It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Looking Fighter / Bomber Aircraft?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Isn't the big arse pod on the back of the Su-34 the parachute? I always thought it was. Also Waynos the Raptor does not need any back firing radar cut it will never be running from anything the Raptor chases planes away and kills them before they know its there so it unnecessary

what if enemy comes up from behind?

dont have to turn yo nose to fire, nice?

and, plane would look better without rearRadar

[edit on 13-8-2004 by titus]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Aw, come on! No one here shares my love for the F-4 Phantom?

as Waynos said we are going to sit here and say wait...... I forgot .......

The Rino was another cool plane. Both the Blue ANgels and Thunderbirds used tham at the same time. And you can't forget the day Duke Cunningham had over Vietnam in his F-4. I just found out he is a So Cal congressman now.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

what if enemy comes up from behind?

dont have to turn yo nose to fire, nice?

How is the enemy going to come up from behind? They wont even know where the raptor is till they are close enough to see it thanks to stealth. The raptor can detect them before they detect eh Raptor so the chances fro a enemy fighter to sneak up behind of the raptor would be next to zero. And you don't have to turn the nose the pilots in the Raptor will have the HUD all they have to do is look at the enemy plane and press the red button.

I also think the F-14 Tomacat is a good looking fighter.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

How is the enemy going to come up from behind? They wont even know where the raptor is till they are close enough to see it thanks to stealth.

People should stop thinking the F-22 is so great and invulnerable because it has stealth. When you start thinking your technology is so great and invulnerable, it leads to complacency. Stealth is good but it doesn't mean you can't be shot down.

And you don't have to turn the nose the pilots in the Raptor will have the HUD all they have to do is look at the enemy plane ad press the red button.

What so all the pilot has to do is look at the HUD, then press a button and the plane can fire at planes behind it?

Now if the F-22 can do that, it might be a bit closer to invulnerability.

I think the F-14 Tomacat is a good looking fighter.

Now, I agree with you on this

I'm with those who like the original B2 bomber

[edit on 13/8/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

People should stop thinking the F-22 is so great and invulnerable because it has stealth. When you start thinking your technology is so great and invulnerable, it leads to complacency. Stealth is good but it doesn't mean you can't be shot down.

I don't think its invulnerable but if they couldn't shoot down a F-15 they will certainly have a much harder time to shoot down the raptor. And I think the pilot cant look at the plane behind him but if there is an enemy plane anywhere from the tip of the wings to the front of the nose they don't have to turn cuz they have the HUD.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I do not have a picture, but in one of my avaiation books there is a picture of a Grumman concept (with Lockheed) for a Naval F-22.

It would have the looks of the Raptor with the outer portions of the WIng able to sweep out like the Tomcat. Way cool!

The AF and Navy had an agreement. The AF fould buy the A-12 Avenger II and the Navy by a version of the ATF. Whne the A-12 was canceled the deal disolved.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I do not have a picture, but in one of my avaiation books there is a picture of a Grumman concept (with Lockheed) for a Naval F-22.

It would have the looks of the Raptor with the outer portions of the WIng able to sweep out like the Tomcat. Way cool!

I have seen a picture of something that sounds like that but I can't find it on the internet now.

Luckily, I have a copy on my PC and have uploaded it.

pics.xs.to..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Is that it?

EDIT : Moved image off my ATS space

[edit on 16/8/04 by Hyperen]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks Hyperen!

Thats why I love this board!!!!! I wonder what effect wing sweep angle would have on stealth? I don't think it would be stealth at low speed with its wings swept foreward?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I cant believe no one mentioned the F-117

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

You must be mad, Mad man !

This one looks better than the 'usua'l black ones.

Is it for real or is it just the light?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well, my aesthetic feeling is telling me that F-117 is quite ugly

www.luft46.com...

Peace

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Gotta agree on that one. It is one of the uglies planes to ever take to the air. Good thing YOU can't see it sometimes

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The F-117 never came to mind, mainly because I'm stuck in the 60s, but beauty is as beauty does and if your priority is coming home alive, this would be the plane to fly.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

You must be mad, Mad man !

This one looks better than the 'usua'l black ones.

Is it for real or is it just the light?

lol! I have been known to have a screw or 2 loose

Something about all of the flat surfaces looks sweet to me...

And yes, this is NOT black, it is either a white or blue - I can't tell which, but I know both have been tried.

along these lines, anyone think this plane is sexy?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Personally I like the F-23 but also the more I look at the EF:Typhoon the more I come to like it. As far as bombers go, I like the B1 and the old Vulcan.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Mad Man,

I like the looks of the A-10. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As I said in a previous post the proof is that I am married

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I like the A-10 American Mad Man, Even though some people think its ugly I think its a cool plane I think the gun alone makes it look cool.

I really like them with the teeth and eyes painted on

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I like the A-10, but I thought most would dislike it though - guess I was wrong

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I really like the F/A-18 too.....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I like the Super Hornet a little better though. The Increased size of the Cobra Vane and the square engine intakes give it a meaner look IMHO.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join