It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Posted today, dunno if anyones read it and here is a quote taken from that website:

SOURCE

Distinguishing truth from lies Morrison offered some advice to those who are interested in astronomy or are worried about impending collisions. "If it [a story] is real, it is likely to be in regular news media, not just posted on some website," he told us. Furthermore, "not everyone who claims on YouTube to be a scientist or an employee of NASA is. But there is no simple way to distinguish truth from lies." The Nibiru conspiracies are so nonsensical that Morrison wonders whether even their purveyors believe them. Because many websites sell Nibiru books, tapes and even "survival kits," Morrison thinks they are purposely taking advantage of people who aren't able to distinguish credible sources from crackpot ones. "This is especially a problem for young people, which is why I am so angry at those who target children," he said.

SOURCE

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

The EQ from my understanding (judging by when this thread was posted) wasn't on the 7/7 in the majority of the world, and not at GMT time, which is what the orbit data was based off. It occurred at +11 GMT I believe, so it was before midnight. So it didn't happen on the 7/7, nor while the thing was aligned, if you wanna check the alignments at about 11pm GMT. I think it should be a little different.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

That article makes it all pretty clear really.

It really is up to the individual to make rational choices in these matters.

I wonder how rational people really are...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

If it is once in a lifetime, then why is it significant to this event? A lifetime isn't a few thousand years to my knowledge. Also why would gravity cause a storm? Is there any evidence it would?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There will be afew more 7.0+ coming in the Pacific Ocean region.....in the last week or 10 days of Sept you can expect a 7.5 - 9.0+.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
reply to post by phantomjack

I suppose the only comment I would make is that a 7.8 is not a "mega" earthquake and quakes this size have happened on days when is not in alignment.
Pretty bloody big but not a megaquake like Japan.

However - if this "elenin" is closer to us than it was when (for the sake of argument) it caused the 9.0+ quake in Japan, then logic would dictate its effect would be amplified and cause at minimum the same magnitude quake?

Just a logical take on it all.

Regards

I agree for the most part, however according to wiki (not the best source I know), under their richter magnitude scale chart, a 7.0 - 7.9 is classified technically as a "Major" earthquake. 8.0 - 9.9 are classified as "Great" and the never before hit 10.0 is classified as "Massive"

In other words, your right, it may not have been like a "Great" (in your words mega) but it's still major, regardless if major earthquakes have been common these days.

Richter Scale

EDIT: Yes, we should consider the same effects Japan took if this and Japan's EQ were Elenin caused, however you shouldn't deny the possibility that other variables factor in and could hit this area with a weaker EQ.

Off topic, I thought this was funny. The Phantom's op, has half the amount of stars then meatpie40 post in the first page. All meatpie40 did was verify that it is 7/7/11 when phantom made this thread. Kudos to meatpie though.

Also even if it was 7/6/11, we know that this a scientific prediction, it's allegedly based off data and observations. A day off shouldn't make this prediction invalid.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Thekid90 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by Thekid90 because: A link and a few paragraphs lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Even the Elenin nutjobs weren't predicting an earthquake on 7/7. There were predicting something happening on Saturn.

This whole thing has gone from the absurd to the deranged. Not only has over half the large quakes in the last 5 years been attributed to Elenin due to "aligments" with Earth, now even when it doesn't align with Earth but aligns with other planets and the Sun it causes earthquakes on the Sun.

This ridiculousness has to stop.

Terral03 was saying he was expecting a false flag event on 7/7. Holy turd, I don't even believe in this nonsense and I know more about the conspiracy theory than your random nutcase!

So between Elenin and HAARP I think we have every earthquake covered in the past decade. So that means if there was no Elenin or HAARP there would be NO earthquakes on the planet. Something that hasn't happened since the dawn of time.

Engage your brains people. People who believe in this stuff are more easily manipulated than your average sheeple.

Elenin is a comet, it's not a brown dwarf, it's not a rogue planet. No-one cares how cold it is. The coldest Brown Dwarfs, if you picked them up and deposited one within the orbit of Mars, would be the BRIGHTEST OBJECT IN THE UNIVERSE (to our naked eye).

Seriously, deny ignorance and even more to the point, deny stupidity. Or live in fear. I could care less.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Logman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

The EQ from my understanding (judging by when this thread was posted) wasn't on the 7/7 in the majority of the world, and not at GMT time, which is what the orbit data was based off. It occurred at +11 GMT I believe, so it was before midnight. So it didn't happen on the 7/7, nor while the thing was aligned, if you wanna check the alignments at about 11pm GMT. I think it should be a little different.

Your kidding right? It wasn't 7/7 in most of the world so it didn't happen on 7/7. You can't even get an exact time of alignment by looking at that JPL simulator. The best any one could do is say it looks like 7/7 for the alignment.

This "didn't happen on 7/7" argument is the weakest of all possible attacks on this prediction.

I don't buy that Elenin had anything to do with the EQ but come on you look quite foolish clinging to time zone arguments and saying the EQ didn't happen on 7/7.

usgs

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 19:03:16 UTC
Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 07:03:16 AM at epicenter

It happened 4 hours before 7/7 relative to UTC and on 7/7 at the epicenter but according to you "it didn't happen on the 7/7"

edit on 7-7-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

You are the fifth person to point that out and I've already addressed it- but thanks anyway!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The orbit software was related to GMT time, not NZ time

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The orbit software was related to GMT time, not NZ time

The orbital software doesn't show a precise time of alignment that anyone can discern. What precise time did the alignment occur? hmmmm?

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

go ahead tell me what time it says?

What? No time is given just a date? hmmmm ....

Elenin had nothing to do with the EQ ---- BUT THE EQ DID HAPPEN ON 7/7 - GET OVER IT

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Dude, don't you know all disasters and prophecies are dated in US EST. Even Nostradamus stated that all his prophecies were based on GMT -5. Really, he did, look it up.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by guessing
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Are you pointing towards the galactic/ equatorial plane info?

If so this is quite plausible

exactly...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Figured something would happen. Luckily it wasn't in a highly populated area.

I still don't understand the alignment, and would like to see more evidence, but regardless you can't deny that something is changing fast.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well the JPL simulator is based of UTC time. I believe that was used earlier in the thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

It is in my time zone

You need to rememeber your not the only ones around here and the other countries have different time zones.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Well the JPL simulator is based of UTC time. I believe that was used earlier in the thread.

Yeah and?? What time was the alignment in UTC?? I'm waiting ....

Admit it you lose .... EQ happened on 7/7 period. And Elenin had nothing to do with it (I have to make that clear in case someone thinks I'm arguing for this)

I'm just pointing out the idiocy in trying to tell everyone it didn't happen on 7/7.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

certainly after midnight according to the simulation, which the eq happened before. Anyway you're right since I don't have an exact enough figure to really argue it conclusively.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Yeah i don't think the time zone should be the arguement here, someone has done a great job of derailing the thread... in such a simple way.

I look at it like this, in the area or timezone of the quake it actually was 7/7/11, so then relative to them and us here in Australia and many many other countries it occured on the 7th...

Tsunami warning after big Pacific earthquake - July 7, 2011 - 6:33AM.

The United States Geological Survey said the earthquake struck at 07.03am, NZ time (5.03am AEST), 211 kilometres east of Raoul Island, in New Zealand's Kermadec Islands group

Full Article

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

If you want to point out the nonsense of the Elenin/EQ connection there are better ways than splitting hairs over times zones. It has to be the weakest argument you could possibly argue.

What about other EQs that did not match an Elenin alignment even remotely - like not even within a week? What caused them? My point being EQs happen all the time couldn't it easily be a coincidence?

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquakes
Magnitude 7.6 KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION July 06, 2011
Magnitude 7.2 FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA June 24, 2011
Magnitude 6.0 SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND June 13, 2011
Magnitude 5.8 WESTERN TURKEY May 19, 2011
Magnitude 5.1 SPAIN May 11, 2011
Magnitude 6.8 LOYALTY ISLANDS May 10, 2011
Magnitude 6.9 SOLOMON ISLANDS April 23, 2011
Magnitude 6.6 EASTERN HONSHU, JAPAN April 11, 2011
Magnitude 7.1 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN April 07, 2011

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join