It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Najaf: Treason Warning For UK Supporters of Moqtada al-Sadr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The UK Home Office is warning that any UK citizens caught fighting for Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr could face treason charges in the UK.
This warning comes after it became known that UK citizens had illegally entered Iraq and were receiving weapons training with the insurgents fighting US Marines in Najaf.

www.guardian.co.uk
Britons who take up arms for rebel cleric face life imprisonment, government warns

Owen Bowcott
Thursday August 12, 2004
The Guardian

Britons who travel to Iraq to fight on behalf of rebel Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr could face life imprisonment for treason if arrested, the Home Office warned yesterday.
The threat of legal action follows the revelation in The Guardian yesterday that at least two young men from London are among insurgents battling American troops near the centre of the holy city of Najaf. Both declined to be identified.

Among the main Iraqi Shia communities in Britain - mostly in north-west London - there was surprise yesterday that anyone would want to join Mr Sadr and condemnation of those they described as misguided and "not well-educated".

The Home Office response was unambiguous.

"We find it wholly unacceptable that British citizens or those who want ... permanent residence should be trying to take up arms against British soldiers or their allies," a spokesman said.

"People who do these things should be aware they are laying themselves open to prosecution and criminal sanctions. There's also a danger that this could inspire hatred against British Muslims. ... The great majority of whom will want no part in this at all.

"It could be treason if anyone joins the enemies of this country or their allies. The maximum sentence is life and there are other offences under terrorism legislation they may face."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems the Home Office are issuing this warning in an attempt to prevent a surge of UK supporters of Moqtada al-Sadr illegally entering Iraq.
If the warning is unheeded, the situation could arise where UK citizens become involved in armed conflict with UK Armed Forces.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by zero lift]

[edit on 12-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It most be self evident that the British Government is aware of its Muslim population as being anti British. The vermin from the Middle East have moved into Great Britian not to assimilate into the British culture but to have the British assimilate into theres. Have anyone been seeing whats happening to Canada?
Germany and France have a similar problem with the influx of Muslims. The Muslim communities throughout the U.S. even though silent are also subverting our way of life through the ACLU.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
It most be self evident that the British Government is aware of its Muslim population as being anti British.

The British Muslim population isn't anti-British, just a small minority of fundamentalist and/or disaffected ones, and those who travel to fight the Jihad are probably a small minority of them. Muslims in the west tend to become more westernised, particularly over a generation or two.

I do agree with the article though that those actually choose to fight the UK or it's allies should indeed be tried for treason should they ever return.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I totally disagree that this problem with the Muslim population is only a small percentage of the whole. They left there native lands to pursue opportunities that only western socities could provide. At the same time they carried the past with them and through the wests pollitical systems of democracy they scream for change. Not with the interests of the Nations they flocked to.
We in the U.S. have a similar problem with illegal immigrations of Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The Muslim communities throughout the U.S. even though silent are also subverting our way of life through the ACLU.

LOL. What exactly is "our way of life"? Does it include the right to an attorney? The right to know what charges are brought against you when imprisoned? The right to practice your own religion? The right of free association?

Whose way of life are you talking about here?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You asked what exactly is our "way of Life". This life practise is based upon Jedua/Christian beliefs. Our Constitution is based upon these principles and we as citizens of this country adhere to these principles.
I'm a christian but don't wear my religion upon my sleeve as so many Muslims do.
All you have do to is take a quick look around the world and count the number of wars that are transpiring. Almost 100% of all major conflicts throughout this planet are being purpertrated by Muslims in the name of there religion.
Find one conflict christanity is involved in and don't use Iraq as an example.
The Muslim community have called our interdiction in this country a christian crusade. We came to topple a regime we considered our enemy and an enemy of many Muslim sects.
Without oil and the wealth it has produced for a small portion of the Muslim population your attempts for world domination would never have transpired.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You asked what exactly is our "way of Life". This life practise is based upon Jedua/Christian beliefs. Our Constitution is based upon these principles and we as citizens of this country adhere to these principles.
I'm a christian but don't wear my religion upon my sleeve as so many Muslims do.
All you have do to is take a quick look around the world and count the number of wars that are transpiring. Almost 100% of all major conflicts throughout this planet are being purpertrated by Muslims in the name of there religion.
Find one conflict christanity is involved in and don't use Iraq as an example.
The Muslim community have called our interdiction in this country a christian crusade. We came to topple a regime we considered our enemy and an enemy of many Muslim sects.

Well, North Ireland and Lebanese Phalangists come to mind, although I admit Muslims seem to be involved in a lot of conflicts. I think this is due more to the fact that certain Islamic "authorties" (eg, militant Imams and the like) are trying to unite all the various territorial conflicts and terrorist actions under the name of Islam. Remember, virtually all of "our" wars before the 1800's took place under the guise of Christianity when in fact they were not religious so much as wars about land and power.

America may be based on Judeo-Christian principles but the same Constitution you mention also provides for a seperation of church and state, and muslims have as much a right to be here as the rest of us. Most muslims want nothing to do with the conflicts and terrorism occuring and just want to pursue the american dream like the rest of us. I suppose we disagree on this, but I don't see what I can do to convince you.

The tearing down of our way of life isn't occuring because of muslims. It's coming from our own government and media. Muslims didn't infringe on our Constitutional rights such as those I mention in my last post, the Bush administration did, cheerled by the media.

Without oil and the wealth it has produced for a small portion of the Muslim population your attempts for world domination would never have transpired.

My attempts at world domination have proved mostly failures, sadly. I'm not muslim, though, I'm christian (although not a practicing one.)

-koji K.

top topics

join