It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average Age of *AWAKE* ATSers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
19!

Just joined recently. Trying to get the post count up gradually

link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

there's really only one kind of awake.
2nd line.

link   
21, been awake since around the age of 10-12

link   
jim marrs' book "the terror conspiracy" and "above top secret" (go figure) are what brought me here last year.

woke me up real quick. i was 27 when i snapped out of it and will be 29 this year

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM

Ahhhhem . . .

I'm 63. I've been awake since at least 1965.

Actually, when JFK "won" the Whitehouse, I realized an oligarchy was in control.

Then, in my 1965-1969 job as acting Dir of the Univ library's Special Collections Dept including the Normal Allderdice collection . . . I saw more proof than I ever wanted to see.

In my experience, BABY BOOMERS are much more likely to be awake if they are conservative, have been in the military and are well read on history.

Many folks boomers' parents' ages who have gone through the Depression and were convinced that was planned are awake.

Folks who are addicted to their 'normalcy bias'

or their 'comfort zones'

. . . who are used to 'tunnel vision' and buying into whatever the MSM or leaders are saying--are less likely to be awake.

Pentecostal Christians are more likely to be awake. Many 7th Day Adventists are awake. Probably 51% or more Southern Baptists are awake.

But I'd love to see statistics on such. I wonder if Barna has some. He should have.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM
I only say that coz of my experience
Its SO hard waking up the older folks but young people listen and spread the word once theyve come round to your way of thinking so im guessing most of us awake are the young'uns?

Maybe that's due to the way you are 'explaining' things to them?
Maybe it's because the older folks have lived longer?
Maybe it's because the older folks have more experience of life and more education in life?

Maybe the young'uns are more gullible?
Maybe the old'uns are too busy trying to pay bills, making sure their kids have all the latest material possessions they want?

I usually find people will listen, if you respect them. Treat them like a human being, don't talk down to them as if they are some sort of 'sheep'.

You're not as awake as you think you are.

st.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
19, and was a lurker for about a year before I signed up here.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ill be 26 in Oct, making it a full year since "awakening"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD
i'm 27...and wide awake.

known i was different since i was a little boy. mama and grandpa knew it when i was in the womb. i had visions of a big green being dreaming when i was just a little boy. i'd say my eye got pried open permanently about 3 years ago.

while you are correct that the majority of this awakening is comprised of younguns...man...the 60's and 70's was the alarm clock! woke a lot of (now) older heads up.

i think the psychedelic movement was the catalyst for the awakening..as though it was the perfect timing...

So do you think the recent flood of grey market research chemicals will have the same effect? Is there such thing as chemical salvation or does it all just fade once the effects are gone. Look at the 60s it lost steam and fell apart.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'll be 24 in august. I've been awake since the day of 9/11. I was in 8th grade, I remember the lunch conversation between my buddies and I was all about how the events would be spun for government gain as well as those in power. We knew the truth before we even realized it. One of the topics at lunch was.......

How did they fall like that. It didn't make sense to us. Then the conspiracy conversations began.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

i'm 27...and wide awake.

known i was different since i was a little boy. mama and grandpa knew it when i was in the womb. i had visions of a big green being dreaming when i was just a little boy. i'd say my eye got pried open permanently about 3 years ago.

while you are correct that the majority of this awakening is comprised of younguns...man...the 60's and 70's was the alarm clock! woke a lot of (now) older heads up.

i think the psychedelic movement was the catalyst for the awakening..as though it was the perfect timing...

So do you think the recent flood of grey market research chemicals will have the same effect? Is there such thing as chemical salvation or does it all just fade once the effects are gone. Look at the 60s it lost steam and fell apart.

I disagree, it didn't "fall" apart, it was torn apart by the drug war movement and the crackdown on free thought by educational regulation.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
22 in August.

Awake how? Spiritually? Knowledgeably? Aware of truth behind the veil of lies?

I am awake in all these aspects imo.

Same here, and I'm 22 in January

Don't suppose you live anywhere near North East UK ?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
I'll be 24 in august. I've been awake since the day of 9/11. I was in 8th grade, I remember the lunch conversation between my buddies and I was all about how the events would be spun for government gain as well as those in power. We knew the truth before we even realized it. One of the topics at lunch was.......

How did they fall like that. It didn't make sense to us. Then the conspiracy conversations began.

Same here, we were talking in class about "how dumb is it that they think steel buildings melt from fire" the only 3 steel buildings to ever collapse due to fire, in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD , and only 2 was reported in the 9/11 commission report

Like you said, we knew the truth before we even realized it.

And even when realizing it, we shrugged it off to the point where we could not ignore.

I ignored it till the 7/7 attacks in London, and thats when the rabbit hole went DEEP.

But there is light at the end of the spiritual tunnel! These terrorists can't take your soul

edit on 6-7-2011 by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

22 in August.

South East US

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

2nd line.

Awake in this sense just means you are aware of truth.

link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz

i'm 27...and wide awake.

I disagree, it didn't "fall" apart, it was torn apart by the drug war movement and the crackdown on free thought by educational regulation.

I missed the 60s. I have always wondered what killed the momentum. It is hard to tell as the winners get to write history.

link   

22 in August.

South East US

Yikes thats some distance, I send ya my thoughts over the pond bro!

We can change this world, one mind at a time

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

2nd line.

Awake in this sense just means you are aware of truth.

Yep, there are many truths though

Political (its a dog and pony show, rich elite using army/police as slaves to disiciple the rest and they use terrorism as their excuse for their 21st century police state technology)

Spiritual (we are all one, energy doesnt die, we are all SEPERATE EXPERIENCES OF THE SAME ONE CONSCIOUNESS)

Metapsychical (the smallest thing in the world, an atom, is not solid like we once thought... in fact, it is hollow!)

To name just a few

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

there are a couple RCs that have a bit of spirit to them. there are others that weren't around back then that are actually way more intense and cleansing and eye opening that aren't RCs. it doesn't matter if it's chemical induced or natural...if it's real...it'll last.

also...the momentum isn't dead...it's just very quiet. TPTB aren't quite as fond (more like allowing) of psychedelics as they were then. nowadays...you'd be better off getting caught smuggling guns for the mexican mafia than get caught with a ten-strip. so the younguns just keep it a bit more quiet these days...but the psychedelic users these days are split more than they were back then, too. a lot of the young psychedelic users are just using to get off. many are still using the psychedelic path as a right of passage and a tool to awaken the spirit but there are more who just abuse them than there were back then.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

I only say that coz of my experience
Its SO hard waking up the older folks but young people listen and spread the word once theyve come round to your way of thinking so im guessing most of us awake are the young'uns?

Maybe that's due to the way you are 'explaining' things to them?
Maybe it's because the older folks have lived longer?
Maybe it's because the older folks have more experience of life and more education in life?

Maybe the young'uns are more gullible?
Maybe the old'uns are too busy trying to pay bills, making sure their kids have all the latest material possessions they want?

I usually find people will listen, if you respect them. Treat them like a human being, don't talk down to them as if they are some sort of 'sheep'.

You're not as awake as you think you are.

st.

I understand what you are saying, totally
But sometimes even in the face of truth, people will make silly excuses as to why it's "hard to believe"
Well there are many "hard to believe" facts in this world.
The issue is whether it's true/false
But no , I know I'm not 100% awake and if you can point me in the right direction I'd be happy to hear
And i do respect them, they are my parents but still 4 years on, their source of "Credibility" lies with the MSM and everything I've shown them is banded as "conspiracy theories"

Some people just dont have a clue, fine, you can laugh at them
But when its your own parents its different
i.e. parents keep eating GM, see no alarm
keep drinking flouride, see no alarm
flu vaccines, see no alarm

edit on 6-7-2011 by northEASTukPIMPStheSYSTEM because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join