It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

So you guys are basing this argument on the data of a simulator - there is no chance it could be wrong or off by a couple of hours?

It happened at almost 8pm (UTC) 6/7/11 and what - it was supposed to happen sometime after midnight?

Well 4-5 hours difference isnt that much, especially when trying calculate the gravity effects/distortion or the many other variables that would have an effect on Earth.

Just because it's JPL, doesnt mean they always get it 100% spot on.

link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
reply to post by nusnus

There have been several people in the ATS and underground who have gone on record. Google "elenin 7/7/2011" and see what you find.

This ATS thread covers a lot of it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Of course, NASA hasn't admitted anything...and won't.

Next, look for another event in the next 36 hours, which, I expect to be in North America.

I posted this in another thread/forum yesterday:

I like to continually ask David Morrison, the "Ask an Astrobiologist" guy why pretty much every question he receives is answered with "It's a hoax". He rarely answers me.

The other day I sent him the following:

Dear Mr. Morrisson:

With regard to a question you answered on March 1, 2011 about Comet Elenin you stated the following in your answer: "One of the worst examples is a video that someone posted on the NASAbuzzroom website that claims that the magnetic field of the comet will cause a large shift in the rotation axis of the Earth and produce mega-earthquakes on March 15, 2011. It is hard to imagine anyone would take this seriously."

So... is it simply coincidence that the Japan earthquake, one of the largest earthquakes in Earths history struck on March 15, 2011 and was so powerful that it did in fact cause a shift that did in turn actually cause our days to be shorter by about a half a second?

Okay, so maybe it was just coincidence but hey I at least think my question to Mr. Morrisson was legitamate and warrented an answer, no? Anyway... I just thought it was an interesting contradiction.

Plus I love catching these guys off-guard!

link   
Its weird that people think that earthquakes can only happen if HAARP, some comets or something interferes with earth.

I can debunk Elenin, if its really comet, it doesn't have magnetic field and have only little gravity. Comets are made from ice, they are not mineral-rich. I don't see how icy body can cause gravitional effects.
There is no proof that aligment can cause earthquakes or gravitional storm, since gravity of planets is really really small compared to Sun, so they have zero effect. Even Jupiter is far from Sun's gravity.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Actually this did happen on 7/7/2011. It depends on what time zone you are located.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I just want to add something to what you were saying.

Now i don't always pay alot of attention to the whole Elenin issue, although i do know it is real. When i see threads pop up on ATS, i generally skip right past them but;

This year has been a very strange year for disasters and climate, the amount of disasters from Jan1st onwards has been huge and not only small disasters but some on very large scales. For anyone that hasnt caught up on all of them so far this year and many severe ones in Australia

EarthQuake Disasters

Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami
Christchurch earthquake x2
Yunnan earthquake
Burma earthquake
Pakistan earthquake
Spain earthquake
Melbourne (Korumburra) Quake/Tremor (unusual place and strength and not on a fault line)

Volcano Eruptions

Chile
Iceland
Mexico
Ethiopia
Sth America

Flood Disasters

2011 Queensland floods AU
2011 Victorian floods AU
Wollongong floods AU
Philippine floods
Southern Africa floods
Balochistan floods
Rio de Janeiro floods and mudslides
North American winter storm
China Floods
Mississipii floods

Cyclones/Tornadoes/Blizzards

Cyclone Yasi - Category 5 AU
Cyclone Vania
Cyclone Wilma
North American winter storm
January 8–13, 2011 North American blizzard
January 25-27, 2011 North American blizzard
Tornadoes of 2011
Brazil Rainstorms
Tornado Albany, New Zealand

List Courtesy

We even had an EarthQuake in Melbourne (my home city) and while some tremors do occur this was quite substantial and the first time my house have ever shaken, and i have lived here for 26 years. This happened 2 days ago.

Then we have had strange weather this year, during summer it was unusually cold and more like spring and this winter has been very cold and wet, many parts of Australia including Melbourne have been going through a major drought for the past 10-12 years but this year it has broken with excessive rainfall and even major flooding in my area (something i have never seen here).

I don't like to listen to all the junk and become overly paranoid but at the same time, something just hasnt been right this year and it doesnt seem to be getting any better. It's hard to say that a comet may impact climate but the weather has been strange.

edit on 7-7-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It's amusing when reasonable people are told to "Debunk away!" when there is absolutely nothing to "debunk". The request is made almost as if the act of daring to attempt a rational explanation is something only an idiot would do.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I agree, earthquakes can happen anytime, anyplace and for any reason. The problem I have is the fact that there is no straight information from mainstream media about the comet (not surprized) and if it's so close, why aren't there any legitamate photographs of it? I would think it would be very cool and exciting to get a glimpse of this comet and the media would be all over it... like when they tell you to make sure and catch the eclipse or the meteor shower... but there has been nothing.

Obviously the government is the very last place I'd turn too for information or the truth about anything anyway and searches on the comet bring you straight to the alternative news sites, wikipedia and NASA... all BS in my opinion. NASA's standard answer is that everything is a hoax.

Honestly, I could care less.... fly by us, crash into us, don't even exist, whatever! However, there are a few things I think about that just don't add up:

I have no proof but I swear I read somewhere recently a quote by NASA saying they "Could not guarantee that Comet Elenin would not impact the earth." I am thinking that relates to the letter with regard to notification of Federal Agencies and relevant emergency response about the dangers of and protocols for near earth objects.... it is dated October, 2010 and since Comet Elenin wasn't discovered until December, 2010 this letter gives both NASA and the White House plausible deniability. I don't even believe discovery of this comet was a surprize. Furthermore, I don't even believe it's a comet at all, I believe they are just calling it a comet as a cover. NASA dismisses everything, a little bit too much if you ask me. Furthermore, I think a lot of the recent headlines, Osamas death for example, are orchestrated ways to distract us. Or... maybe Elenin IS the distraction? Who knows...

It's fun to try and put it all together and what with the frequency and severity of our natural disasters lately....

I am not into debunking, I just think it's wicked interesting, just food for thought on the topic.

Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
It's amusing when reasonable people are told to "Debunk away!" when there is absolutely nothing to "debunk". The request is made almost as if the act of daring to attempt a rational explanation is something only an idiot would do.

Agreed, but what is not amusing in any sort of way, is the blatant censorship by moving/hiding it in skunks works...

There is nothing 'highly speculative' about ELEnin causing large magnitude quakes when aligning/passing between the planets of our inner solar system... it's measurable, undeniable and I would state it as a FACT that ELEnin is the planetary body that will bring about the start of the purification process that many of our brothers and sister of past and present tribes and civilisations of are world have predicted and prophised...

Hold tight folks and remember... There is nothing to fear, but fear itself...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Posted today, dunno if anyones read it and here is a quote taken from that website:

SOURCE

Distinguishing truth from lies Morrison offered some advice to those who are interested in astronomy or are worried about impending collisions. "If it [a story] is real, it is likely to be in regular news media, not just posted on some website," he told us. Furthermore, "not everyone who claims on YouTube to be a scientist or an employee of NASA is. But there is no simple way to distinguish truth from lies." The Nibiru conspiracies are so nonsensical that Morrison wonders whether even their purveyors believe them. Because many websites sell Nibiru books, tapes and even "survival kits," Morrison thinks they are purposely taking advantage of people who aren't able to distinguish credible sources from crackpot ones. "This is especially a problem for young people, which is why I am so angry at those who target children," he said.

This is sanctimonious drivel , which does not relate to this debate very much. "No simple way to distinguish truth from lies" : BS ! Anyone with half a brain doesnt listen to msm's massive lies either.
SOURCE

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I appreciate your concern and your research. Some people would see a black sky while you and most others see a blue sky. I have found that when talking about some subjects people in general are quick to mouth off because they are scared. If and when it happens.....I am sure no one will be laughing and mocking you or anyone else for that matter. Just think of how people reacted when Noah was building the ark.

Makes you wonder if Noah was waving and laughing at them when they were drowning.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Havick... yeah there has been a ton of strange weather.

Even in my part of the world where nothing ever happens except for the occassional nor'easter.

This year we have had two very small earthquakes and a sh*t load of tornadoes! Tornadoes? really? around here??? never!

I think it's all pretty exciting and I'm looking forward to the sh*t really hitting the fan... if it ever does.

Go ahead and call me crazy

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiTI would state it as a FACT that ELEnin is the planetary body that will bring about the start of the purification process that many of our brothers and sister of past and present tribes and civilisations of are world have predicted and prophised...

I think you need to go and look up what the capitalized word in your above quote means.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

Originally posted by Itop1
Posted today, dunno if anyones read it and here is a quote taken from that website:

SOURCE

Distinguishing truth from lies Morrison offered some advice to those who are interested in astronomy or are worried about impending collisions. "If it [a story] is real, it is likely to be in regular news media, not just posted on some website," he told us. Furthermore, "not everyone who claims on YouTube to be a scientist or an employee of NASA is. But there is no simple way to distinguish truth from lies." The Nibiru conspiracies are so nonsensical that Morrison wonders whether even their purveyors believe them. Because many websites sell Nibiru books, tapes and even "survival kits," Morrison thinks they are purposely taking advantage of people who aren't able to distinguish credible sources from crackpot ones. "This is especially a problem for young people, which is why I am so angry at those who target children," he said.

This is sanctimonious drivel , which does not relate to this debate very much. "No simple way to distinguish truth from lies" : BS ! Anyone with half a brain doesnt listen to msm's massive lies either.
SOURCE

Morrison is an idiot, just some guy paid off to tell everyone that everything is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ok, wait. No, wait, let me get this straight.

A rather small and fairly insignificant comet what only came to distinction by virtue of being discovered by an amateur astronomer with less mass and gravitational pull than any moon orbiting any planet in our solar system that is still a magnificent distance from us currently that somehow, because it momentarily comes into alignment with a few planets and our own, an occurence that happens all the time and has as long as we've existed, let alone those planets; is responsible for causing earthquakes, events which literally happen daily and always have?

Yeah...right.

I'm sorry, the class you were looking for was Astro(NOMY), not Astro(LOGY).
It's an easy mistake to make, what with how similar they sound.

You know, the sun itself cycles through periods of low and high activity, is it so hard to believe the planet suffers similar cycles, too. You know, kind of like how the geological record shows.

If you honestly believe a comet that small could really have that kind of influence then you would think that both Haley's and Hale-Bopp, both if which were closer than Elenin is now, you would think those two would have caused massive destruction on their recent paths. Hmm.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Yeah i know what you mean and if something does happen i hope it doesnt affect us in Australia

If i had the space and spare money id be stockpiling if i could and if nothing happened al least id have lots of canned goods and bottled water to last me along with surplus camping/survival equipment.

Although so far i'm not concerned enough to worry about any of that.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Care to pass on the source of the size and mass?

As far as i knew the size and mass had not been disclosed or confirmed by NASA as yet?

elenin.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I agree with that too. It's like throwing a pebble into the ocean, nothing happens. I just like to think that everything is a big fat conspiracy

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiTI would state it as a FACT that ELEnin is the planetary body that will bring about the start of the purification process that many of our brothers and sister of past and present tribes and civilisations of are world have predicted and prophised...

I think you need to go and look up what the capitalized word in your above quote means.

No I don't, I know exactly what a fact is and I will still glady state to anyone that it is a fact, It was shown to me that this celestrial object was on its way over 2 years ago...

It is and always will be a fact to me (as it has been proven to me)... but thanks for your concern...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by de1111codEiT

No I don't, I know exactly what a fact is and I will still glady state to anyone that it is a fact, It was shown to me that this celestrial object was on its way over 2 years ago...

It is and always will be a fact to me (as it has been proven to me)... but thanks for your concern...

I sure hope you still post here once Elenin has passed and missed by many millions of miles, because I will remember your absurd claims of "fact", I promise you that.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Care to pass on the source of the size and mass?

As far as i knew the size and mass had not been disclosed or confirmed by NASA as yet?

elenin.org...

It's a freaking comet! A small one by comet standards. Seriously. Pick a moon, any moon, on one of the planets in the "alignment".

Are you seriously telling me that it has a greater mass and gravitational field than one of those moons?!
The hell with the moons, what about those planets themselves? I know their mass and gravity is greater!

Here's a "source" for you, it's called COMMON SENSE!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join