It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Punching handcuffed man in the face who has to pee!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Thats just it.. It doesnt matter what the guy did. Absent the handcuffed guy having a gun, there is absoutely nothing that can justify the actions of the officer.

In other threads I have posted all the laws and justifications. I cant do that in this thread because there are NONE that justify the officers actions - at all.

I saw the cop went to jail over the incident - Good

As I said, there is absolutely no law, state or federal, nor ANY department policy that would justify that action.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From the video,they guy didnt stop kicking on the window until he was corected....sometimes it takes a little extra to get some peoples attention...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
'stop kicking the window' thats pretty easy to understand right?
also,he shoulda went to the toilet before he broke the law.

Nothing in that video warranted the handcuffed man getting punched in the face 7 times, having the back of his head shoved against the grating behind him, and having his leg kicked before the officer shut the door.

I don't condone his annoying behavior, but it was like a kid who had to use the bathroom. Would you say that a kid deserved to be treated like a punching bag because he or she was acting annoying?

The cop displayed an overly emotional reaction to a handcuffed man's annoying behavior. Officers of the law who display that kind of overuse of force and lack of emotional control are not fit to serve as law enforcement officials. The cop's behavior was worse than the handcuffed man's annoying behavior.
edit on 7-7-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
From the video,they guy didnt stop kicking on the window until he was corected....sometimes it takes a little extra to get some peoples attention...

I suppose that you'd probably be okay if it was a pretty woman getting her face punched in too.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Sarcasm...c'mon people...lighten up....look past the obvious to see if,just maybe,somebody agrees with you and is using tounge-in-cheek to reply

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Sarcasm...c'mon people...lighten up....look past the obvious to see if,just maybe,somebody agrees with you and is using tounge-in-cheek to reply

Internet sarcasm is very difficult to detect, especially when your post seemed genuine. Your post was basically a reiterated interpretation of what occurred in the video that you used to reinforce the notion that some prisoners need a little bit more force applied to them to get them to stop acting up. Which sometimes I actually do agree with, just not in this specific situation. I really didn't even see any attempt at sarcasm in your post, but I'll take your word for it.
edit on 7-7-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Extreme T&C Violation

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I agree that it is pretty screwed up for the cop to punch the dude in the face like that. However, there was nothing polite about the way he asked to go pee. Not to mention the fact that a cop would never cuff someone, put them in the cruiser, and let them get out because they have to go to the bathroom. That is just not the way it works. The guy was being an annoying douche. I mean I hate cops as much as the next guy, but the man who got punched was obviously pushing the cop's buttons on purpose. Rule #1 when dealing with police is do not piss them off.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I gotta say that for one, nobody watching the video knows for sure that he's even done anything wrong, just b/c hes in cuffs really doesn't mean squat. Cops put ppl in cuffs all the time for safety measures. for all we know, he coulda been let go right after the video was over for a lack of crime. so all you ppl saying its ok cuz hes a criminal or that he shoulda pissed before he broke the law need to realize that he might not of even done anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
He wasn't being a mean drunk. If you gotta go you gotta go. I don't know how anyone can defend the officer in this situation.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I've been in a cop car many times and they will put you there for anything there was no proof that this many had done anything, they can hold u for nothing they abuse people often, i as in a car once cuz my friend got pulled over and had a warrant so i got put in the back seat too if i had to piss and got punched several times for it I think I'd had a way worse reaction then that guy, Right or Wrong he had not been charged with anything that the same as them just beating you for no reason, police think just cuz they tell u something it's the law... well it;'s not,

on a 2nd note i'd just pissed all over that car to make a point and if they tried to charge me for that well that's America, probally get obstructing justice or assualt

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I wonder how interested mr moustache would be about punching a guy in the face who isn't totally helpless and drunk to boot.

Also the comments which are supporting this cop breaking the law fill me with sadness. There is a procedure for cops to follow in all situations, this guy failed to follow procedure, he should not be applauded. When cops like this go around making up the rules, this is called the police state.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

I was a cop. Did ERT, K9, was a field training officer and an instructor for the State.

That video got me nauseous. Suspect had to pee- you LET HIM PEE. He wasn't "kicking" the window- he was tapping it. Nothing wrong with telling the guy "hang on- I'll let you pee in a few minutes" which would have settled the suspect and allowed the officer to do what he needed to do first.

What I saw in this video though..... no excuse. None. Period. Full stop.

Good to see the officer got time for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Thanks for adding a whole lot to the conversation.

Maybe next time just ignore the thread and move on?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Lucky for the guy the cop punches like a girl. I'd be embarassed if the AP showed me punching like that across the nation. Holy crap that was for a lack of a better word "gay".

I swear most of these cops are the biggest pussies when they don't have their gun, badge and their buddies backing them up.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Here's the link to the court details and record of court events..
Milwaukee County Case Number 2009CF004737

Court Record Events

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by renegade1179

Nice find.

I'm not well versed with legal papers thankfully. And I can't see anywhere on those forms or details whether the cop had to pay out damages or not, it appears only to list court fees. Can anyone spot that?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
My belief is that 90% (notice not 100%) are unskilled and undereducated human beings who possess no talents or specialties that make them of value outside of menial and dead-end jobs like the police force.

The same has been said here about the military.

I've spent the better part of a decade in active combat and I treat POW's and detained "terrorists" with more respect and compassion. Clarification, I did before I discharged.

There are just as many instances of prisoner abuse in OIF/OEF than there are bad cop videos.

Cops want more respect, SHOW a little more respect first. Your job is not THAT dangerous or THAT hard to begin with.

Again there are those who say the same about the military here.

Painting with a broad brush is never a good idea brother as some of the paint you're slapping on gets splattered back on you. FWIW I'm with you on the treatment of insurgents- spent 6 years in the sandbox with the Dept of Defense asking them questions once you guys brought them in (occasionally in the field as well).

I am just pointing out that because there's some videos out does not mean the majority of police officers act like those seen just as because there are some videos out in regards to POW/detainee abuse does not mean the majority of service members act like those seen.

edit on 8-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by furzball
Personally I'd go into that cops house at night, handcuff him, and start beating him in the face. Very frickin simple

When you personally do that, can you please videotape it and post it on YouTube so we call all watch it?

Seriously, for all of your tough talk I highly doubt you would ever do such a silly thing, so why come on the Internet and talk about it like that? None of us here (with a brain) are impressed by that kind of attitude anyway.

Do the math: cop punches perp in face in his own car as his own camera records the whole thing. cop gets charged.

No one needed to lift a finger in this case (not even you Internet tough guys). The cop hung himself.

It's all good.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The Former Offices name is Scott Krause he was a Milwaukee County sheriff's sergeant. He was fired and sentenced to 18 months in prison. The man served two combat tours in the U.S. Army and had a break down. Although there are a lot of bad cops out there this guy simply had a bad day. He admitted he was wrong and didn't try to fight the charges. Did you ever do something you wish you could take back? I know I have.

Here is a related article regarding the resolution to the case: www.jsonline.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join