It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace Team ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

THE PALESTINIAN-Israeli Peace Team has ramped up its preparation for the fourth Australian Football International Cup to be held in Sydney this August with a four-day training camp in Jerusalem.

The Peace Team, assembled in 2008 as an initiative of the Peres Center for Peace and the Al Quds Association for Democracy and Dialogue, Israeli and Palestinian non-governmental organisations respectively, will travel to Australia for the second time to take part in the Cup along with 17 other countries.

The other countries involved in the carnival are Canada, China, Denmark, East Timor, Fiji, France, Great Britain, India, Ireland, Japan, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Sweden, South Africa, Tonga and USA.

How good is this??
An Israeli and Palestinian team coming to Australia to compete with other countries for an Aussie Rules Cup competition..

Let's hope it gets some airtime on MSM and shows that they can be friends and live in peace..

I also wonder how many respective Government officials will come to the event..

Edit in link..
www.afl.com.au...
edit on 7-7-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Honestly? I think it is meaningless in the overall scheme of things. Just like the old Apollo/Soyuz handshakes in space.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think it's wonderful. Congratulations Australia! It's definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully a step toward peace. I think it will probably get international news attention, as well. It could put pressure on both sides to work out something and share their country with each other and for everyone to be able to live together peacefully.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Honestly? I think it is meaningless in the overall scheme of things. Just like the old Apollo/Soyuz handshakes in space.

Bit of a defeatist attitude there..

Peace has to start somewhere and hopefully grow..

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What great news this is.
There is always so many negative story's coming out of the middle east concerning the Israelis and the palistinians and their never ending conflict. Well i for one am glad there is finally a positive story to read.
I for one am always quick to critisize the two parties but not this time. I actually grinned when reading this story.
Good luck to all of those that are representing and supporting this combinded Israeli/ Palistinian team.
It seems that there still is hope for all of them over there.

After thought.
It always seems that sport is the thing that can tear down borders and any language barriers that mankind has.
Politics never seems to matter when we are watching sport.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It is a much better way for nations to compete and sort out their differences on the sports field rather than the battle field. While it may not make a big difference overall with the ongoing hostilities, it is events like this that do help in getting things moving in a better direction. I wish everyone involved luck with it and hope they have a good game

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is obviously a ploy by the evil Israelis. As soon as they run out onto the pitch they'll start building settlements!

top topics

join