It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to party the Rothschild way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Nat Rothschild, who has one of the best financial brains in a family renowned for business acumen, will be 40 next Tuesday, and intends to make this a weekend to remember.

The financier is rumoured to be splashing out £1m on a birthday bash. That is small change for a man whose personal wealth is reckoned to be about a thousand times that amount. And the little state of Montenegro is understandably delighted to be chosen as the venue.

Makes you sick, don't it

www.independent.co.uk...

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 7/7/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

Yes it does....though I can't say I wouldn't enjoy having enough money to waste that much on a Birthday Party....Still I'd imagine that (though I am by no means perfectly altruistic, and never greedy) that I could never spend that much money on such a frivolous thing....not when it could go to more important causes. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself doing such a thing.

On a side note....I am always annoyed when the moderators make a big deal about posts like yours. There was really nothing more to say, other than what you said..."it makes you sick" pretty much encapsulates the entirety of the message you wanted to get across....and, at least for me, it inspired a response, and hopefully further thoughts on the matter from others. I just think that sometimes the Moderators go out of their way being overly legalistic about their own rules. Your post seems absolutely fine to me. Just my Personal Opinion.
edit on 7-7-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Wrote part of a line twice by accident.....so I fixed it. I fixed it by removing the part I wrote twice by accident.....do you need to know any more info, or is that fine? The line was "I'd imagine that", and I wrote it once before some ()'s and once after the ()'s. So.....that is indeed what I did, and also how I fixed it. Hopefully I have answered the "Your Reason for the edit" section in a manner which is fully in accordance with the rules......Damn, you moderators are sexy. I'd like to take you home and show you a good time! Hell Yeah!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I can picture him, walking down the street talking with his buddies about his $1 Million birthday party... while stepping over homeless people and laughing at "FORCLOSURE" signs.

Actually, I was just thinking. I feel bad for people like this. People that have to measure their self-worth by how much money they have in the bank, how many Facebook friends they have, how popular they are, etc.

I'm pretty damn poor, and I honestly don't think I would trade places with this man. At least being poor, I know my friends and girlfriend like me for who I am, not for how much my estate is worth. Friendships to people like the Rothschilds are like a game of politics, complete with backstabbing and plotting. I guarantee if this guy was to be broke tomorrow, his friends would laugh at him and the country club would boot him out the door.

Suddenly, I feel quite happy with my life.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I agree it is way too much for anyone's birthday, but...

I think some marriages we saw lately cost much more, like the Clinton's daughter and recently, Kate and William...

Maybe Roth is having a very cheap birthday from his point of view... Still, that shows how sick these people can be.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You don't know anything about this man. So he was born into money but that doesn't automatically make him a non-caring stupid individual.

Try to keep your hate in check.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
There's much written about the Rothschilds in history books..

IMO they are NOT a nice family and the world would have been a better place without them..

edit on 7-7-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I know lots of family's that aren't nice and it's not relative to their income.

If I had their money I may throw parties like this too. Maybe we all would.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't need to know anything about him to tell you he's a non-caring snob. How do I know this? Billionaires are all the same. Stamped out of the same mould.

Don't tell me that money doesn't shape who a person is, because it most certainly does. When people are born into money, they grow up surrounded by it. Money, from the day they are born, is projected to them as THE most important thing on earth. Without it, they wouldn't have their caviar, fine wine, expensive cars, etc.

People like me that are born into poverty / near poverty are raised with much different values. We grow up poor, and instead all we see is hard work and love. People aren't always at the mansion, talking about stocks and hedge funds, and how much money they made that quarter. We can't afford to spend all our time at a yacht club surrounded by monocle-wearing, quail eating snobs. I could list about 1,000 fun things to do outside that wont cost you a dime. I bet a rich person could only tell you one "Throw rocks at the Mexican caretaker".

Money has just as much influence in shaping who you are as your parents do.

EDIT: Oh, it's you... You seem to not like me very much. I should really stop embarrasing people, they seem to take it so personal.
edit on 7/7/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

So there has never been a nice rich person.

gotcha

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Rich people can be nice. My post was almost exclusively about old-money billionaires.

Millionaires can be quite nice, as most of them these days are self-made through music, movies, TV, books, etc.

Kro, your posts have been the most generic, unimaginitive posts I have ever seen on this forum. You come into a thread, leave some one liner contesting someone elses opinion without even attempting to voice your own.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I honestly hope he party to death ... I once spent 0.01% that amount and almost died

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
reply to post by Adyta

You don't know anything about this man. So he was born into money but that doesn't automatically make him a non-caring stupid individual.

Try to keep your hate in check.

There's nothing wrong with being born into money, my friend....I have lots of friends that are quite rich. Not a single one of them would consider throwing a birthday party that wasted anywhere near that kind of money...even if they could afford it. Throwing a birthday party that wastes that much money, simply for the benefit of stroking one person's ego is what makes him a "non-caring stupid individual"!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Ok, even though that IS a lot of dough to blow on a shindig, I feel we need to cut the dude a little slack, after all he's turning 40! That's one of the big ones.

Now if he does this again at 41, 42, etc...THEN I feel we can pound on him a bit, but otherwise...come on guys....FOURTY!
edit on 7-7-2011 by tjack because: i missed a space

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by kro32

Rich people can be nice. My post was almost exclusively about old-money billionaires.

Millionaires can be quite nice, as most of them these days are self-made through music, movies, TV, books, etc.

Kro, your posts have been the most generic, unimaginitive posts I have ever seen on this forum. You come into a thread, leave some one liner contesting someone elses opinion without even attempting to voice your own.

I would re-read my post history if you think that's the case.

Or would you like me to link them all for you.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32 I know lots of family's that aren't nice and it's not relative to their income.

Granted trash comes out of high places as well as low.
However it seems that the richest 1% does not have a lot of good to offer to the average person of the world.
They will I am afraid evolve into the morlocks and we who are left above into the eloi.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

The first one now....will later be last....the times they are a changing. A lil birdee told me so.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGrifter

Care to divulge more?

new topics

top topics

join