It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Food Companies That Serve You Wood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Originally posted by Janky Red

. . .

Peck, can you survive on wood bark or cellulose and water???

You cannot, it is deception

Bull#. You can survive on only plant life and water.

You fail in basic survival skills.

I know in corporate Texan shill lawyer school they teach that
you can equate dog meat and a hot dog as similar good stuff.

But in the real world, where corporate oaths can being abandoned,
Food and tree bark are not equivalent. In Texas I bet brains and spaghetti
Are tha same too

Cellulose is Used as a filler, it does not have caloric content to speak of and
It is not even digestible

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You have basically asked me if I could survive of sugar and water.

Yes, I could. For a good while too...not that I would be happy about it.

I would collapse mentally long before from lack of bacon though

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My understanding is that the "wood" in the product is what nutritionists call "roughage" or "fiber". It is actually good for the digestion. So we are not supposed to worry about it. We used to joke about it at school making it a funny thing that we are eating cardboard. Perhaps the packaging is more nutritional than the cereals ?

Min forståelse er at "tre" i produktet er hva ernæringseksperter kaller "grovfôr" eller "fiber". Det er faktisk bra for fordøyelsen. Så vi ikke skal bekymre deg for det. Vi pleide å spøke om det på skolen gjør det til en morsom ting som vi spiser papp. Kanskje emballasjen er mer ernæringsmessig enn korn ?

Min uppfattning är att "trä" i produkten är vad dietister kallar "grovfoder" eller "fiber". Det är faktiskt bra för matsmältningen. Så vi inte ska oroa sig för det. Vi brukade skämta om det i skolan gör det till en rolig sak som vi äter kartong. Kanske förpackningen är mer näring än spannmål ?

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm much more fearful of what they do to our meat rather than this deal with cell
ulose.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I know in corporate Texan shill lawyer school they teach that
you can equate dog meat and a hot dog as similar good stuff.

I was never a lawyer. Dunno what that has to do with the discussion.

I do not eat dog meat or hot dogs for that matter.

But yes, I would equate that dog meat is as similar to hot dogs.

Educate yourself again, please

I will help you:

--According to contemporary reports, dog meat is consumed in a variety of countries such as Switzerland,China Vietnam, the Philippines, and Korea. In addition, dog meat has also been used as survival food in times of war and/or other hardships.

. . .

Dogs have historically been emergency food sources for various peoples in Siberia, northern Canada, and Greenland. Sled dogs are usually maintained for pulling sleds, but occasionally are eaten when no other food is available. --

Looky there. Your appeal to emotion fallacy failed hard.

But in the real world, where corporate oaths can being abandoned,
Food and tree bark are not equivalent.

So no one in the real world eats cinnamon? I guess no one in the real world uses Asprin either (willow bark and leaves).

-all pine trees in the east
-maple
-cedar
-white birch
-slippery elm
-basswood
-fir
-tamarack
-spruce
-birch

All edible right off the tree. I bet Native Americans appreciate you telling them that do not live in the real world. Those trees were their survival food in times of need.

Oh, by the way . . .

--Did you know that there are many trees that are edible? That's right you can actually eat pieces of the trees. Particularly the bark is the edible part. The inner bark is actually the part that's edible, and can
taste very sweet.

. . .

The Basswood, which is a North American tree, that happens to have one of the best inner barks. What you would do is go to the bottom of the tree, and peel back the bark in order to expose the inner bark. You can
actually eat it raw, and it will have a somewhat sweet taste. You also have an option of boiling it in order to make it easier to eat. Some other trees that have edible bark are, the Slippery Elm, Birch, Tamarack, Willow, spruce, and Pine.

. . .

It's also a good idea to include your children in this. Not only will they learn a lot about nature, but it will open their minds as well. If you are a teacher you can also use this in the classroom for a very educational experience. You can take the children on a nature walk to see all of the different types of trees. Of course you want to make sure that you inform the children not to go around eating trees, but just show them the many uses a tree actually has. Link--

FUnny I have to teach you like a little child.

In Texas I bet brains and spaghetti are the same too

Now you are just being obtuse.

Cellulose is Used as a filler, it does not have caloric content to speak of and
It is not even digestible

So, like said. Have fun trying to not eat any cellulose in your life. If you happen to succeed, I am sure you will love the constipation. But that is more than made up for by the absolute crap that flows from your mouth.

Good day.
edit on 7/8/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Here's a great book called The Whole Soy Story loaded with Information for those of you who care what you ingest daily. I'll also add that Soy is added to Everything, literally.
"Soy formula is one of the worst foods that you could feed your child. Not only does it have profoundly adverse hormonal effects, but it also has over 1000% more aluminum than conventional milk based formulas. - Dr. Mercola.

www.amazon.com...

Originally posted by alwaysobserving
reply to post by Partygirl

Well I'm happy to read that all of the things listed are the foods I stopped eating. Its all bad! organic organic organic! I knew I just read that word on something I just bought and it was my vitamins!...it says cellulose (plant origin) glad I only planned on taking one bottle of them. But this is better then the thread I read about food that had human waste or something in it. I'm tired of wondering whats in my food!

edit on 9-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You are really up for digging a hole aren't you? Jihad to the soul...
I reckon you would not stand on podium in front of your friends and neighbors
And make such an argument, do you have any pride?

I will pay you $1,000 if you post a video of you eating, completing a 2/4 slab
Of pine with a folk and any sauce you'd like.
This campaign of yours is truly special, it is so ridiculous
There are not many words to convey the extent.

My point of dogs went right past your head btw, it is equating
Two things as being synonymous because the share a very small
Relation, in name or in cellulose. It is duplicity, mass media training
To except desperate and distorted ideas.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would like to know the percentage

Time for breakfast, gonna go chew on some bark.

I was really disheartened when I saw it was in my raisin bread,

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Diarrhea is the same as chili because is is brown, hot and runny

Fish and wood chips

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is completely outrageous. And there is NO LIMIT to the amount of wood pulp they can put in.

Even processed meats.

I'm sticking with basics and meat we can see is real. From the butchers.

This filler ends NOW. Our bodies cannot process and its starvation/murder.

OH but the FDA allows this, yet calls nutrients TOXINS. Gotta Love That one!!

WE NEED TO STOP THIS, EVEN IN CANADA. OUR FOOD AND SAFETY SEEMS TO FOLLOW SUIT ALOT.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I eat a whole food, low carb diet, losing 153 lbs since January 3 of this year. Everything I eat is prepared from scratch. While I am as prone to things like mercury as anyone else, the wood pulp issue is something that will not effect me.

If you are buying processed or frozen foods, you get what you get. You should be treating your body better anyway.
My tip: only buy food from the very outer edge of the store. In the center is the crap that you don't need. Empty carbs and tasteless garbage.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hi ATS peeps. For those of you who have not seen this thread before, (it was started in July) I would like all and any input on what you think of -guar gum- -xanthan gum- and -cellulose powder- in groceries.
Recently, I made some spaggetti noodles with sauce, powdered fat free cheddar cheese sprinkle, parmegan cheese sprinkle, and a fat free spray on 'butter'. Immediately after I ate this concoction (which tasted really good actually) I got hours of horrible "windies". I never had a problem before with ANY of those items. I carefully closely studied all the small print ingredients. Yup, the notorious ubiquitous gums and celluloses were in there, most of the products. But I think I never read and checked to see before, cuz, no problem before (that I was forced to notice)
So today I come home from the grocery store. I am on a fixed income in a poor mostly white community of mostly seniors and disabled. The nearest Whole Foods are located in some upper income suburbs of a big city, about 130 miles away. We have gas stations, dollar stores, a savealot grocer, no farmers markets, and I do not have the idyllic -house- (or any house) with garden or condo balcony for the muchly touted survival garden.

Well, I remove all my groceries from bags and re study the ingredients, as I try to in the store as well. All these gums, powders, woods, etc. are in ALL of the stuff. Things rangeing from lemon cake (listed guar gum - 3- times) to pre made pizza crusts ("vegetarian and fat free").
You ATSers who have not seen and discussed on threads like this, about the woods, powders, gums, what do you think of those? What are your experiences with ingesting those? Do you react badly as well? Or am I not supposed to react badly to them? Because something's wrong? (with me?)
I am aware of the Codex Ailementarius and Monsanto GMO "sustainable" (depopulationist) conspiracies. So I guess all this filler cr*p is a part of that? or just greedy cheap companies?
THANKS.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

And then we wonder why we get obese, get cancers and other dieases.
Breast cancer can possibly be linked to aluminium in underarm deoderants.
Modern "homogenised" milk contains all the fat molecules that used to be skimmed off for making butter and cream.
Margarine is only one atom away from being plastic, Yet the heart people say it is good for your heart
Then have a look at the ingredient labels on packaged food - there are more numbers there than the US external debt.
Commercially made bread contains very little flour, once again look at the numbers.
Chickens are pumped full of growth hormones, supposedly not dangerous to humans. If these hormones promote chicken growth, they won't promote humans getting bigger? - Yeah right!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sailor Sam

Yes deoderant! I alllllllllways was suspicious of a connection there. How could there not be, with that unnatural chemical?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

And for those who say margarine is not close to plastic - I had a tub of margarine sitting on my boat, not refrigerated for nearly 6 months (I kept forgetting to take it home) and it was still in a perfect condition, edible and no sign of mould or anything.
It now takes the human body a lot longer to decompose after death than it did 60 years ago. What more proof do we need?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Holy Smokes!!! BEWARE METHYL CELLULOSE

I never knew it was this bad, until I was poking about the search engines about the "gum" additives in foods.

www.eatingrules.com...-12450

Methylcellulose? is synthetically produced by heating cellulose with a caustic solution (e.g. a solution of sodium hydroxide) and treating it with methyl chloride.

Taking wood pulp and treating it with lye and a poisonous gas to create a food additive? Only in the world of Frankenfoods does this make sense — not in my kitchen, thank you. Watch your packaging for this one, it is ubiquitous in shampoos, toothpastes, and foods like ice cream simply because it works and is fairly inexpensive.

Vegan supplement capsules can also be made from this.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
I just learned about this not long before I went 100% organic, grass fed and organic fed meat and dairy and switched to raw milk and dairy..

A lot of that organic stuff has cellulose (called wood in this article). Good job!

I had cheese in my fridge where this was one of the main ingredients. Why would wood be in cheese. I wish they would just leave our food alone.

Cellulose powder is included as an anti-caking agent in packaged cheese. Cellulose powder prevents cheese from clumping because of its fibrous quality and non water-absorbency, effectively waterproofing the cheese.

Deny ignorance.

Deny ignorance, huh? Some organic products indeed have cellulose, but there's no reason to buy those particular products.

And, pre-grated "green can" "cheese" is something that is best left alone.

Deny propaganda.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Lightrule

You do realize that you are still eating cellulose, even with organic and raw foods, right?

There's "cellulose" as a natural component of foods, which is not added.

Then there's cellulose from wood pulp added to con you into thinking you are getting real food.

Deny propaganda.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I just came upon this thread, and I would like to thank Lemonfresh for his post. Alot of people do not realize exactly what we are eating when we eat processed food. I had no idea until about 4 years ago, and I was appaulled. It has taken me a long time and alot of reading to understand what I know now, and the truth is, I still don't know all of the ramifications of eating processed food. Where I am lucky (I guess) is that I was raised in a uthat has land and we have been growing our food for generations. Even knowing what I know, there are times that I can not resist buying something that I know tastes so good. I love those cheddar cheese crackers that a local distributor makes. I don't eat them offen, but sometimes I just get a craving for the darn things.

We have been blessed by science and then again NOT. I believe it,s all about the choices we make.

I am well aware that I can survive on different woods and plants in the wild. However I do not choose to eat them in my normal diet.But if a situation arose where I had to survive I think if I was in the right frame of mind, I would know what to do.

Don't knock someone just because they don't know. And don't knock someone because he does. Learn from each other and appreciate that you have each other to learn from.
Thank you for reading my post and I hope we can all get along.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join