It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
Who is to say the Egyptians did not write about it. The evidence could have been lost forever when ceaser "accidently" burned the library of alexandria down. Just because there are no stories about it written in stone does not mean they did not have some info on it on some papyrus in the library. For the record I do not think planet x or niburu exists.

To clear this Egypt issue up : here is a reference used by Immanuel Velikovsky in his book Worlds In Collision.
Another poster attacked the op saying , go to the library. Well that is just what I did. I have in my hand right now more cause for concern than anyone has produced about this so far. Dont forget Velikovsky : then you'll know what to expect.

Reference : 3 AH Gardiner, Admonitions of an Egyptian Sage from a hieratic papyrus in Leiden (1909) Its author was an Egyptian named Ipuwer . Hereafter the tect will be cirted as 'Papyrus Ipuwer'

Here isjust a small excerpt : page 60 . 'The Red World' Ipuwer wrote "The river is blood" and this corresponds with Exodus (7:20) "All the waters that were in the river were turned into blood"

Velikovsky writes : "The comet was on its way from perhilion and touched the earth first with its gaseous tail. Servius wrote " It bwas not of a flaming but of a bloody redness"
One of the first visible signs of this encounter was the redening of the earths surface by a fine dust of rusty pigment. In sea , lake and river this pigment gave a bloody colouring to the water. Because of these particle of ferruginuos or other soluble pigment, the world turned red."

edit on 6-7-2011 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

More importantly the succession of Right too Rule Passed from Joseph to Moses in 1589 B.C

3600 years ago.

Me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
there is a lot of evidence that I see that leads me to believe that ELEnin is something to be concerned about. there is also a lot of silence on this issue that seems suspicious.

If there is alot of silence, then there can't be much evidence. Where'd you get your evidence, youtube?
Have you got your own telescope?
Have you viewed Elenin yourself?
If not, how do you know it actually exists?
You believe NASA are lying to you, or not giving you the truth, so maybe it doesn't exist at all.

NASA says that ELEnin is a small comet and nothing to worry about, but then they issue a video to all personnel about emergency preparedness from outside threats.

What makes you think the emergency preparedness is to do with Elenin? There are other space objects out there to be concerned about.

On the JPL site, the orbit of ELEnin isn't smooth, it has corners in the path, but the orbits of all the the other comets are smooth arcs.

The JPL program draws circles for object orbits. All circles in 3d software are draw with lines connecting points.
Elenin's orbit is very very elongated, so that circle will be getting stretched out.
NASA gives you all the information you need to calculate and plot the orbit of Elenin yourself. If you dont believe the software they provide, then get your maths head on and get calculating.

st.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

You are the fourth person to point that out and I have already addressed it- but thanks, my friend!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Don't forget China. They have 4,000 years of continuous history recorded and they mention no doom planet, no global flood, no increase in massive earthquakes, etc. So, if the return of this thing is such a world changing event why don't the Chinese mention it?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There was a man named Mozi, and he was a follower of Confuscius and his writings were compiled and put into a volume set titled “Mozi”.

In Book 5 of Mozi, Mozi writes of the end of the Xia Dynasty, which gave rise to the Shang Dynasty. Mozi recounts, from the oral tradition handed down, that
the climate experienced extreme changes
the paths of the sun and moon were altered
withering crops
and supernatural events

Oh approx. date,,,, 3600 years ago

Mozi also recounts that the “Sun came out at night” , and “Blood rain” .

So please lets stick too the facts.

edit on 6-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

Every other comet I have seen offered as an counter-example on the JPL simulations has been a short-period comet. Elenin on the other hand is either a long-period comet or a single-pass comet. Either way it's orbit is huge. Therefore, you are looking at only a very small portion of its orbit when you look at it on the JPL simulation. Pretty much it's like taking a huge picture and then zooming in on a small area. It's going to look distorted compared to taking a tiny picture and zooming in on a small area.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Mozi also wrote thousands of years after the fall of the Xia Dynasty. As he was writing about the end of a dynasty he is clearly depicting the favor of the gods shifting from one dynasty to another. As I stated previously, China has a continuous history of 4,000 years. Find me a primary account to corroborate what Mozi writes 2,000 years after the fact.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Take everything Velikovsky says with a grain of salt. I think every prediction he made in his book based off his research has been shown to be unequivocally false. There may be one that he got right, but his reasoning behind it was way off base.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It looks like someone learned the word "alignment" and now use it as if it has the meaning they want it to have at any given moment...

And, from what I have seen, most people use low quality images as the source for the supposed alignments, resulting in wrong dates for the alignments.

Also, if Elenin has a mass big enough to create earthquakes on Earth, then we should have noticed other changes in other planets' orbits. Saturns' moons, for example, would probably be all attracted to that massive object passing near to the planet.

PS: Looking at a bigger image from the JPL orbit diagram, it looks like the alignment between Elenin, Mercury and the Sun was on July 6 and not on July 7.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There was a man named Mozi, and he was a follower of Confuscius and his writings were compiled and put into a volume set titled “Mozi”.

In Book 5 of Mozi, Mozi writes of the end of the Xia Dynasty, which gave rise to the Shang Dynasty. Mozi recounts, from the oral tradition handed down, that
the climate experienced extreme changes
the paths of the sun and moon were altered
withering crops
and supernatural events

Oh approx. date,,,, 3600 years ago

Mozi also recounts that the “Sun came out at night” , and “Blood rain” .

So please lets stick too the facts.

edit on 6-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

You're mixing up two histories in the same book. The events you are referring to actually took place about 3000 years ago at the end of the Shang Dynasty, in 1046 BCE. (1046+2011=3057 years ago).

The event that occurred 3600 years ago as mentioned in Mozi's 5th Book is the story of King Jie.

It also seems as if when describing this even he is talking about the specific location of the Kingdom of Xia, and not a global event. King Jie of Xia was a pervert, so the Gods punished him by screwing up the sun and moon in the sky, changing the seasons, making the crops fail, etc. Only when the Kingdom of Xia was in such a sad state and gods visited Cheng Tang in a dream did he dare attack Xia.

Read for yourself:

Mozi's Writings

In any case, Chinese history briefly mentions some local events, but as you can see new dynasties chug along without any indication that there was some massive, global event that killed everyone, or nearly everyone.

I think whoever wrote whatever you took that information from isn't putting much critical thought into their work.

edit on 6-7-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Only the Sun, Mercury, the comet, and Saturn are in alignment. It shouldn't have any effect on the Earth, we are not in the alignment. Wonder what's happening on Saturn and Mercury, though.

Wait till September 27, if you wanna see some scary s#1t.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Can you please clear this up for me:

Are you saying that a brown dwarf is going to be passsing through our solar system?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
C'mon, you Elenin nuts are getting your facts mixxed up. 7/7 is an ELE/Saturn alignment but yet again an earthquake is attributed to a speck of ice.

This thread is proof thatthe whole Elenin thing is pure fear-mongering.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
If Elenin is so dense that it's gravity is causing Earth to go haywire then why don't we see it effecting the orbits of other celestial bodies? Shouldn't there be perturbations in all the other planets orbits? Wouldn't Elenin bend the light from distant stars that it passes in front of relative to Earth?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by QuantumDisciple

the do, there was a strange storm on saturn as ELE aligned... link to info is in this thread somewhere

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
I live beside a smoking volcano on the west coast and an alignment has never budged this ground.

Alignments dont seem to do anything in my direct experience, when it hits us then we can worry.

-GM

Were you aware the land you speak of bulges up to 4 feet with the passing of the moon? Its just like the tides...the land you are on(ehem big boat)...floats on liquid magma...your point of view doesn't allow you to recognize the boat rocking...its very slow....planetary alignments should be viewed more so like magnifying glass for gravity...and we all know about the sweet spots playing with the mag glass

Although from a standpoint of radiant energy its like a sphere shaped game of pool....this is why in astrology you have square and trine alignments....she may be predicting from measuring degrees of arc between earth and several others...again from a sphereical pool table kinda way...and as the energy flows bewtween them it can create ripples in space time

Oh need to add I am not saying this was elenin...lol. I am saying there is some relative logic to planetary alignments and gravitational interactions
edit on 7-7-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2011 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by phantomjack

A comet absolutely cannot affect the Earth from that far away, the gravitational attraction is just too weak. Even if it were a brown dwarf like many people think I still don't think it's close enough to affect us gravitationally. The idea of a comet or even a brown dwarf as far away as it is causing earthquakes here on Earth due to gravity alone is outrageous. What's the closest that Elenin will get to Earth, does anybody know? Also does anybody know how far away it was during the time of the earthquake?

But it is not a comet is it?

I thought every one knew this...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I thought the next big Alignment was on the 26th of september? this other date do not remember it being mentioned what so ever. Basically I have this date entered into my phone so if i hear of anything I will see the link hopefully this whole Elenine could be the biggest clutching at straws thing we have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

If that storm was caused be Elenin's alignment, shouldn't the storm remain on the same spot it was created while the planet keeps on rotating, or at least shouldn't the storm keep on growing from the point closest to Elenin, the supposed more affected area?

I don't understand that whole idea that something millions of kilometres away can affect a planet but only in one spot and only for a very short time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join