It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Looking Fighter / Bomber Aircraft?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
HEY FRED T What the hell is a Rino??

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
HEY FRED T What the hell is a Rino??

Sorry Rhino, thats one of the F-4 nicknames..........

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
No the round engine intake openings look really nice the F/A-18 looks a lot better than the F/A-18 Super Hornet. The square intake openings make it look kind of ugly. Also the side panels that lead to the wing are wider in the Super Hornet that also makes it look kind of ugly.

F/A-18 Hornet

F/A-18 Super Hornet

[edit on 14-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Nah, the Square ones gives it a mean look. The round ones look like saggy boobs from head on

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well you know what happens to the twins as they age, they begin to sag so you cant blame the F/A-18 hornets is getting up there in age
The wide side panels still look ugly on the Super Hornet.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This thread got me looking for other cool looking planes I came across this F-16XL and thought it was cool looking

I dont really know much about this version other then it looks cool. Anyone know about this plane was it just a NASA test version or something?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Those "panels" are called Leading Edge Root Extensions...or LERX. They are key to forming and manipulating a strong vortex over the body stabilizing it in high AoA flight. The F-16 forebody also acts like a LERX, the Raptors inlets form the equivelent function, sometimes to its disadvantage, the vertical tails had to be strengthened as the vortex shed off the forebody was causing vibration. The F/A-18E-F is quite good at high AoA flight, as is the Raptor. If it flies good its beautiful.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The picture is, unfortunately, not the best. Otherwise it's a cool looking plane:

members.fortunecity.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
the YF23 now thats a nice looking plane.
or the spitfire. mmmmmm spitfire.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
This thread got me looking for other cool looking planes I came across this F-16XL and thought it was cool looking
I dont really know much about this version other then it looks cool. Anyone know about this plane was it just a NASA test version or something?

The XL was general dynamics entry into the long range interdiction aircraft comp. The AF went with the F-15E

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The Raptor also has a wide body and wide engine intakes acting like the leading edges so it doesn't look any stability. Good thigh the AF went with the F-15E instead of that stretched out F-16.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
A lot of my favourites already have been mentioned here (SR71, F-16, F-22). Another plane though, that has not been mentioned here yet, and does belong to my favourites, is the Saab JAS 35 DRAKEN.

and also the Saab JAS 39 Gripen

including my favourite car

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Im not a big drakken fan, but the Gripen is a great looking plane! Who says all the sweeds can do is sardines and volvos!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That Draken plane is a interesting design its the first time I have ever seen it. Whats with the tag like letters on it? looks like someone went to town with a can of spary paint on that plane strange looking.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
That Draken plane is a interesting design its the first time I have ever seen it. Whats with the tag like letters on it? looks like someone went to town with a can of spary paint on that plane strange looking.

I think it is privatly owned and used in airshows for advertising etc. Its Mach 2 in DA HOOD!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
JobsAs far as the model of this plane, I guess it may not make it up ther on some of your lists.. but I think this paint job is just out of this world...

[edit on 15-8-2004 by RealisticPatriot]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Here are some of my favourite Tornado Paintjobs

German Tornado

The Classic MiG Eater paint job of an RAF GR1 Tornado that destoryed a MiG in the Gulf War (the first one)

EDIT : Moved Images off my ATS space

[edit on 16/8/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Cool find Hyperen that tiger stripe paint job is about the coolest paint job I have ever seen on any plane. I wonder how much that custom paintjob cost.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Im not a big drakken fan, but the Gripen is a great looking plane! Who says all the sweeds can do is sardines and volvos!!!

Groingrinder smacks FredT!!!
The Drakken is a very beautiful aircraft!
I would love to have one. If not allowed to fly it, I would turn the airframe into a hovercraft. Imagine BASS FISHING while standing on the wings. COOL!!

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The F-15 active is sweet too!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join