It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ouija board dangerous?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
hey guys,

Do you think that Ouija board is dangerous to use?
I tried once but nothing happened.
Perhaps some of you tried it out and had experienced something great.
I searched the net for other people's experiences but most of them look fake. It's hard to trust the net lol.

What do you guys think? Does it work and is it really dangerous?

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Is Ouija board dangerous?
reply to post by thetruthseeker789

Well i once tripped over one, and knocked my head on the edge of the coffee table. So yes, they are very dangerous.

vvv

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

There are many topics of this covered here on ATS! Please utilize the search function provided for some fairly in-depth information regarding the Ouija board.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There has been proof of their danger..
but then again its literally to what you believe as a person

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
No, it's a kid's toy that operates via the ideomotor effect. Maybe it could be toxic if you attempt to do something stupid, like eat it?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
but then again its literally to what you believe as a person

Other than a tripping or fire hazard, what proof has been provided of their danger?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

It's a registered trademark of Hasbro Inc. No, no danger except the danger of wasting a bunch of your time. Well, there is a slight physical danger as well. Since it's a complete scam, someone has to move the thing for it to "work". If you get caught doing that, you might get punched in the face

===

@beauty from pain

Nice avatar, I have a leg sleeve tattoo with a 5 inch Link, among many other nintendo characters, and sonic because he sold out

edit on 7-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I remember one time when i was like 14, me and a friend were using a Ouija Board. We both could feel a tug on it. It was interesting, the only creepy part was when we asked it to blow out a candle....and the candle blew out. So we re-lite the candle and ask again...and the candle went out again. it was weird cause there was no wind source as we were in the garage. and it only went out when we asked.

But as toy our question about being evil? Ive herd that Ouija boards are not toys as the open a doorway to the other worlds and you leave your soul open to invasion as well as letting other spirits into our world. So the best of luck toy you and i hoped this helped a little.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Winged-Sphinx

It's as dangerous as monopoly. Well wait, bad example, monopoly usually ends friendships

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaycen420But as toy our question about being evil? Ive herd that Ouija boards are not toys as the open a doorway to the other worlds and you leave your soul open to invasion as well as letting other spirits into our world. So the best of luck toy you and i hoped this helped a little.

It's a piece of wood with writing on it. Scientifically speaking, how would it manage to open a doorway to another world?

No offense, but are you under the age of say, 12, and do you always accept what you've "been told"?
edit on 7-7-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Hahahahaha! sorry, that was just so epic. I guess in that context they are lol. I've never had any issues with one, including any strange happenings though. I would say that coffee tables are more dangerous than the ouija board (i've been there myself lol).

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I heard not to make your own Ouija board with real blood. From what my x told me, his flew off the table. I wasn't there, so I didn't see it, so I'm not sure if I believe him or not. I guess, just a caution on how you use it.

But, I did play with the Ouija with my sister, her husband, me and my x,. We played it exactly at midnight with all the lights off and I have to say, every time my x asked a question in his head, because no one was saying anything, he would swell up in welts and at one time, his eyes swelled shut. He said, it felt like someone put a cigarette in his eye. But, as soon as we put the lights on. He was back to normal. This happened to him like 4x that night. Turn the lights off, looked like he got attacked, Turn the lights back on a few seconds he was normal. I totally ran out of the house and stopped playing. It was just unexplainable. I never touch an Ouija after that.

I wouldn't mess with it after watching that happen to him.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The Chinese had a method they called "planchette writing" dating back to 1368 CE.

en.wikipedia.org...(planchette_writing)

im guessing this is where Hasbro may have got the idea from??

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I heard not to make your own Ouija board with real blood. From what my x told me, his flew off the table. I wasn't there, so I didn't see it, so I'm not sure if I believe him or not. I guess, just a caution on how you use it.

But, I did play with the Ouija with my sister, her husband, me and my x,. We played it exactly at midnight with all the lights off and I have to say, every time my x asked a question in his head, because no one was saying anything, he would swell up in welts and at one time, his eyes swelled shut. He said, it felt like someone put a cigarette in his eye. But, as soon as we put the lights on. He was back to normal. This happened to him like 4x that night. Turn the lights off, looked like he got attacked, Turn the lights back on a few seconds he was normal. I totally ran out of the house and stopped playing. It was just unexplainable. I never touch an Ouija after that.

See, I find that incredibly hard to believe. If that was me, I would simply bring a video camera the next time and give the people here the kind of proof they have been desperately looking for.

What ever happened to the bold explorers of the unknown, and why have they been replaced with cowards?

Come to think of it, if Ouija boards were capable of doing what some people here seem to think they are, why hasn't anyone proved it? It seems to me that it'd be the simplest thing in the world to do, and yet, we have nothing. Something is clearly amiss there.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
im my opinion they can be dangerous depending on the user. If you believe in ghosts and talking to dead people or not, thats your opinion and we all have a right to our own without ridicule. if your curious and want proof do a little research into Kelvin Cruickshank, or watch an episode of "Sensing Murder". Scary stuff. You,ll either believe the two mediums or believe the show is a total setup with all info previously given to the mediums. No grey area or room for opinion, which is a pleasent suprise for the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by crikeyoioioi
im my opinion they can be dangerous depending on the user. If you believe in ghosts and talking to dead people or not, thats your opinion and we all have a right to our own without ridicule. if your curious and want proof do a little research into Kelvin Cruickshank, or watch an episode of "Sensing Murder". Scary stuff. You,ll either believe the two mediums or believe the show is a total setup with all info previously given to the mediums. No grey area or room for opinion, which is a pleasent suprise for the paranormal.

Those kinds of TV shows are for entertainment purposes only, and have no place in a serious discussion of the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Manhater

See, I find that incredibly hard to believe. If that was me, I would simply bring a video camera the next time and give the people here the kind of proof they have been desperately looking for.

What ever happened to the bold explorers of the unknown, and why have they been replaced with cowards?

Come to think of it, if Ouija boards were capable of doing what some people here seem to think they are, why hasn't anyone proved it? It seems to me that it'd be the simplest thing in the world to do, and yet, we have nothing. Something is clearly amiss there.

Oh, the ole "I used a ouija board for 5 minutes and it didn't work", topic. How many times will this topic pop up all over the internet. Also, many people have videotaped their ouija sessions with paranormal things happening but when they show such videos the first words off everybody's keyword is usually "FAKE!!!". If you videotaped a ouija session and the board flew off table and you decided to post the video on here. Do you know what the first comment will read. "FAKE!!!!". Been there, done that. People have been videotaping sessions for eons. No one believes it anyways.. Good luck..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big ChiefOh, the ole "I used a ouija board for 5 minutes and it didn't work", topic.

I don't think anyone has said that?

Originally posted by Big ChiefHow many times will this topic pop up all over the internet. Also, many people have videotaped their ouija sessions with paranormal things happening but when they show such videos the first words off everybody's keyword is usually "FAKE!!!". If you videotaped a ouija session and the board flew off table and you decided to post the video on here. Do you know what the first comment will read. "FAKE!!!!". Been there, done that. People have been videotaping sessions for eons. No one believes it anyways.. Good luck..

Find me the very best example, and let's discuss it, yeah? The NUMBER ONE best of all, please. We can discuss whether there is good cause to doubt its authenticity or not.

We have some pretty incredible experiences claimed in here, we should be able to see some amazing, clear footage of the paranormal. I'm looking forward to it. One of them described the users face contorting and becoming covered in welts, I would be very excited to see something on par with that please.
edit on 7-7-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Chief
Oh, the ole "I used a ouija board for 5 minutes and it didn't work", topic. How many times will this topic pop up all over the internet. Also, many people have videotaped their ouija sessions with paranormal things happening but when they show such videos the first words off everybody's keyword is usually "FAKE!!!". If you videotaped a ouija session and the board flew off table and you decided to post the video on here. Do you know what the first comment will read. "FAKE!!!!". Been there, done that. People have been videotaping sessions for eons. No one believes it anyways.. Good luck..

The faking of events from Ouija, table-rocking, seances, and psychics have taken place well before there was video evidence. It has been documented and written about as fraud accounts are discovered. It's entirely understandable now with the advancement of CGI and post-production that people want to say that the videos are fake.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ah, better yet Big Chief, can you make us a video up of your own? Let's see if we can prove the paranormal, this is going to be awesome. I'm hoping you can capture some incredible, genuine footage.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join