It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold - A possible cancer treatment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

The team of researchers, led by Physics lecturer Dr Antonios Kanaras, showed that a small dose of gold nanoparticles can activate or inhibit genes that are involved in angiogenesis -- a complex process responsible for the supply of oxygen and nutrients to most types of cancer.

"The peptide-functionalised gold nanoparticles that we synthesised are very effective in the deliberate activation or inhibition of angiogenic genes," said Dr Kanaras.

Plus, gold has a dual purpose in this research.

"We have found that gold nanoparticles can have a dual role in cellular manipulation. Applying laser irradiation, we can use the nanoparticles either to destroy endothelial cells, as a measure to cut the blood supply to tumours, or to deliberately open up the cellular membrane in order to deliver a drug efficiently," said Dr Kanaras.

The article says they are about half-way done with their research. Only half-way and they have already discovered this! Cant wait to see what they find out at the end of their research, which is about 5-10 more years (as long as they have the funding).

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Gold has been used throughout history for everything from ailments to longevity. In the recent past a man by the name of David Hudson found and patented a process by which he created nano particles of the higher metals such as gold, iridium, platinum. He found these particles to have amazing properties that he believed made people grow younger and remove disease from the body, along with an increase in spiritual realization. He coined the name Ormus,"Orbitally Rearranged Monoatomic Elements," also known as white powder gold. This process can be done by anyone for a few dollars and bit of patience.

I won't go into detail but here are some links:
read about David Hudson, Barry Carter, the Ormus making and experiences.
www.subtleenergies.com...

A page on actual nano gold particle tinctures
whitepowdergold.com...

Another process using a vortex trap to obtain Ormus nano particles
www.cherokeegold.net...

I though this might relate to the OP's article

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I dont know how true this is but I heard a few years ago that steel also has an 'activation' ability when it touches cancer cells. Like it gets much worse when you go for surgery or something. Thats why I thought that if I ever get cancer I'd insist that they use gold plated surgical tools, no steal. Whether it would make any difference I dont know...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

join