It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an actual conflict looming between Atheists and Creationists?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It really seems to me that the atheists in question are a bunch of babies who attempt to eliminate the rights of others to make themselves happy.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
Yes I know all that, It has been posted many times here on ATS, all you are doing is adding another layer of detail, with semantics.Most people will say they are either agnostic or atheist, culturally and conceptually they have already thought about their position and ideology, most don't feel the need to add another layer to it. My observation is only the more ultra intellectual types feel the need to add the sub-tag on.

I disagree, as there is a significant difference between agnostic, atheist, and agnostic atheist. But since you've seen it all before, I don't need to spell it out for you. I'm an agnostic atheist, because neither agnostic nor atheist by themselves describe my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

You best be trollin'.

What rights have Atheists tried to take away? You can still pray in schools, celebrate Christmas, not have a homosexual marriage, etc. What the secular community is trying to accomplish is to remove religion from government and prevent public endorsements. No one has lost any rights, and no one will.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jhnsmth

Beautiful post. You share my views almost to a pinpoint. I'm of the same belief and I think there is merit to every religion, but the organized sect within each one really hurts the image and cause. Organized religion is used to manipulate and control. I feel that the purpose of the religious texts is to gently nudge people in the right direction and of their own will. It is to spark curiosity and interest and drive the individual to build their own belief and relational structure with whatever the driving force of our reality is.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Don't tell me it isn't a right to mention Jesus or God during a Christian funeral.

And I never heard of Atheists advocating homosexuality over heterosexuality.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Are we talking about the United States? As far as I know, you can still mention God and Jesus at a Christian funeral, and there aren't any efforts that I have heard of to take that away.
edit on 13-7-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

Man, did you even read the original post?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join