It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest BOO HOO moments on film....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Titanic.

During that scene were the one dude got killed in the sea and the chick was floating away leaving him behind. Well I was home watching it and just happening to peal a bunch of onions at the time and so it made me cry.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
It's not a movie, but...

The Futurama episode with Fry's dog Seymore.

I didn't cry, but I came really close.

Ya same here that episode came close to making my eyes leak water as well. It was a really touching episode. Poor dog.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The Green Mile did it for me, my wife and daughters. At the end when Paul Edgecomb (Tom Hanks) has to execute John Coffey (Michael Clarke Duncan) even though he's innocent, but Coffee is ok with it because he is "rightly tired of the pain"...

Also, again Tom Hanks, in Saving Private Ryan, to Private Ryan (Matt Damon)..."James...earn this. Earn it." And then, the speech at his grave at the end of the movie, you get the feeling that those words have haunted him all of his life and he desperately wants to know that he did live a good life and "earn it".

Oh - and how about that kid who stepped in front of the gun in Crash? He didn't die or get hit, but you are already sobbing before you realize he's OK.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

My Girl, when he dies and she comes down to his funeral service. OMG when she asks for his glasses, gets me everytime.

My Girl was just a cruel, cruel ending... I mean, really? One of the saddest movies ever made.... Bridge to Terribithia had a similar, cruel ending... I mean...yikes!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yeah....Titanic
also "Ghost" and "Philedelphia"
but....yeah "Titanic"...as the old lady is dying.....and she is back on the ship, where Jack is there on the stairs waiting for her....ohhhhhh....noooooooo........ now I''m getting misty just thinking of it.I even cry when I hear the song.

edit on 8/8/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
At the end of 'A time to kill' when Matthew McChonahay (or however you spell his name) is describing in graphic detail the rape of the little girl then says "now imagine she's white" and the jury breaks down, well so do I. It gets me every time I see it and I am not even a fan of Matthew McChonahay

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'm a big movie watcher and have NEVER cried at a movie until I saw this one:

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
www.imdb.com...

My partner still teases me about it to this day.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Finding Neverland: When she's too ill to go see the play so he brings theplay to her at home. I OWN this DVD and bawl every time. I just can't handle it when her mother claps at "Do you believe in faeries?? If you believe clap your hands!!" ....then she goes into the backyard.......I'm tearing up just thinking about it! And then those sadistic bastards get me again when her son loses it on the bench with Johnny Depp. O....M....G.

ok, I have to go now. Need a tissue and I have avoided my own copy of this movie for about a year now. But now that I've thougth about it I'm all choked up and my husband is going tothink I'm drunk cuz I've had a couple glassesof wine. When I recover I'll think about the other boo hoo moviesand share them here. I soooo love movies.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Well....I need to check this one out....your description made me cry!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I AM SAM.

Whole movie was sad. Only could watch it once.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Several movies have made me cry, the few that immediately came to mind have already been mentioned:

The Notebook
Old Yeller
Titanic
Bambi

Oh, and Backdraft.
Funny story, I saw the movie and was a total sap. Then I was at my parents for dinner one night and they had it as a rental, so watched it again and both my mom and I were saps but my dad (who was a firefighter) kept making comments about how unrealistic and ridiculous it was... Lol.

edit on 25-8-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
I never cried at a movie...

Serious... am I weird?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Titanic.

During that scene were the one dude got killed in the sea and the chick was floating away leaving him behind. Well I was home watching it and just happening to peal a bunch of onions at the time and so it made me cry.

you are such a cheater!!! Peeling onions while watching Titanic??? You cried dude.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Well....I need to check this one out....your description made me cry!

You won't be disappointed
Have the hankies handy!!! You've been warned!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

OK......this is weird, but I cried during Edward Scissorhands!
He was so misunderstood and could never hug the one he loved because he had scissors for hands, Yep.......I have issues

edit on 8/25/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Some films that choked me up are

Hotel Rwanda
Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Little Miss Sunshine
One flew over the cuckoos nest
The Pianist
Shooting Dogs
Magnolia
Elephant Man
Mask (I cried as a kid at this)

There are several that I can't remember...

And some other random one's that I wont mention

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yeah....Titanic also "Ghost" and "Philedelphia"
but....yeah "Titanic"...as the old lady is dying.....and she is back on the ship, where Jack is there on the stairs waiting for her....ohhhhhh....noooooooo........ now I''m getting misty just thinking of it.I even cry when I hear the song

You raise a good point...without the song, the moment wouldn't have been near as moving. That crescendo that happens right when she sees him really hammers the emotional point into you....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
E.T.!

When they find E.T. near death on the banks of the water way and rocks omg I cry. I still cry. ET is one of my favorite movies.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Mask (I cried as a kid at this)

Me too! I loved this movie. It use to be on all the time. I have seen it a few times over the years on Lifetime lol

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Titanic.

you are such a cheater!!! Peeling onions while watching Titanic??? You cried dude.

What can I say, I do have a romantic and sensitive side somewhere deep down inside, it probably is somewhere around the middle region of my body, like in my stomach area. But hey, they do say that way to get into a mans heart is trough his stomach...I guess, whatever that is supposed to mean.

But mostly I love me some fried onions with pretty much any fried food while watching movies. But technically I was not crying, my eyes were just a little leaky and had some sort of malfunction for a minute or two. But there all better now, no leakage what so ever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join