It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bubonic Plague outbreak in boulder Co.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My dad just called me from Longmont Co. and said something about this, said he has seen it in the news 3 time today. quick search on google turned up

boulder county probes posable...

bubonic plague hits boulder

thats just a few things they had on there.

if really true what does this mean for the mid west?

and i searched ats and didnt find any thing about Boulder Co. Plague out break

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

I lived in Colorado 3 years ago, and remember hearing about a bubonic plague outbreak in Boulder while I was there. Something about a Gunnison Black Prarie Dog someone decided to keep as a pet. This is probably a rehash of that old story.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

It doesn't mean much. There were about a dozen cases last year. With modern medicine, better health, cleaner water, better sanitation, and access to emergency rooms all over, the bubonic plague isn't much worse than any common flu these days.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What the hell ? Try Fukushima Radiation, not the Bubonic plague.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You mean this:

Man in New Mexico diagnosed with bubonic plague; first case of 'Black Death' in 2011

BY PHILIP CAULFIELD
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Sunday, May 08, 2011

articles.nydailynews.com...

Or is it on going?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Not seeing anything here:

outbreaks.globalincidentmap.com...#

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Now that we have this stuff called antibiotics it is a non issue. The guy was treated and released, even the CAT lived.

However, if TSHTF for real, and people are without clean running water and stocks of antibiotics, and everyone is on a looting rampage and rioting for food etc, and THEN you get a plague outbreak........
edit on 6-7-2011 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Plague is endemic to the Southwest,so is an Ebola cousin hemorogic fever called Hanta...the resevoir is unknown but believed to be a type of rodent....nothing new here....I have Yellow Fever,Malaria,Cholera and Typhoid endemic to my area of the Southeast.
An easy way to find out if something is living in your area is to call the Local Helath Dept and see what sort of vaccinations they offer....anywhere in the Southwest you can get a Plague booster for a few bucks....and tetracycline cures the thing in a week
edit on 7/6/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
One or a few prairie dogs in the Boulder County area has been found with bubonic plague over the years. I've lived in the Boulder area for many years and am so tired of reading about them. All I can say is that they should be called what they really are - field rats. They're rodents and should be exterminated, not relocated at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars. They've completely destroyed peoples' properties and are 'protected'. It is a crime to kill one on your own property. Boulder has no problem killing mountain lions and bears when they try to reclaim their area in the foothills and neighborhoods next to them but these rodents are allowed to roam free and spread disease all over the place. If left unchecked, field rats can multiply into the millions within just a few years. There are kids in Boulder with no homes, no parents and no food and the city caters to these dang rats like they were gold. Killing is a last resort but they've destroyed playgrounds which are now declared prairie dog reserves. All the money spent could really be used in better ways. The twisted priorities of the Boulder City Council to placate these bleeding heart rodent lovers is robbing people of their own dang land and truly risking an outbreak of the plague. They're everywhere. Ya got me started.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

no, the news in longmont co said something about it in boulder

well either way i will be going out there in a few weeks for other reasons but, while im out there will see if what i was told is true.

edit on 6-7-2011 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
poison corn put out at night will help a lot....the little buggers die and no one knows who did it

top topics

join