It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to organize an expedition to search for God in the Big Bang universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The Big Bang universe is where we humans are residing in, and where there are humans who claim to know God exists in it.

Of course they also say that God is not only in the universe (understood from henceforth as the Big Bang universe, or more correctly the universe where we humans are residing in and are part and parcel of), He is also out of the universe.

So, people who claim that God exists say that He exists not only within but also without the universe.

I think the terms used are immanent for within and transcendent for without.

For our purpose here I suggest we abstain from philosophical terms, instead keep to everyday words which however can and do still enable us to talk about God and His existence in the universe* where we are residing in and are part and parcel of.

Okay, I am thinking of organizing an expedition to search for God in the universe.

Now, if I may and I should first do this essential task otherwise it is irrational to go forth on the expedition to search for God in the universe, allow me to define the concept of God in the following manner:

God is defined as the maker of everything that is not God Himself.

What do interested posters here think about this expedition?

Pachomius

*Universe is understood as the Big Bang universe where we are residing in and are part and parcel of, as distinct to hypothetical universes such as the multiverse, the parallel universes, and whatever other conceivable universes where we humans are not residing in and not part and parcel of.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
No because God doesn't exist.

You won't find anything God-related at all anyways... Hate to be the debunker but here ya go, sorry

edit on 7-7-2011 by iSwag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We can barely make it to the moon or Mars, and you want to go out into the infinite Universe to search for something that may or may not be "physical" in the first place? Unless you have some way of staying alive for thousands of years, you're not even going to make it out of the Milky Way. Am I understanding you correctly? Maybe I'm confused. This post just seems so bizarre, that it almost leaves me at a loss for words.

Some believe that God IS the Universe and all that is within it, so your search for God can begin right here on earth, in your back yard, in your room, in your head, in your mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I say that we humans are part and parcel of the universe.

So, no need to launch right away into outer space to look for God.

We can start already with ourselves, with myself with each one of yourselves.

Specially since we are made of the stuffs that also make up the whole of the universe.

Pachomius

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

Joni Mitchell said it and she's right. I'm agnostic but I am in awe of the miracle that is our own existence and predicament. Why search for a God who may exist outside of available time and space? Bask in the vast miracle of existence

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Small steps, small steps.

Theists, fabulators and similar groups wanting answers yesterday do it by inventing such answers.

Real knowledge is a slow, painstakenly process, needing patience and stamina.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When i want to find a book first i must know what a book looks like, and what characteristic of it.
Not knowing what a book looks like, even with so much technology that i can explore all the universe i would never find it or would never know when i already find it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It amazes and humors me to listen to and or read of simple humans constructing apparatus to explore in to the viewable areas they can only observe.

What would you need to undertake such a endeavor?

There is a device that will take you on a journey to explore the universe we live on.

It is the most magnificent "space craft" one could ever imagine.

You already exist on it.

It is called in English Earth.

Just sit back,lie down or walk around and enjoy the ride.

If you want to find God just look up with your eyes and inside with your mind.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by maung
When i want to find a book first i must know what a book looks like, and what characteristic of it.
Not knowing what a book looks like, even with so much technology that i can explore all the universe i would never find it or would never know when i already find it.

I will go back to earlier posts as I think about them, but right away I want to propose to the author of the post above that there is such a thing as an exploration that is more broad than an expedition.

You have a particular book in mind so you do an expedition to find such a book.

But if you want to know what books are in the market and to come across any which might be of interest to you, you do an exploration.

What is more enriching to your mind, expedition or exploration?

If you ask me, it is exploration.

Now, in regard to this thread, "Is it possible to organize an expedition to search for God in the Big Bang universe?"

I am inviting people to go on an expedition to search for God in the universe where we are residing and we are part and parcel of.

There are humans who claim to know the existence of God understood as the maker of everything that is not God Himself, in other words, as maker of the universe.

So, they do have an idea of God and they can use an expedition, or we can launch into an expedition to come to the finding that yes or no, there is God in the universe.

Those of you who are convinced that there is no such God, at least you can consider joining the expedition in order to laugh at the organizers, when they finally give up the search for realizing that there is no God, or realizing that they will never find God.

But you know what they will say, they will say that they can't get to see Him with eyes but by reasoning He is certainly around.

Pachomius

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Pachomius

I am agree with you for exploration will enriching to our mind. With a wide explorations i ll have more info that ill gathered and focus on the characteristic of that book.
From there i can start preparing, collecting tools etc etc, and then set directions to start the expedition.

For expedition to search for God it very possible as long as those required things already present.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by maung
reply to post by Pachomius

I am agree with you for exploration will enriching to our mind. With a wide explorations i ll have more info that ill gathered and focus on the characteristic of that book.
From there i can start preparing, collecting tools etc etc, and then set directions to start the expedition.

For expedition to search for God it very possible as long as those required things already present.

You say, "For expedition to search for God it very possible as long as those required things already present."

The concept of God as maker of everything that is not God Himself is already in our mind, but the object corresponding to the concept is outside our mind, and an expedition to search for the object, that will ascertain for us that God is really existing in reality, or not existing.

If we continue endlessly debating in our minds, it is a useless exercise.

Now, we have to examine the concept whether it is a valid concept or it is not a valid concept.

A valid concept for example is a house in the sky if you think carefully about it and how it can be done,* but an invalid concept is a square circle because no matter how you think about how it can be effected in reality outside your mind and my mind if I think about it, it cannot be effected, namely, that a square (or circle) at the same time under the same aspect and in the same space is a circle (or square).

But we can still have a pseudo concept of a square circle in our mind, it will not destroy our mind, our mind is very versatile in this regard.

Just as we can have the thought of shooting ourselves in the head and still we will be safe, that is the versatility of our mind which God has made in us or given to us, the versatility of our mind, in order that we can think about all kinds of irrational things and not get destroyed or go crazy, but will think more intelligently further on that they are not effectable in objective reality or they are useless in objective reality.

So, please do some intelligent thinking about the concept of God as maker of everything that is not God Himself, or God as maker of the universe.

Then decide whether an expedition is attractive to you or not, that is your free choice.

Oslove

*A house in the sky, possible for man to effect a house in the sky? Think about it, and let me know in your next post if you are still around in this thread, or you will go away?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pachomius
The Big Bang universe is where we humans are residing in, and where there are humans who claim to know God exists in it.

Of course they also say that God is not only in the universe (understood from henceforth as the Big Bang universe, or more correctly the universe where we humans are residing in and are part and parcel of), He is also out of the universe.

So, people who claim that God exists say that He exists not only within but also without the universe.

For our purpose here I suggest we abstain from philosophical terms, instead keep to everyday words which however can and do still enable us to talk about God and His existence in the universe* where we are residing in and are part and parcel of.

Okay, I am thinking of organizing an expedition to search for God in the universe.

Now, if I may and I should first do this essential task otherwise it is irrational to go forth on the expedition to search for God in the universe, allow me to define the concept of God in the following manner:

Pachomius

*Universe is understood as the Big Bang universe where we are residing in and are part and parcel of, as distinct to hypothetical universes such as the multiverse, the parallel universes, and whatever other conceivable universes where we humans are not residing in and not part and parcel of.

Can you understand the software and its workings without loading it into the computer? You are the workings of God; and to find him you need to look within the hardware, not without the hardware: for the outside is just vanity; the substance is within. I imagine you can understand this, seeing you posted your thread using a computer.

What you call Universe is a holographic experience: you need to find the source, if you are to find God.

If you would like to understand this better, read through the thread, abovetopsecret.com...[url=http://abovetopsecret.com].

Peace be with you!!!
edit on 8-7-2011 by Olise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Dear Olise:

I can see that you are a mystic.

Yes, everything is connected, you can't think of anything without everything always linked with it.

The whole Big Bang universe is one big existence thing, it includes God the what Christian philosophers call the necessary and the only one necessary being, and everything else in the Big Bang universe which has Him for its origin, i.e., maker -- and all everything not God is created by Him, and called by Christian philosophers to be contingent beings.

Yes, I agree with you that I must search for God in my mind, in the brain so to speak, the hardware.

On the other hand, this forum is as far as I can observe into science -- but there is a section or they also accept mystical contributions, and from stock knowledge in science the distinction is made of the world of concepts in the mind of people and the world of objective reality outside.

So, we use concepts in language to communicate, it cannot be otherwise, but we have got to also seek corresponding things in objective reality that concepts in our mind relate to.

In this connection, scientists today are supposed to be into the worldview of materialism, i.e., everything is composed of matter and energy, etc., but concepts are they also material or they are what, spiritual?

Concept are also material because they are in the brain and the brain is all chemistry and chemical physics whatever, they call that reductionism.

Well, anyway, I just keep to their scientific premises, because communication is still possible, even though they want to reduce everything to matter, and nothing of any shadow as spiritual or non-material existence.

Call it material or call it spiritual, the fact is that it has got to be existing just like the nose in our face.

If we can all agree on existence like the nose in our face, we can communicate.

I encourage you however to pursue your mystical worldview, it is only with humanity that there is such an endeavor.

I will not continue further to say that for being totally into matter exclusively atheist scientists are missing an ingredient of humanity that is a component to man's peculiar essence.

Pachomius

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There are two ways to touch the clouds:

#1 Build an airplane.

#2 Wait for fog.

Remember that God is NOT contained in the created universe, but He left clues...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
There are two ways to touch the clouds:

#1 Build an airplane.

#2 Wait for fog.

Remember that God is NOT contained in the created universe, but He left clues...

You say, "God is NOT contained in the created universe..."

Dear friend I am of the opposite idea, namely, that God is contained also in the universe He also created, but He is also outside: God is immanent in His creation and God is transcendent to His creation, namely: God is both inside and outside His creation, the universe where we are residing in and are part and parcel of, and in this sense God is also part and parcel of the universe He created, but of course greater than the universe.

See my initiating first post [text in bold].

Originally posted by Pachomius

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pachomius

Dear Lazarus Short, I like to continue our exchange of thoughts on this topic, organizing an expedition to seek God in the universe we are residents of.

Pachomius

top topics

join