It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyl: GOP Agrees to Up to $200B in New Revenues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Source

One day before a crucial U.S. budget meeting between the White House and congressional leaders, a high-ranking senator said Republicans have agreed to including significant revenue increases in a deficit-reduction framework.

"If you add up all of the revenues that we Republicans have agreed to, it's between $150 billion and $200 billion," said Senator Jon Kyl, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate.

Kyl said two possible ways to bring additional revenue to the government would be through sales of government property and additional fees for government services.

A very good idea the government could resort to in order to raise funds would be the sale of government owned land in the Western United States. Selling such precious land with its rich resources would definitely bring in a lot of revenue for the federal government. I hope that is what he means by the sale of government property but I also hope the government does not sell its property to foreign investors, we do not need a great buy-up of our land by the Chinese.

Either way I knew the Republicans would find some way to raise revenue without raising taxes the problem now becomes will the Democrats agree.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Source

One day before a crucial U.S. budget meeting between the White House and congressional leaders, a high-ranking senator said Republicans have agreed to including significant revenue increases in a deficit-reduction framework.

"If you add up all of the revenues that we Republicans have agreed to, it's between $150 billion and $200 billion," said Senator Jon Kyl, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate.

Kyl said two possible ways to bring additional revenue to the government would be through sales of government property and additional fees for government services.

A very good idea the government could resort to in order to raise funds would be the sale of government owned land in the Western United States. Selling such precious land with its rich resources would definitely bring in a lot of revenue for the federal government. I hope that is what he means by the sale of government property but I also hope the government does not sell its property to foreign investors, we do not need a great buy-up of our land by the Chinese.

Either way I knew the Republicans would find some way to raise revenue without raising taxes the problem now becomes will the Democrats agree.

One question.

Who will they be selling to? Foreign interests?

Think about it. We are up to our butts with the chinese.

Higher priced government services? So we pay more to get screwed more. Hmm. I imagine alot of girls in Nevada have a similar game plan.

edit on 7/7/11 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would rather see the Republicans agree to let all of the tax credits and loopholes expire, and let the Democrats get a win on that subject, while playing hardball with their budget cuts. We need to do both for the next few years, we need to let the tax revenue increase and we need severe budget cuts.

What we don't need is a bunch of Federal land being sold to Exxon, or BP, or the Chinese.

This may look like a compromise, but it isn't. This time around, what we really need is NO COMPROMISES! Boths sides need to stick to their guns, and they need to incorporate the most severe parts of both plans, so that we can see a real change for a change.

join