It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15 Food Companies That Serve You Wood

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I vote for Soylent Green. We feed the the PTB to the international bankers, feed the international bankers to the politicians, feed the politicians to the lawyers and accountants and then feed the lawyers and accountants to the sharks. What ever is left over will be excellent fertilizer! It may not really increase the quality of the world food supply, but it would be fun to watch!

Cheers - Dave

edit on 7/7.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: oops

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by guessing

How exactly are they evil?

By adding cellulose?

Putting tree bark on their menu?

Perhaps adding sodium bicarbonate, as a thread on ATS went on about awhile ago?

While we are at it, let's ban dihydrogen monoxide as well. Yes?

Because they do not disclose to us what actually is going into our food.

I think the word is Ambiguous.

Remember, a lot of people are not able to read the label for various reasons.

edit to add link and to stop the madness in it's tracks
dihydrogen monoxide

So they the food companies, are evil.
edit on 7-7-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

edit on 7-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Yeah the really scary thing is living in an area like mine, HUGE, healthy fields of crop tons of healthy heard animals yet we need to eat wood?

This is exactly why I started eating raw and growing as much of my food as possible.

Gardening is stress relieving and budget relieving as well. I've saved tons of money growing lettuce and tomatoes. With a small herb garden and as little as 4 or 5 tomato plants you can have a huge range of tomato based sauces that costs pennies, and its fresh and organic. Things like beans, beets, radishes, squash and carrots are as easy to grow as throwing seeds in dirty and watering once or twice a week.

Fruit trees are an investment as they take a few years to mature but once they are producing you will know why the wait was worth it. Might need a little babying to get started but I have 6 apple trees growing in my yard right now that were started from a bag of organic gala's I bought from the store.

Its really is disheartening to read something like this when REAL food can be produced so easy.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It's a way for them to get more readers, duh.

It's also asinine to come to conclusions, as well. Who says I got a rise? Well you are a billionaire surrounded by delicious women.
edit on 7-7-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing

How exactly are they evil?

By adding cellulose?

Putting tree bark on their menu?

Perhaps adding sodium bicarbonate, as a thread on ATS went on about awhile ago?

While we are at it, let's ban dihydrogen monoxide as well. Yes?

Because they do not disclose to us what actually is going into our food.

I think the word is Ambiguous.

Remember, a lot of people are not able to read the label for various reasons.

So they the food companies, are evil.
edit on 7-7-2011 by guessing because: spelling correction

That I can back, and it is not just food companies.

I wish they would put all the scientific words that are 25 letters and 3 hyphens long into plain layman's terms

edit on 7/7/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

You do realize that you are still eating cellulose, even with organic and raw foods, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Of course, but we both know that processed foods are guilty of far worse things than cellulose.

-Lightrule

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I wish they would put all the scientific words that are 25 letters and 3 hyphens long into plain layman's terms

I think in layman's terms it is called

Cancer Producing Extras or

Additives that will reduce your quality of life or

Actually this product is not what it seem's - Consume at own risk

edit on 7-7-2011 by guessing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I always loved this one: partially defatted beef fatted tissue.

I used to make labels for a food processing plant.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I do not think eating wood is a problem
I think being lied to and mislead or not been told exactly what we eat is the real issue.

Adding wood to food may actually be a good thing as real food becomes scarce. Advertisers just need to tell us the % of wood in the product.
Who said we were being misled? Did you read the article?

My labels show cellulose and sometimes dietary fiber, and in some cases they are replacing fat with dietary fiber, which is probably better for us because it's less likely to cause heart attacks and strokes than all that fat. Some fiber is good for your digestive system.

I went through the products it's used in, and some didn't surprise me like bread-like products such as waffles and pancakes, batter for fried fish, etc, I'd expect to find it there.

But some places I didn't expect to find it were:
-pancake syrup
-whipped frosting for cakes
-hot chocolate mix

It doesn't bother me, I'd rather have fiber than fat in my diet anyway. Fat's not good for you. I just checked the label on my pancake syrup, sure enough, cellulose gum is on the ingredient list. It doesn't look much like wood though, tastes pretty good too.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes, I read the article.

The average consumer has not got a clue what the ingredients in food are.

I know it is the consumers responsiblity but I consider to be misleading

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Good thread OP. Here's some info on words that end in OSE that are embedded into the food supply amongst other soylent ingredients.

"The FDA lists approximately 2,800 international food additives and about 3,000 chemicals, which are deliberately added to our food supply."

We Consume Between 10,000 and 15,000 Chemicals a Day

In case you were wondering just how many of these little chemicals were sneaking into your mouth each year, current statistics say that the FDA lists approximately 2800 international food additives and about 3,000 chemicals, which are deliberately added toFood Chemicals our food supply. When considering the number of chemicals used in the process of growing and processing food, by the food to the time it reaches our stomach we have consumed between 10,000 and 15,000 chemicals a day! (1)

Sugar is bad for you when it is processed and refined. Basically, anything ending in “ose” on an ingredient label — including sucrose, fructose, and glucose (as well as their cousin, corn syrup) — has had its natural goodness removed, leaving a product that severely inhibits the immune system and compromises the body in many ways.

While some of you may be thinking, "I don't eat that many food additives," I have news for you. The FDA doesn't require food additives considered to be Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS) to be put on an ingredients label. Instead, all that is required are the words "artificial flavor" or "artificial coloring" or "natural". The fact is, the average American eats approximately his/her body weight in food additives each year, or approximately 150 pounds; this statistic is roughly the same for most English speaking countries.

True fact: A common ingredient in commercial breads is derived from human hair harvested in China

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
People have been misled to believe that Fat is bad for you and Fibre is good. In fact, Human beings Need Fat to Lose Fat and Metabolize properly. The lack of Good Fats is why 55% of America is overweight and 1 in 4 People are Obese. You might like to check out 'The Warrior Diet' Website. This guy knows what he's talking about.
http//www.warriordiet.com

This Video is really eye opening!

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I do not think eating wood is a problem
I think being lied to and mislead or not been told exactly what we eat is the real issue.

Adding wood to food may actually be a good thing as real food becomes scarce. Advertisers just need to tell us the % of wood in the product.
Who said we were being misled? Did you read the article?

My labels show cellulose and sometimes dietary fiber, and in some cases they are replacing fat with dietary fiber, which is probably better for us because it's less likely to cause heart attacks and strokes than all that fat. Some fiber is good for your digestive system.

I went through the products it's used in, and some didn't surprise me like bread-like products such as waffles and pancakes, batter for fried fish, etc, I'd expect to find it there.

But some places I didn't expect to find it were:
-pancake syrup
-whipped frosting for cakes
-hot chocolate mix

It doesn't bother me, I'd rather have fiber than fat in my diet anyway. Fat's not good for you. I just checked the label on my pancake syrup, sure enough, cellulose gum is on the ingredient list. It doesn't look much like wood though, tastes pretty good too.

edit on 7-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I read somewhere that as we eat so much preservatives in our food these days, bodies are being exhumed that are in the same state as when buried, pity the preservatives don't actually prolong life!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
What a load of sensationalist trash. Who the hell writes this uninformed drivel?! A prime example of a fear mongering media outlet. Cellulose is wood? Since wood is 40-50% cellulose it would almost be more fair to say wood is cellulose. It is the most common organic compound on earth. It isn't wood, it is extracted from wood pulp (seeing as that is the most efficient source). There is a huge difference between something being something and it being extracted from something.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Reply to post by kundalini

Reminds me of a thread on ATS that claimed that margarine was actually plastic, because the makeup of margarine is 1 molecule off of plastic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

So that's why my stomach sometimes reacts like I just swallowed a batch of toothpicks.I guess without all
the processing there would not be enough organic food to go around. Please pass the chips and green dip.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Thing is... We don't gain any nutritive value from cellulose. Yes, it is in celery - and every bit of cellulose in that celery is expelled from your body in 8-12 hours. Our bodies can't break it down into simpler substances. In fact that's the case for most animals; the exceptions always have gut flora that CAN digest cellulose, and then themselves get digested (that's how termites work)

When cellulose is added to food, it might as well be styrofoam or compressed air or something; it's bulk. Harmless bulk, but still not anything useful as far as "food" is concerned.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

True fact: A common ingredient in commercial breads is derived from human hair harvested in China

Gross!
Just gross!

That is the whole point about eating natural vs processed foods. They put anything they can get away with into processed products that helps the bottom line. They don't put it in there to improve the nutrition, just the profit margin. They will put stuff in to make processed food look pretty and feel nice before they will for nutrition.

Eating whole, natural, organic foods will provide you all the fibre, proteins, vitamins and minerals our bodies need. It worked for the million or so years we have been evolving; so why now do we need all of this processing? The fact is we don't.

We won't survive if we continue to eat this artificial stuff they pass off as food. Is it any wonder that cancer and obesity are so rampant?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join