It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

Everyone has their own theory, and I think as long as you are positive you have a seat next to God in the sky. I just understand, as a dad, that saying your sorry doesn't work. Something else had to be done to relinquish us of our falling, of our sinning. And thats why God came down here in a body called Jesus Christ and died for us. Repent and salvation.

I could be wrong, but I'd rather be wrong on this end than be wrong on the dark end. I'd rather get to Heavens gates with a ticket and told I don't need it to get in rather than "Hey, wheres your salvation ticket?". Ever leave the house thinking you didn't need your wallet or hat and you get mad cause you ended up needing it. I have.

Rather have Jesus and not need Him than need Him and not have.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

You have to be kidding, yet again! Can one person really be this ignorant of logic or argumentation?

See how silly that sounds?
edit on 7-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

And you have to be kidding me, why do no-believers really think that they can win a case against Christ. Do you really expect people to believe that what your saying is true? You don't bring anything the table to support your claims, all you do is deny and then expect others to prove your denial. You have nothing to back up what your saying but denial. You don't even have a valid scripture that can support your claims, unless words of philosophers are your scripture.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by sting130u

You are conditioned into religion.

You may be raised on a deserted island and ponder the existence of a creator because you have no idea how to explain anything otherwise.

Then again, you may be raised on a deserted island and have no concept of a god or a soul.

Do you think we had a concept of god before we were in our current form?

No, it was something created by civilization. God was essentially created as an explanation, god of the gaps if you will.

Today there is no reason to insert god anywhere.

Conditioned in religion, not into. You get coerced into religion by people telling you if you dont go to church you'll burn, if you don't tithe you'll burn, etc. You get conditioned in religion by the indoctrination.

And I can prove there is a God, but I don't think you have the time for that. I certainly don't.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

I stole, I lied, I cheated, I was angry, I hated everyone around me, and I loved checking out your gf's a# (just an expression) After I confessed to God and accepted Jesus all of that stopped. Maybe some people don't need it? I doubt it, but lets just say maybe. The first time turned from sin I can't explain the warm feeling that went through my body. It was wonderful. And I don't want you to believe me or anything, I just want you to be open to the signs so you don't miss them.

You know what? I can tell by your posts that you are a caring, compassionate and intelligent individual. You are one of The Good Guys. And I think that even if you never even knew who Jesus was - never heard of him - that you would still be a caring, compassionate and intelligent person. Like everyone else you behaved in regretful ways and you learned from them, and your intelligence helped you become more caring and compassionate. I don't know if it was Jesus so much as it was you.

Also, if the Bible is a fairy tale like some claim, why is it mathematically perfect with Bible code? Why is it the Bible knew the Earth was a sphere thousands of years before scientists figured it wasn't flat? How is it the Bible knew the planet floated on its own? How did it know the circulatory system of the oceans were much like our own circulatory systems? Ever flowing one way? All this many many many years before "scientists" found out? Just seems to me that man is always making mistakes and the Bible has remained.

The Bible Code and the claims in the bible are different subjects and both areas face real problems when you apply some scrutiny to them.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

This is essentially Pascal's wager.

Here is the atheists wager and this is assuming god is benevolent.

You should live your life and try to make the world a better place for your being in it, whether or not you believe in god. If there is no god, you have lost nothing and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent god, he will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believed in him.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

We take the default position. You were not born with a belief in god, it was conditioned in you over time.

Some would disagree.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sting130u

You are conditioned into religion.

You may be raised on a deserted island and ponder the existence of a creator because you have no idea how to explain anything otherwise.

Then again, you may be raised on a deserted island and have no concept of a god or a soul.

Do you think we had a concept of god before we were in our current form?

No, it was something created by civilization. God was essentially created as an explanation, god of the gaps if you will.

Today there is no reason to insert god anywhere.

Conditioned in religion, not into. You get coerced into religion by people telling you if you dont go to church you'll burn, if you don't tithe you'll burn, etc. You get conditioned in religion by the indoctrination.

And I can prove there is a God, but I don't think you have the time for that. I certainly don't.

Okay indoctrinated is a better word. You certainly are not born with an innate belief in god.

You can prove there is a god? No I have plenty of time for this seeing as some of the greatest philosophers in history have not been able to prove there is a god.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Thanks for that. Sometimes I have to wonder if it does happen we all end up in Heaven and the true evils of the universe are destroyed and God shows us how silly we all were in the frivolous feuding and we all laugh with him and say yeah we were pretty dumb. I believe God (if one exists) has unconditional love for us and is infinite love.

I have a co-worker who actually had a life after death experience. He was shot twice in the face with a .45 and died for 3 minutes. He lived a good life, has 3 kids that graduated top of class (you'll see his son soon in the NFL he was just drafted) and is very down to Earth. He explained to me that he was in a big area and was surrounded by a silky feeling fabric. He felt like it was love (much like the love you make to your significant other, not sex) and that he felt as though he was holding onto God's tennis shoe shoelace. I have heard this kind of thing before in my research of after death experiences.

I have also heard of people being dropped into the pit of hell so they can have a chance to repent and see where they were heading.

Than a 3rd one, which is actual death so its not proveable but spoken of in the Bible, is the face of the beast scaring you into repentance at your last breath. If you don't repent in the last breath, your dropped into the pits of hell for eternity.

Course, I have also heard that when we die we die, we are in the ground returning to our dusty state, and we aren't raised up until the time that God has planned.

This is all hearsay, just putting it out there.

I hope we all end up together in Heaven, cause I like alot more atheists than I do christians
There are true christians that follow the word, and than there are those that use it as a facade to gain things in life such as monetary gain. Like that episode of simpsons when bart sells his soul to milhouse, he asks milhouse what they have to gain by lying to us about the soul, and reverand lovejoy is counting out his donation plates.

link   
reply to post by jamsession

Originally posted by jamsession

So tell me then, what is real?
Because if you think life is only what you think is real, I feel sorry for you. That is a mighty small box you live in.
The perception of reality can be changed, but the word and meaning of Jesus Christ will last forever.

this is the exact attitude that draws disbelivers more away than attracting them to your religious faith.

How so? What part of my statement is false? Please expand on your thoughts. (If possible)
edit on 7-7-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

From your link

CNN points out the notion that both atheists and the religious can use the study to validate their beliefs. Trigg explains that the faithful can look at the data and say, ‘If there is a God, then … he would have given us inclinations to look for him.” On the flip side, atheists would potentially accept the notion that faith appeals to the human heart and mind, but that humanity must evolve and move beyond simple myths.

This study does not say you are born with a belief in god.

The person who makes an absolute claim has the burden of proof. Skepticism is almost always the default position.

I can't believe I missed this but you may want to consider your sources before you post them.

This study was funded by the Templeton Foundation and they very often pay large sums of money to get nonsense like this published.

Not saying that is what happened but just food for thought.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

It's alot of math and research. It's not gonna pop out at you like solid proof, but jurors have convicted people on much less evidence. God gave us hints to his existence. My favorite is the number 6, which was given to man to recognize man. You can see this as coincidence or bullhucky or true.

A=6, B=12, C=18, D= 24, etc

Vatican hill, microchip, computer, witchcraft, image of satan, mark of the beast, kissinger, and many others= 666

Jesus Christ, Lucifer, Muhammed(sp)= 444. The number 4 is the number of choice. We have 3 choices. Only one is right.

Check out 666calculators youtube for many MANY more.

The Bible said the heavens were expanding, and astronomers confirmed this within this decade. The Bible also stated which animals we could eat, which is true to scientists. The one we do eat, pig, that was forbidden in the old testament, is actually dirty like the Bible says and even when cooked to temperature can still have parasites in the pork.

I could keep going... I think I'll put something together and make a thread. I have to work a long day tomorrow in 5 hrs. My job tomorrow is friggen 65 miles away through Destin, Florida so I need to be well rested to deal with idiots in traffic talking on their cell phones drinking and driving and being ignorant of others around them. Wish me luck. I really will need it, really.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The human mind always tries to find patterns to make sense of things.

You can do that with just about anything.

I'll look forward to your thread though to see everything you have to say.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

That "math" is based off a biased principle. Especially since you used the english letters to determine value.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I feel the exact same as you. I have been to churches in the past but something did not feel quite right with dressing up and shaking hands with the same guys who play ball on Friday and get drunk on Saturday. I did it so I should know.

Once I hit rock bottom in life I was pulled out of the cycle by God, Jesus, The Creator or who ever people choose to call it. I dont look at God as a man. I look at God as the creator of everything but something that is constantly around us. I found I had the strength to pull myself out by following a voice from inside telling what to do next. The path took me four months to finish. I am now free of all man made prescription poisons the doctors love to feed the public with.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Seeing some of these comments posted...
I definately agree that many people express negative feelings toward religion (namely Christianity) because it's cool. I personally don't really believe in it but I also have no real reason to hate it. It never did me any wrong, so for me to hate it would obviously mean I would be expressing someone else's true animosity, hence a fad. I think ultimately the people who "hate" Jesus Christ really just haven't found much that they like that is their own. If that's not the case, then it makes even less sense why they exhibit so much feeling towards something they don't believe exists.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Are you talking about the comet hitting Jupiter? So, God was responsible for that? God doesn't like the inhabitants of Jupiter, so he killed a few of them?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by celticpride

Thats what I have seen as well in some churches. I had a friend who was a deacon until he got fired along with a secretary at a local christian school for things that were never fully defined. These people give Christianity a bad name. I believe in a higher power. The Creator goes by different names so take your pick.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

And I can easily dispute the validity of one of those claims, Albert Einstein was not a theist.

Then you need to study his work more. Not only was he against atheism, but he was also a believer in Christ.

OK so he was extremely smart and believed that God exists, but even thought the math said they existed he didn't believe that black holes were possible. If he was wrong about black holes, he can be wrong about God too, especially because black holes have mathematical evidence to back up and God has a book to back it up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by pirell

I would say the biggest cause of people turning away from christianity is rationality.

exactly. rationality is the answer for not only christianity but any abrahamic.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

i like your signature! very original, im glad it goes with each of your replies!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join