It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Iam a tolerant individual who believes in freedom of expression as long as it doesn't bastadise without logical reason individuals or groups.

Bastadise?

Really?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am not appalled by the souls who have chosen to embrace themselves with the void without Christ. I am saddened however by the very explosive reaction which overcomes those who have turned towards this void when mentioning Christ. It is psychotic to say the least.

Jesus the Flesh is not being worshiped, but rather Christ within is being elevated. Some say the Holy Spirit, some say Great Spirit, but without Spirit a void sets into them and causes them to only see the math and the science of the Universe rather than the Super-Natural that is so abundantly surrounding us.

I am OK with those who choose to void themselves into the void. I just refuse to participate in their madness any longer. I am now and forever will be an instrument of Christ.

Soon the very instrument that empowers those with the void will be shut down. All that will be left will be their own thoughts and their own meanderings. No one to usher them and prompt them, no one to back them further into the void. Perhaps then they may find personal redemption. If the internet should shut down, if power is lost and infrastructure is broken, then I hope that most will find it in themselves to realize the incredible gift that was there all along, the connection to a higher power at hand. If they should fail and fall completely into the void there will still be a reawakening that will take place a thousand years later when once again they will be given the chance to play out the dramas of Satan/Society, so that they can truly be judged.

As it is now, everyone has the chance to overcome the void if they open to Christ within, not without!

These are the times when we should expect such disdain and contempt. I used to think that the Devil himself is not doing such a good job if these are the end times, but then I opened my eyes and realized that through the very notion of Aliens/ET/UFOs that the Devil is right on schedule!

Blessings! Praise Be Christ, Our True Lord and Savior! May his arrival be soon enough to save us from ourselves!

I do not use Jesus in my above thoughts as a name, because the name of Christ is many and when he arrives we will know him as Our Lord.

GOD help us All, we will need it!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I am not appalled by the souls who have chosen to embrace themselves with the void without Christ.

So you prefer to live in a box rather than "the void".
Interesting.

I have no problem with people believing what they like, but their beliefs often render tribalist, divisive behavior (such as the entirety of your post). The us and them mentality is something you should reconsider as it's quite an undesirable quality.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Mark 6:11
11 And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them."

Hebrews 10:26-31
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," and again, "The Lord will judge his people." 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Why is that?
Because he's a sadistic bully?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Why is that?
Because he's a sadistic bully?

Call Him what you will but the truth is eternal...

Deuteronomy 32:35: It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Deuteronomy 32:35: It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them."

You know, I could go quote a load of old tosh, still doesn't mean it's true.

I always wonder why when logic and rational thought defeat the religious, their last attempts are either circular arguments or vacuous statements from an old book that could be interpreted in any way one sees fit.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Why should I be compelled to worship a deity that is obsessed with punishing people? He won't torture me as long as I do what he says? This god can't graduate from the mentality of a schoolyard bully?

Really now. You're not exactly selling me on this....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Based on the "end" scenario it is all about Us and Them! The Faithful and the Unfaithful. The Spirited and the Spiritless. Without that context it might as well be peanut butter and jelly and a playground of demonic forces playing with angels on a UFO designed by the Government.

A box? It is a box where I reside to protect myself from those who wish to harm me, but soon I will be released from this box because I have Faith. It is funny, because the box is where I retreated to from those who do not connect to a Higher Power, a means by which I have remained safe from further harm; yet there are those who would also want to take even this foundation from me as well. Interesting indeed! How can a man in a box be such a threat that their very presence is worth destroying?

I could just use "I" and "you" but that would be judgmental and I would rather say "we" and "them" and allow you to interpret which side of the fence you prefer. Eventually there will only be a "Mark" indicating that preference, so it will be much more defining by then.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Imo, It's best not to engage in debate with religious people like Soldier of God ...

No matter how much reason and thought you put in,
It will just end with him accusing you of being a servant of Satan...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

Based on the "end" scenario it is all about Us and Them!

There is no "end scenario".

The Faithful and the Unfaithful. The Spirited and the Spiritless. Without that context it might as well be peanut butter and jelly and a playground of demonic forces playing with angels on a UFO designed by the Government.

So your god doesn't bring a message to all people, just some.

A box? It is a box where I reside to protect myself from those who wish to harm me, but soon I will be released from this box because I have Faith. It is funny, because the box is where I retreated to from those who do not connect to a Higher Power, a means by which I have remained safe from further harm; yet there are those who would also want to take even this foundation from me as well. Interesting indeed! How can a man in a box be such a threat that their very presence is worth destroying?

How are people without faith or higher powers wishing to harm you? I have no faith nor belief in higher powers. I don't wish harm on you in any way.

I could just use "I" and "you" but that would be judgmental and I would rather say "we" and "them" and allow you to interpret which side of the fence you prefer. Eventually there will only be a "Mark" indicating that preference, so it will be much more defining by then.

To me ideas that inspire unity are far more desirable than those which divide us. To each his own I suppose.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid

Imo, It's best not to engage in debate with religious people like Soldier of God ...

No matter how much reason and thought you put in,
It will just end with him accusing you of being a servant of Satan...

Thanks!

I am interested to see whether he/she has an argument that comes from his/her own brain. So far, SOG is just a quote mill.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You can hate religion, with all it's symbolism and ceremony - certainly I'm no fan. And I know some people think beards are naff - although I'd probably have grown one at some point if I could have. But to hate the teachings of Jesus will cost you dearly.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by Robert Reynolds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

i'm obviously not being the nicest right now as this is one of few things that gets me emotionally charged.
I believe in people, in life, in the REAL.

Yet I bet you your pants you believe in aliens visiting earth and that they created us through science and DNA manipulation.

Something that is based on faith also.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I speak for myself and only myself. calling me "the 5%" does nothing but solidify my belief that you are just uneducated due to your genetic lineages inability to conjure up more brain cells. PERSONAL ATTACK BOOOOM

lemme guess, your parents are Christian? lemme guess, you went to church when you were a kid?

You are calling someone uneducated and yet you can barely punctuate or structure a sentence properly?

Then use non words like lemme.

Do not throw rocks when standing in a house of glass.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Its said that you must be doing something RIGHT the more hatred you receive. So, there it is

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Want a good book to help you understand this?

Then read "The Age of Reason, The Complete Edition" by Thomas Paine

It will give you an idea of where many are coming from. If you don't want to really understand what you see as "hate" and where it comes from, don't read it.

Education is a priceless thing.

Personally, I believe in God, I just don't believe in organized religion, nor do I believe in a book that was written and changed and voted upon by man for control of the masses as being the word of god. Not to mention that languages never ever translate meanings well from one to another. Which means the majority of us do not know what the original "book" said as the majority of us cannot read the original language it was written in..... besides... is their even a copy of the "original" around somewhere? But even if their were, and I could read it, I would take it with a grain of salt as it was WRITTEN by humans, and we know that humans never tell a story the same way twice.

We know that humans always have their own spin on things. Take for example a little experiment many of us did in grade school. We sat in a circle, one person whispered one sentence in the ear of the person next to them... and wallah.... it was then whispered differently to the next person and so on. By the time it's gone around the original saying is almost completely gone and definitely changed by each person.

Or we could use the example of witnesses in a car accident. Take 4 people standing on a street corner who see a car accident and you will have 4 different stories as to what actually took place. Not that these people are lying, they are telling the truth as they saw it.

No way am I going to believe that a book written by humans will be exactly what they were supposedly told to put in it, as everyone hears and see's things with their own spin of reality.

Besides, if God want's to tell me something, he/she/it will and he/she/it would not have to use a book to tell me what he/she/it wants me to know.

I see it every single day when I wake up and see the beauty in this world, feel the love for my children and family, and see the stars in the sky at night.

Get it?

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
You may recall that Jesus said the world would hate Him and it would hate those who believe in Him.

No, no I don't recall that and neither do you. The only way any of us could recall ie: remember that, is if we were there hearing and seeing it take place. None of us were. What you "recall" is a human telling you about it, and you believe these humans, as if they were god. Now that, is what I would call a sin if I were to go by your bible.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
But to hate the teachings of Jesus will cost you dearly.

How so?
And what of his teachings which I would consider bad advice? Do I have to just accept it?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I think that a lot of people around here are well read enough to come to the conclusion that JC was just a dude.

Most likely he was the son of J-ulios C-aesar and Cleopatra to maintain their power structure over the sleepy folks.

Then, his likeness got bastardized in the 14 or 15th century by Caesar Borgia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join