black/muslim whatever out of it, and just focused on INDIVIDUALS and their RIGHT to do what they want as long as no one else is harmed - then it's a win-win. So it's not that he has a thing AGAINST gays per se - it's that we shouldn't be looking at things that way. We should be looking at each other as individuals.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only guy who can beat Obama. If the republicans want to win the white house he is thier only choice! Unfortunately to many republicans have thier heads up thier arses. And Ron Paul is unlikely to win the Presidency unless he wins the Republican nomination.

The reasons he can beat Obama is that he appeals to most independents and some of the Obama disaffected. Those folks see anyone else but Ron Paul as business as usual and would never vote for any of them, however they will vote for Paul. Republicans will vote for idiots like McCain but will refuse to vote for Ron Paul due to thier brain washing on the wars etc. So they will lose with a McCain rather then win with Ron Paul. However if he wins the nomination they will vote for him out of party loyalty.

So he could win the presidency of he wins the republican Nomination and then the MSM could not ignore him.
edit on 8-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by rstregooski

Well alot of people are pointing out the fact that this isn't the case. There is no reason for a news organization to censor him because he is not a serious threat to anyone.

This is at least the third major instance I'm aware of so far concerning Paul getting blatantly censored. ..

- Fox news airs the straw poll CPAC winner but showing the previous year announcement with loud booing
AboveTopSecret.com...

- The CNN Poll results last month showing Paul at 0% when it was reported %70+ elsewhere
AboveTopSecret.com...

- And Now This

I'm know there's more..

In the case of fox news airing 2010 CPAC results recently, it makes no sense how they "accidentally" accessed archived footage that was a year old just to run the story when they had their own video cameras recording the 2011 results live. There would be no reason to access archived footage for this story.. Total BS..

Maybe there's another reason for it, but seriously, if you can't see that he's being censored on some level, then I just don't know what to say.

edit on 8-7-2011 by rstregooski because: sdfg

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by gladtobehere

Here is his actual voting record:

You can find many instances where he voted against individual rights. Most strongly against any gay right's legislation but certainly in many other cases too.

www.ontheissues.org...

Get it straight from the horse's mouth. Dr Paul is an honorable man whom stands by his constitutional beliefs. He has NEVER received any donations from corporate sources. Individuals and private business owners solely. In this he still smashed all time records for fundraising in 08.
www.congress.org...
edit on 8-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: Punctuation

Here are a few examples of what we endured during the last election.
www.unitedliberty.org...
www.kxnet.com...
www.rawstory.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

...And T-Paw IS a serious candidate?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by rstregooski

The R.P. campaign should try to creatively incorporate this blatant MSM disrespect into his campaign.

His staff should document any and all MSM B.S. about his popularity and flood the alternative news scene with a
series of youtube shorts showing these scumbag outlets as they really are!!!

I think though, that R.P. is just too nice of a guy to stoop to their level...

You have to be careful of being drawn into that. Once you start arguing about it they'll just twist that a thousand different ways. When they finally stop it would be so confusing people will just call Ron a nut job, and his message would be lost.
edit on 8-7-2011 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
1 woman in washington state painted her house up like a giant Ron Paul sign. Bank of America threatened to foreclose on her if she didn't undo it. Still looking for the link. Don't think they could do that?
abcnews.go.com...

Thank heavens for Barry and George! Blah!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Howard Stern giving Ron Paul some props:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

beautiful. well said

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are write-ins allowed in presidential elections? If so, we all might have to kick-start a write-in campaign if he gets shut out of the primaries.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Unfortunately, we live in a time where the main stream media has become an obvious tool of the powers that be.
They have already decided for us that the election will be between Obama and Romney... unless those who are still asleep wake up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The thing is about Ron Paul is that his message really resonates with younger people... and that's how Obama got elected in the first place. He went after the younger vote.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

No...my "assumptions" are based off of how he did in the last election when we all hard this exact same speech from all the RP supporters.

History repeats itself my friend...this is no different. Paul is no more viable in 2012 than he was in 2008. The same people are supporting him now that did then...and probably less of them will vote this time.

How about not assuming based on the last election and base your opinions on what he is doing this time around. As a moderator, you should be at least doing that much. At least that is what I expect of you.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Below is the list of Romney's donors from last election cycle (banks, insurance companies, etc.). He is NOT for the American people:
Goldman Sachs $234,275
Citigroup Inc $178,200
Merrill Lynch $173,025
Morgan Stanley $170,350
Lehman Brothers $144,100
UBS AG $123,850
Bain Capital $123,150
Bain & Co $121,475
Marriott International $121,150
Kirkland & Ellis $109,400
Compuware Corp $103,550
Credit Suisse Group $102,600
Huron Consulting $102,050
The Villages $102,000
PricewaterhouseCoopers $92,250
JPMorgan Chase & Co $84,300
Affiliated Managers Group $82,112
Cerberus Capital Management $79,450
American Financial Group $78,350
Wachovia Corp $77,200

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Oh geeze....here we go again. I thought the Ron Paul thing would go away after '08.

Paul can't win...Paul won't win. He will do like he did in 2008 and raise TONS of money...and then garner a miniscule percentage of the vote.

America doesn't want Ron Paul...at least not the America who actually goes out and votes.

All thanks to the superb performance and proper coverage of the corporate MSM!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by bigdaddy7ftr

No...my "assumptions" are based off of how he did in the last election when we all hard this exact same speech from all the RP supporters.

History repeats itself my friend...this is no different. Paul is no more viable in 2012 than he was in 2008. The same people are supporting him now that did then...and probably less of them will vote this time.

------------------------
I totally disagree! I have been supporting Ron Paul since 2007. During the last campaign on youtube/other comment sections there were many many anti-Paul comments. Now almost all of them are pro-Paul. This is a very noticeable huge change. In addition, this time around, The San Francisco Chronicle said he should be President; the Jewish Chronicle has given him their endorsement, 3 State Representatives have given their endorsement. He has Doug Wead and Tom Woods, not to mention, Schiff, Dennis, Kokesh, et al. The Tea Party of Western New York, comprised of several counties, has endorsed Ron Paul. Ed Rendell, former Governor of Pennsylvania has stated on TV that "Paul is the only one telling the truth". There's even a new Democratic group, FB Blue Republicans, who plan (at least during the primaries) to vote for Ron Paul because they know he's the only Republican who truly wants to end the wars. In addition, it's very obvious that the other GOP candidates KNOW that what The People WANT is what Ron Paul espouses or they would NOT be trying to parrot his philosophies. And they certainly are parroting Ron Paul! The big difference is, though, that Paul means it, and they're just pandering for votes and would betray The People if elected.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
there is a bug crawling around on the gold lamp from 22:22 to 22:40
i cant tell what it is though.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reedbananaboat
there is a bug crawling around on the gold lamp from 22:22 to 22:40
i cant tell what it is though.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I love the idea of American people donating their hard earned dollars in this economy to Ron Paul, this last cling to whatever the American dream is actually a beautiful thing.

Romney receiving donations, generating his $10M in one day from big wig fundraiser dinners does not reflect the state and urgency in which we are in right now, why would it make any sense to let him be president? Some people who are still going around preaching how Ron Paul can't win is just plain silly. It is either you fight for what you believe in or you keel over to your new masters.

So what if you think Ron Paul can't win, continuing folding your arms, huffing and puffing as you vote for the lesser evil thinking that you made a difference.

Be the change you wish to see.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join