It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Looking Fighter / Bomber Aircraft?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:
E_T

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I love that picture of that plane from that angle it really looks great

From sides it also looks really cool, I just haven't found much pics.

www.studenten.net...
www.studenten.net...
www.studenten.net...
airpower.callihan.cc...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From any angle it is a cool looking plane. Sorry WestPoint it smokes the Raptor. Only lost by a hair in the ATF comp as well. The Raptor is a kick ass plane but the YF-23 would have been a better choice IMHO

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
From any angle it is a cool looking plane. Sorry WestPoint it smokes the Raptor. Only lost by a hair in the ATF comp as well. The Raptor is a kick ass plane but the YF-23 would have been a better choice IMHO

Right on, Fred! I still think politics was the main reason the YF-23 lost. Yes it had some disadvantages, but it also had some areas where it was clearly a better plane then the F-22. Given the choice I'd rather fly an F-23 into combat then an F-22. The F-22 might have been cheaper,but that doesn't mean it was better. Also, the biggest lessonfrom this is: Don't Believe Everything The Government Tells You!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Right on, Fred! I still think politics was the main reason the YF-23 lost. Yes it had some disadvantages, but it also had some areas where it was clearly a better plane then the F-22. Given the choice I'd rather fly an F-23 into combat then an F-22. The F-22 might have been cheaper,but that doesn't mean it was better. Also, the biggest lessonfrom this is: Don't Believe Everything The Government Tells You!

It was a total political decision. Rmber that at the time Northrop had the B-2 production and they were still waffling on how many they were going to produce. As with the B-2 decision, they did not want all of thier stealth eggs in one basket

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
A-12 Avenger 2

MIG-29 Fulcrum

Mirage 2000

Rafale

EF-2000 Eurofighter Typhoon

[edit on 22-8-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
F/A-18 is th most sexy but since it's not the list I would choose something other than F-16

[edit on 30-9-2004 by AtheiX]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join