It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
Since you do not seem to refrain from discussing minutia with other people, what exactly is the problem? What do you define as a "productive conversation" ?

I was on the precipice of bring forced to identify some problem areas in your reasoning, something I promised I wouldn't do when I asked you to explain your beliefs.

Yes, and I agree that it is a very weak, although not completely incorrect argument. They certainly believed it to be true, and no one alive seemed to dispute the idea that was true, despite many of them having been alive at the same time as Christ. What do you make of this?

Well, the Jews and the Romans certainly disputed such ideas. I'm not sure what your argument is here. Even if they didn't dispute it are you saying that it must be true until someone can prove it false?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by yourmaker

I wasn't smearing your character at all, sort of funny you took it that way...

And about what you see... You only see what you allow yourself to see, and your seeing is quite biased towards yourself, judging from what you have said so far...

I have no ill will against you for anything you believe or know.. quite the contrary, I wish you well in fact..

Just trying to show that sometimes our worst obstacles can actually be ourselves, no matter what it is that we believe...It all stems from the negative virtues that people naturally have, like pride, stubborness, closed minded about some things while open minded about others, etc, etc..

Having a heart that is hard as stone will always keep new data from updating anyone's "lifecycle"

Just food for thought.. it can be good for anyone

from what i've written so far you will be hardpressed to willfully understand that I am completely openminded about everything from the start. but as things begin to fall into place my understanding takes a shape and certain aspects of my belief system will dissolve, much like what happened to me around the age of 12 concering Christianity.

I've read the bible. I learned about Genesis and Revelations. Noah's Ark and David and Goliath.
I wouldn't be here saying anything if I wasn't sure. at some point I realized none of it could be true.
It's too fictitious in nature. Some things should just be a wake up call. Adam and Eve was it for me.
The creation of humankind.
Then again, it was only due to my experience in life that I was able to determine this to be false.
Simply, the way we were born into this life should be no different then how they came into it.
We all stem from the same species. on the same planet.
Nothing magically appeared, especially in 7 days, 10,000 years ago.
Of course, it comes down to faith. But what is faith? A blind belief in something that may or may not be there?

I am "skeptical" if you wish to label me, but only for the reason that if God's existance were blatant, none of this would be debatable. He wouldn't leave it up to "faith", unless this is of course my own personal pride issue taking hold.\
I cannot surmise why an all knowing all powerful being would do this existance in such a way either.
Starting off with a beautiful garden of Eden, banishing them for breaking one simple law, then as time progresses we find ourselves with a couple thousands nukes, at war for years now with no end in sight, and all because of Adam and Eve?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn
Since you did not understand what I am talking about in the previous paragraph, I will be more explicit. On another thread, I discussed with another member (maybe it was you but I don't remember) how the quality of the arguments found on the books usually advanced by atheists as "sure-fire defeaters" (The God's Delusion, Letter to a Christian Nation, etc) are not really anything new, and most of the arguments raised by them have already been answered many centuries ago. They do not go past the most basic level of knowledge of theology.

I certainly don't claim any new and revolutionary arguments. The tired, old ones are just as effective for me.

And agreed - many atheists' arguments don't involve theology. Knowledge of a given theology is often unnecessary depending on the argument presented. And I often see that point raised as criticism against those recent books - that they don't engage the theological concepts. Though I don't necessarily see why they need to in order to make their point.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

1. How do you know for sure, without a doubt, Jesus is NOT the Saviour as he claimed to "be coming back as he was going to prepare a place"?

Well to be honest we can't know with a hundred percent certainty. We can't know with a hundred percent certainty that Odin isn't god either. We can deduce that he was not the saviour by several different ways. One is the similarity between Jesus and earlier pagan gods, this points to the Jesus story as being just another religion created by man that was adapted from others. The church has an official explanation for this and it is one of the silliest things I have ever heard. It is called diabolical mimicry.

2. Is it in your best interest to believe a "fairy tale", unlike Santa Claus who never claimed to be the Son of God?

Hong Xiuquan, Danila Filippovich, Vissaqrion, Valeda, and many many more claimed to be the son of god or god in human form. Is it in our best interest to believe them as well?

3. What do you have to lose by believing (without calling yourself a Christian)?

You are presenting Pascal's wager. The time lost and the perpetuation of what is most certainly a myth. Should a person force themselves beyond all logic and reason to believe in a deity?

And I leave you with the Atheist's wager.

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Based on the "end" scenario it is all about Us and Them! The Faithful and the Unfaithful. The Spirited and the Spiritless.

Why can't your religion embrace EVERYONE, it never has to be US AND THEM.
I'm faithful, to my friends and people of my country.
I'm spirited, because i'm ALIVE and have passion for what's right.

But I don't subscribe to the belief there is a God. Am I banished to eternal Hellfire because of this?
No. Why would a god, if he truly existed determine this to be the best route for his creation??

Oh i'll make him realll nice, and he'll get along fine with everyone, help old people and such, but nope he's a heretic so he's going straight to hell when he dies HEHEHEHEHEH,

god sounds a lot like satan, you guys sure you're not reading the wrong book?

And also, there will never be an "end". We may become naturally extinct, but never EVER will there be an Armageddon unless because someone so dearly believes it's coming, MAKES it happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
People aren't ridiculing Jesus Christ. They are ridiculing the religion centered around worshiping Jesus Christ. There is a big difference.

There are also plenty of threads that bash atheists, Muslims, Jews, etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Its just very sad....that Jesus Christ is the only Deity that is being ridiculed here on ATS...or is that allowed to be ridiculed?....I don't know just wonderin ...why the vilifying and hate towards Jesus?

Most are not vilifying Jesus but rather the religion of christianity. Some will attack the message supposedly given by Jesus, such as the idea that those who do not bow to him will burn in hell. Which is a concept that didn't come about until Jesus. The concept of hell derived from the new testament is very different than the concept of sheol in the old testament.

As far as his moral teachings he really didn't give humanity anything that wasn't around long before his supposed life.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” Ghandi. And this thought sums up my entire experience with Christians.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I asked two questions from you....and they were not about a "book".....get it right. We are supposed to be talking about JESUS and why you wanna hate.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Iam a tolerant individual who believes in freedom of expression as long as it doesn't bastadise without logical reason individuals or groups.

I cannot however understand why so many directly vilifying threads in this section are still open.

Its as if there is some form of conspiracy against Jesus Christ , that is being given license here?

Just scan the thread titles on this sub forum...if you are wondering about what this thread pertains to.

Its just very sad....that Jesus Christ is the only Deity that is being ridiculed here on ATS...or is that allowed to be ridiculed?....I don't know just wonderin ...why the vilifying and hate towards Jesus?

Most of the GENOCIDE that has occurred in the last 2000 years has been in the name of one "GOD" or another. It does not matter if you are killing in the name of this GOD or that GOD. The fact of the matter still remains that more people have been killed in the name of GOD than any other excuse.Not to mention the fact that the rules and "guidelines" that pertain to CHRISTIANITY are not even followed by the ENFORCERS of their so called "RELIGIONS" AKA this priest or that priest MOLESTING LITTLE BOYS...

The urge to procreate is too great, to try to deny any man of that HUMAN impulse is just absolutely RETARDED. In closing I leave you with this clip of GEORGE CARLIN and BILL HICKS explaining how the WORLD REALLY WORKS and how the people in power use THIS OR THAT mind control to make you think and act a certain way...PEACE TO YOU...MY FRIEND...(FOR NOW!!!)

edit on 7-7-2011 by SNAKE13X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

You are right....you do not know .....enough said from you on the topic then. You and others like you do not know....you are only guessing and to me....that is risky business.

I am not wagering....if that is what you want to call it because someone else labeled it so....be my guest. My idea is mine not his and not yours. Mine comes from my own experience just as any other.

The others you mentioned were not said to be crucified for you and I.

Believe what you want as you should. Not everyone believes like you nor does everyone believe as I do. We all get to a belief from our own experiences..... good luck with yours.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
why the hate ?

because jesus christ is the symbolic leader of a movement that actively encourages mental illness and fantasies of being superior to others

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAKE13X

I loved his humor....such a funny man whom I enjoyed so much while growing up. I do not hold his no beliefs though.....oh poor little grasshopper!

I wonder what he said when he met Jesus face to face.....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Its not just ATS my friend, Jesus of Nazareth seems to be the main target on many forums/websites. If you ask me that's just gives him more creditability of being the one true deity since he seem's to be such a huge threat to the non-believers who post here.
edit on 7-7-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

This has been happening for ages. I was christian than went atheist and had an awakening and became a walker with Christ. I am not christian, because I don't believe Jesus taught us to start religion. He taught us how we should live and what God expects from us.

It is amazing the amount of crap that is out there but when you bring up Jesus you get persecuted for it. Youtube censors any truth coming from Jesus believers. Bill Cooper was silenced. But David Icke and Alex Jones can talk against the elites without being silenced? All because they are about a different agenda. As long as it steers you off the path, its allowed. You know how many great christian music groups there are that will never come out of underground because TPTB want only their satanic delusional music influencing people. Aliens, New age, Maitreya, spiritualism, even meditation is being brought out to continue to split the paths to God. Jesus told us the one path to God and His Kingdom, anything else is a trick of satan.

Remember, the first deception satan said to us was we'd be like gods if we ate of the fruit. His last deception will be the same trick, making people believe they are gods. And his greatest deception? Making people believe he never existed.

IMHO

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Its not just ATS my friend, Jesus of Nazareth seems to be the main target on many forums/websites. If you ask me that's just gives him more creditability of being the one true deity since he seem's to be such a huge threat to the non-believers who post here.

AGREED

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes it is a HUGE threat. of mammoth proportions. but it's to your ways of thinking not HIM.
YOU and his followers give him "creditability". There is no such thing as a deity. They don't exist. Simple.

The threat is when you people take these stories to be fact, literal and real. That's scary to the sane.
Preaching bible quotes like they mean anything today. That's scary.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAKE13X

So if people started killing for me than I'm not real? God commanded us to not murder, and when those people kill for their god, it is not the same God we are thinking of. God does not want us to kill, especially in His name. If God wanted someone dead he can handle the job himself. Those people that killed for their God were hypocrites and deter people from the faith. I would never kill for God, even if he came down and told me to, because God does not appear to us, satan does. And you can say satan is fake or a fairy tale, but millions would disagree with you.

The people that killed for their god were only killing for their own personal gain. Your speculating on this matter on what other people think is dangerous. I don't think you can really tell us the true reason why those people killed others. Murders always need a scapegoat, and their best choice is their god. Not my God, he does not condone killing, for it is written- "Thou shalt not murder"

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So you're saying that Jesus has more credibility because more people present legitimate doubt?

Okay. That doesn't make sense but okay.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

You take the Bible out of context if thats what you believe. The gospel does not say kill others, stone your children, start wars, be hypocrites, etc. Jesus is our salvation, our brother, and our only way to the Kingdom of God. Repent, and walk with Jesus. Follow the ten commandments. There is a difference between faith and fanatic. Faith in your favorite musician means you buy their tickets, their cds, their videos, fanatic means you go crazy, you are part of all the fan clubs, you'd kill someone for this musician, you collect every pebble they seem to walk on, and you stalk them. It's about your experience in life and how you look at things.

It's like a company. You can have 5000 people in the company and everything works great. One person screws up and ends up in the news than the whole company looks like s#. These people doing bad things because the Bible says so are just ruining the image, and your allowing it to do that. Your letting others thoughts and actions influence your decision on the Bible. Read the whole Bible, and than come tell me if you feel like going out and killing anyone that doesn't agree with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join