It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ouija board dangerous?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by SaturnFX

Theres a difference between reverant fear and fear because of what you've done. Whats this idea of God you seem to have, it seems to me more like idolatry than actually understanding what is God.
edit on 9-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

They let evil spirits and entity's into your home, nothing to do with "God" by evil spirits and entity's I mean souls from hell like murderers and what not if that's what you mean by "dangerous" but if it isn't I have no idea..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ouija can be very dangerous if you dont know what its all about. Read about the topic first: this site, internet etc. so you are a little prepared. Not saying dont do it, but know what your doing.
Never underestimate Ouija, no matter what other people say.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahamarlin
Ouija can be very dangerous if you dont know what its all about. Read about the topic first: this site, internet etc. so you are a little prepared. Not saying dont do it, but know what your doing.
Never underestimate Ouija, no matter what other people say.

Aye. But I think Ouija are only as dangerous as the one who wields it is weak. I remember only messing around with one once. Was drinking at a house party and a friend at the time brought one out. Apparently he used it before and said it would be "fun".

I tried using it with them and it wouldn't work. After that they said the board wouldn't work at all and they eventually threw it out.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have a ouija board and it's not dangerous to me... Playing with a quija board can be very dangerous though. Pehaps It would be safer if someone else showed you the ropes... I find it's easier to use with two people.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i guess it depends how you see demonic/malevolent possession.

if you believe the the only type of outside influence on your conscience and actions are from innate good vs bad human nature, then there is nothing to fear, play away.

however if there are spirits and/or demonic entities out there in other dimensions, doing certain things like partaking in seances, occult rituals, or playing with ob's invites possible influence, harm or even lingering possession.

and, how would you be able to to tell, for sure?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruthseeker789
Not really; think of it as a method of divination; your inner being can communicate more fully through it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Messing with a Ouija board is not a good idea .Ive heard to many disturbing stories about them.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I was hoping you wouldn't use such an easy target such as that video. This is my cherry-poppin first post on ATS. I will like to say that this is a subject that should entice any open mind that is never quite sure if there is an end to what we know and a beginning to something else we don't know. Sure, there are a lot of people gullible to something science hasn't studied significantly. There will always be those who believe we never stepped foot on the moon we see afar... but there is still a lot of data that hasn't been explored in this matter of content.

For anyone to blatantly state in a factual context that "Until you show me proof, I err on the side of skepticism and say there isn't anything paranormal", that's a story you've put an end to by only reading the preface. You know the general table of contents and you see the overzealous soul-stalkers who perpetuate silliness and vagueness with their supposed knowledge of the subject. You don't see the true scientific studies taking place because this field isn't popular with government and if it isn't popular with government, the study doesn't get the funding it needs.

By the way, the ideomotor effect doesn't work when you have more than three participants with completely different backgrounds and belief systems sitting at a board. That would mean that anything spelled out and making any kind of sense at all would require a controller subconsciously taking complete control over the movement of the planchette, and if that's the case, wouldn't other participants speak up and point out said controller's involvement in the movement - unless every participant were willing to give up control after every letter, passing on the control to another controller subconsciously, all until a legible word is concocted...

I believe there is no certainty in life. If I knew for a fact there is no heaven, hell, and that everything stops when I make up a jar of ash, I can honestly tell you that my moral fiber would deconstruct. That's sad, but knowing isn't always seeing and seeing isn't always feeling.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
been reading loads of stories on this site, i just love ouija stories. the thing is if you haven't had an experience with the paranormal then i firmly believe you shouldn't comment because all complete skeptics will just laugh and dismiss. i had a friend who has been doing the board for about 40 years, never had a problem with it, yeah, sure he got the odd threats but he knows what he's doing, i used to sit and watch him. now he could tell you some stories about the board. i have never got the board to work, i bought one of my own and tried his, he has a very old William Fuld one that his mum used to use, he brought it round my house one day and i have got one of my best evp's while trying to get it to work. his beliefs are the board won't work if you are scared as they don't want to scare you, when it goes into the figure of 8 it means they are thinking not trying to get 'out' of the board, he used a silver cross on the top of the board, sometimes they used to knock it off the board which meant it was either something not to nice or someone who just wasn't religious, never show fear, always be respectful even if you get sworn at, just close the board down using goodbye, if you get one thats not too nice and won't go repeat the Lords Prayer which he has used successfully. yes you can take your fingers off the planchette (or whatever you use) never use a glass as many a time it has been smashed upon someones chest. he uses it on his own and has no problem working it on his own. don't believe everything you are told. he insists it is not one bit evil and like attracts like,he said it depends on who is passing through at the time aswell. but the main thing is to be respectful at all times. i on the other hand do evp, have done for about 6 years. i've been having paranormal experiences since i was about 13 and i can tell you i've had some stuff that would make you run a mile but having said that i wouldn't be without the paranormal, even the nasty ones make it worth while and most of them are just plain bullies anyway. i've only seen two full ghosts and one would have killed me given half a chance and i've seen an apparition which was very strange as it was the figure of my then partner who was in prison at the time! i've stopped going graveyards at night as iv'e brought several home and the dog hated it, oh he can see them alright and my budgie believe it or not says something that only i ever heard my grandmother say and she has been dead for 20 something years, thats a long story. i know a group of lads that done a ouija board one night thinking it would be hilarious to do it while drunk but believe me, the laugh was on them and resulted having to call a priest out in the early hours that was 20 something years ago and they still will not speak of that night, i have the details if anyone wants them. now im experiencing something getting into bed with me and just putting their hands on my back, i go absolutely freezing and every hair stands up, but i do not in the slightest feel threatened (yet), in fact, it is comforting and sends me off to sleep i wonder if it is someone i know, be interesting if anyone else has that, i am fully awake, just got into bed and something else does behind me, i have had a crap year so far as i've slipped another disc in my back. with evp, i've had all sorts, i've been threatened and something tried to give me heart attack which very nearly put me off the whole thing but this is a part of my life. and i've had some beautiful messages, alot ask for help. so you are not guaranteed to get anything nice or nasty, it simply just depends who is passing by you at the time. when you see a ghost you will know it is one as they do this eye contact thing, like its piercing straight through to your soul, but i firmly believe everything is with the eyes, windows to the soul and all that. they are telepathic, mind readers and most is done through thought, which my friend says while your on the board they give an answer which you might think 'hang on, that don't make sense' its because they have already read your mind and have answered your next question. what ever you do, just be careful and respectful and DON'T get hooked on it!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join