It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Earthquake: Elenin: As Predicted : On Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edews
Could some explain why there would be an earthquake just because Saturn, a comet and Earth align?

Just as the moon has gravitational effects on earth, as do other large bodies of mass, this alignment, as well as others, cause the gravitational effects of each of the objects in line to combine the gravity of each of the bodies. While I am NOT an astrophysicist, I can not give you the exact equation to this effect.

Lets use psudo numbers instead. If the effect of Saturn on Earth is a value of 1, then the effect of ELE and Saturn on earth would be 1 + (the relative gravitational effect of ELE).

That added strain on the earth's already delicate mantle is what causes plates to shift, i.e. earthquakes.

Thats about as layman as I can get.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So now its affecting us without even being aligned? Wouldn't that basically be every day it's in our solar system then? As I would imagine no matter where it is you could draw a theoretical line and claim it is aligned with a planet.

The other thought I had **IF** this thing when aligned with earth causes quakes - why just 1? If it's having an effect whereby it caused the Japan quake then why does it not affect other fault lines around the planet? I can't imagine it has an aiming device to focus it's effects on.
If it is such an effect on this planet then I would expect to see something truly radical and undeniable as to it's influence - like5 or 6 mag 8+ quakes around the whole globe on the same day?

Make sense to people?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by phantomjack

You know, every single planet and moon and asteroid in the solar system could be aligned with the earth and sun and it wouldn't have 1% the effect the moon has on the earth all by itself!!!!

Stop this foolishness, go to a library and read a book!

The numbers have been posted here many many times, but I suppose that real education doesn't get you noticed as much as fantasy does.

And I do appreciate your objective point of view.

However, there are way too many unanswered questions regarding this "Comet"

No there is not, you are just reading the wrong kinds of 'literature'.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

We don't know if the orbit is eccentric. From what I have seen in the JPL model is a pretty nicely rounded orbit, up until about a week ago when mysteriously, those lines turned into adjusted trajectories. Why? Did the path actually change, or was the data wrong?

Are you on about Elenin? If so, I have seen no change in the JPL orbit diagram, it has never been a rounded orbit.
Maybe you were looking at a different one?

If you look back at history and the events that took place in and around 3500 and 3600 years, you will note rather traumatic events on earth. But one would have to believe the writings, in order to conclude that the events happened. Just to name a few on the timeline are the great flood, atlantis, exodus and the plagues. Of course, we can only go back so far.

About 3500/3600 years ago the ancient egyptians were thriving. Did they mention anything about another star/planet? If there was something, they would have written about it.

Why has NASA speculated that our sun was a binary star?

Because the majority of the other stars they were/are observing have been binary stars.

Why did NASA speculate about Planet X back in the early 80's only to never talk about it again?

Maybe they made a big foofar and are too proud to admit it.

st.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Elenin currently has an eccentricity of 1.0000606. Anything that has an eccentricity over at perihelion is expected to be ejected from the solar system never to return. Even if the eccentricity drops it will still be very close to 1 meaning it has a very long orbit. I will get to the archaeology parts after I get back from dinner as I will need to do some research on that, but the stuff about binary stars and Planet X I can answer right now. As far as I know NASA never really supported the binary star hypothesis. Most of the ones claiming that are astronomers at universities. Primarily the like of Whitmire and Matese who proposed the Nemesis hypothesis. As the years have passed and we have acquired more data about our solar system, the odds of a binary star existing are very low. As for Planet X, the search has actually been occurring since the discovery of Neptune. Shortly after its discovery perturbations were found in its orbit as well as Uranus'. This lead astronomers to believe there was another planet past Neptune. This eventually lead to the discovery of Pluto, however it did not explain away the perturbations. However, when Voyager II did its fly-by of Neptune we learned that we had its mass wrong, we also discovered several new moons. When this information was plugged in the perturbations disappeared and the need for Planet X was over.

Excellent detail, thank you!

But I just do not trust the eccentricity numbers we are being shown at this time simply because of the recent changes seen on the JPL model. What you say is true, if the number was accurate to begin with. And, it would be SOP of NASA to keep the real information under lock and key to prevent people like us from finding the truth and causing panic.

Oh, I guess we are in fact causing some degree of panic anyway, LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
So now its affecting us without even being aligned? Wouldn't that basically be every day it's in our solar system then? As I would imagine no matter where it is you could draw a theoretical line and claim it is aligned with a planet.

The other thought I had **IF** this thing when aligned with earth causes quakes - why just 1? If it's having an effect whereby it caused the Japan quake then why does it not affect other fault lines around the planet? I can't imagine it has an aiming device to focus it's effects on.
If it is such an effect on this planet then I would expect to see something truly radical and undeniable as to it's influence - like5 or 6 mag 8+ quakes around the whole globe on the same day?

Make sense to people?

Well, thats a good question with a simple answer. The weakest link would break first...., but if you look at my previous post, and Newtons laws, I would expect another event of like power to occur to balance the result of this quake.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

We don't know if the orbit is eccentric. From what I have seen in the JPL model is a pretty nicely rounded orbit, up until about a week ago when mysteriously, those lines turned into adjusted trajectories. Why? Did the path actually change, or was the data wrong?

Are you on about Elenin? If so, I have seen no change in the JPL orbit diagram, it has never been a rounded orbit.
Maybe you were looking at a different one?

If you look back at history and the events that took place in and around 3500 and 3600 years, you will note rather traumatic events on earth. But one would have to believe the writings, in order to conclude that the events happened. Just to name a few on the timeline are the great flood, atlantis, exodus and the plagues. Of course, we can only go back so far.

About 3500/3600 years ago the ancient egyptians were thriving. Did they mention anything about another star/planet? If there was something, they would have written about it.

Why has NASA speculated that our sun was a binary star?

Because the majority of the other stars they were/are observing have been binary stars.

Why did NASA speculate about Planet X back in the early 80's only to never talk about it again?

Maybe they made a big foofar and are too proud to admit it.

st.

I disagree with you regarding Egypt. The empire was not thriving around 1500 BC. It was in fact on the downward spiral at that point. The plagues and the exodus of the Jews was the beginning of the end for the empire.

I do, however, thank you for your other comments and observations, Friend.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Originally posted by phantomjack It was predicted that when Elenin, Saturn, and Earth aligned on 7.7.11, we would see the signs here on earth. Except that it's not 7/7............

It may not be 7/7 for you my friend, but it was where it happened. From USGS

Magnitude 7.6 Date-Time Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 19:03:16 UTC Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 07:03:16 AM at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones Location 29.312°S, 176.204°W Depth 20 km (12.4 miles) Region KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION

Australasia/Oceania:: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 08:03:16 AM - American Samoa Wednesday, July 06, 2011 at 09:03:16 AM - Tahiti Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 03:03:16 AM - Perth Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 04:33:16 AM - Darwin, Adelaide Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 05:03:16 AM - Port Moresby Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 05:03:16 AM - Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 06:03:16 AM - Solomon Islands, Vanuatu Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 07:03:16 AM - Fiji, Auckland, Christchurch

edit on 6-7-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

However, i must say i recant. The premise of the prediction is flawed. We are not even close to being aligned with Elenin and Saturn. That event won't even occur (if at all) until early September. So, there is the debunk. The two events are not related whatsoever. Check Here
edit on 6-7-2011 by TomServo because: recant

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there was a change in the 'density' of the asteroid belt that suggest a large object went past and pulled the asteroids closer together

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
AND don't forget the "mystery storm" on Saturn... seems like a lot of evidence is going south
I know there is definently a comet named elenin, I just never fed into the catastrophic nonsense.. I'm thinkin maybe I need to re-evalutate. I think the storm has something to do with the alignment theories.. Saturn has got to be suffering the effects as well.

Link to the Mystery Storm is below

-31B

Mystery Storm
edit on 6-7-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino

I suppose the only comment I would make is that a 7.8 is not a "mega" earthquake and quakes this size have happened on days when is not in alignment.
Pretty bloody big but not a megaquake like Japan.

However - if this "elenin" is closer to us than it was when (for the sake of argument) it caused the 9.0+ quake in Japan, then logic would dictate its effect would be amplified and cause at minimum the same magnitude quake?

Just a logical take on it all.

Regards

I think it would be fair to say that 7.8 is relative to its location. Put a 7.8 in San Francisco and tell me its not "mega"

LOL

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

when you say another event are you talking about a tsunami? The earthquake was big enough to cause one
edit on 6-7-2011 by theshepherd92 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I disagree with you regarding Egypt. The empire was not thriving around 1500 BC. It was in fact on the downward spiral at that point. The plagues and the exodus of the Jews was the beginning of the end for the empire.

I do, however, thank you for your other comments and observations, Friend.

The following might help you change your mind about that.

BBC - Egyptian 18th Dynasty Page

King Akhenaten

18th Dynasty
Perhaps the height of Egyptian wealth and power came between 1550 and 1290 BC. The dynasty began with the expulsion of the Palestinian Hyksos rulers from the north of Egypt by King Ahmose I - an event that may have inspired the Biblical story of the Exodus.

If it was in the sky around that time, they would have written about it.

st.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

1. Ancient scripts and writings
2. History of the world, in comparison to the events in number 1
3. The heightened distribution of warnings from NASA to its employees
4. The same about FEMA
5. Why is Hollywood bombarding us with end of the world movies?
6. We can track a bolt in orbit, and it took an unknown russian astronomer to find ELE in November?
7. Why was the shuttle program discontinued?
8. Why is the US Government behaving and spending money like there is no tomorrow?
9. Why the push for one world government?
10. An inbound object that we can not see? Or can we see it?

I wouldn't be too worried, don't forget that NASA is not the only organization with access to telescopes. Amateur astronomers, students, and professors at universities have probably all studied this comet extensively. It's not often that an opportunity arises to study a comet that is so close, and if NASA has the technology to spot this 'death star', then thousands of citizens who aren't affiliated with them also have the technology.

Don't worry dude, there's a new apocalyptic scenario almost every week, and they never play out as predicted. Nothing bad is going to happen, you're stressing about nothing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Heh, so......for a second, suppose that the claim is correct.......then what? What does this change if anything? You'll still look like the lone nutt while everyone else neanders around asleep to the world around them. I say stop trying to warn people...all thats gonna do is give them an idea of who to hit up when it actually happens on a scale that scares the sh*t out of everyone.

And who needs that kind of headache? Let the humans die, save yerself. If we're gonna be smited, aint much you can do but ride er out and give the finger to yer idiot neighbors while they become cannibals cause they couldn't forsee a food shortage....

Ok thats a lil much but you get the idea.....worry about you.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Castogere because: I must retort in full....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Who is to say the Egyptians did not write about it. The evidence could have been lost forever when ceaser "accidently" burned the library of alexandria down. Just because there are no stories about it written in stone does not mean they did not have some info on it on some papyrus in the library. For the record I do not think planet x or niburu exists.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I thought that video said Saturn?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Closest: 22 Million Miles. Current distance is I think, and I am guessing from data I have seen, around 1.4 AU? Look it up on JPL.

It may be outrageous if the situation were in a vacuum void of all other events and data currently occurring. NASA has not been clear on the composition of the "comet" and if you look at the JPL models, the darn thing is changing course at 10 degree angles. How can that be?

All things being equal, I would agree with you. However, there are too many unanswered questions, or rather, a void of information coming from Government.

I look at these things:

1. Ancient scripts and writings
2. History of the world, in comparison to the events in number 1
3. The heightened distribution of warnings from NASA to its employees
4. The same about FEMA
5. Why is Hollywood bombarding us with end of the world movies?
6. We can track a bolt in orbit, and it took an unknown russian astronomer to find ELE in November?
7. Why was the shuttle program discontinued?
8. Why is the US Government behaving and spending money like there is no tomorrow?
9. Why the push for one world government?
10. An inbound object that we can not see? Or can we see it?

These and other questions keep me awake at night.

I like the cut of you jib, sir. i have many of the same questions.

and i get tired of those that don't think ELEnin is anything to worry about calling those of us that have legit worries about it, fearmongers or scaremongers. just because we are looking at most of the same info and coming up with different theories doesn't make us fearmongers. is it fearmongering when the national weather service issues a tornado warning? just because there is a tornado warning doesn't mean that a tornado is right outside your door.

there is a lot of evidence that I see that leads me to believe that ELEnin is something to be concerned about. there is also a lot of silence on this issue that seems suspicious.

NASA says that ELEnin is a small comet and nothing to worry about, but then they issue a video to all personnel about emergency preparedness from outside threats. On the JPL site, the orbit of ELEnin isn't smooth, it has corners in the path, but the orbits of all the the other comets are smooth arcs.

keep searching for the truth everybody!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowmoon

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by mb2591

its not even aligned with earth, its aligned with mars....

its not mars . mercury/ele/saturn

whatever, it sure as hell isn't going to cause an earthquake, much less an extinction level event
edit on 6-7-2011 by Forevever because: backwards

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591
reply to post by Forevever

I thought that video said Saturn?

apparently we both wrong, its mercury, which is even further isn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join