It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Employers Want Me To Do What!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This notice was on a bulletin board, right? So it wasn't personal. The safest thing to do is just ignore it. If they ever come to you personally with such a request, say you don't use FB or Twitter and consider it a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hell no never. I love this new job, but I would only add coworkers, and only if we were close. My last job, I still have about seven friends on FB from there, and I love keeping up with them. I also deleted several former coworkers after I was canned too. But as far as management or the business itself, unprofessional in my opinion. I control my FB not my employer! I agree it is just a way to keep tabs on employees. My FB is totally private, so all someone cal see is my name and profile picture unless they friend me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Depends on the job and if you like your boss. If you aren't friends then don't do it. If you are then go ahead.

If you don't like them then no need to add them and have them see horrible comments you made about them...but if you're friends then what do you have to lose? Also it helps to judge the persons character.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My company opened up an online chat to disscuss work WTH, I spend most of my week there and I don't wan't to go home and talk about work.

I put the letter in the bin and never bothered to sign up but I bet some sad c#n#s go home and talk about work..

Oh c##p now you made me talk about work damn you.
edit on 7-7-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My Facebook privacy settings are cranked to the max. And the only people I Friend on FB are close friends and family. I NEVER EVER Friend coworkers even if I'm good friends with them. Twitter is my anonymous public face. I may complain occasionally about my job but never mention ANYONE by name or my job by name. I have several Twitter identities and its quite difficult to find me on Twitter by my real name. I'll be happy to add any coworkers or employers to my Linked In profile, but NEVER Facebook or Twitter. I'll let them fire me first then collect unemployment. Nowhere in my contract does it say I have to Friend/Like/Follow my employer online.

I will gladly tell them so... I use Twitter anonymously for NON-work related activities. Facebook is for close friends and family only, you are neither - you are my employer.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Besides once Google+ goes officially live it won't matter because I'll be ditching Facebook entirely. If they ask I'll comply and keep coworkers and employers in an entirely separate friend circle that I NEVER post to or read.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This subject really gets under my skin.

In America, we have every right to criticize our employers and our public servants actions just as they have every right to criticize ours. We should also have every right to criticize our leaders without fear of retaliation from them. Sadly in many cases this is just not the case.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Grimbone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thanks for all your interesting replies. The thing is though, it's not a request from my boss. It came directly from corporate to all stores in 3 different states. Nobody is really talking about it, I don't think it will be a big deal. I just wanted to get some opinions from you guys. Thanks a lot everyone! I appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimbone
This subject really gets under my skin.

In America, we have every right to criticize our employers and our public servants actions just as they have every right to criticize ours. We should also have every right to criticize our leaders without fear of retaliation from them. Sadly in many cases this is just not the case.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Grimbone because: (no reason given)

Hey man, you're right! They sure do like to criticize any little thing once the annual reviews roll around!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join