It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 Earthquake (South Pacific) today during alignment with Sun, ELEnin and Mercury

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

From your own source.

The smallest brown dwarf known is 8X the mass of Jupiter and located 500 light years distant.

So, what is the object approaching earth.

Also, if the object is well below the ecliptic, it can't be in a true alignment with mercury and the sun.

edit on 6-7-2011 by rykc27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Please show me where the alignment is on what you posted. The earth is way off to the left. How is that going to affect Earth?

I will post all of this data and how the increase of seismic activity

Oh goodie. I am looking forward to that (probably not for reasons you will be too pleased about however!)

edit on 6/7/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rykc27

yes and what does man know anyway wrong about black holes wrong about just about every freaking thing everything thats is known is always being revised as it always needs correcting sorry to sound angry things just got real for me anyway peace

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
bauldrick does have a point... Stephen Hawking did admit he was wrong about black holes...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

i have seen the second prepared rediness nasa video, do not recall an august date though. an interesting point for you is on youtube. a congressman warns people in major cities to get ot now, before its too late. also on history channel "after armeggedon" great entertainment for this kind of paranoia.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Do I seriously have to dispel this claim again? A brown dwarf may not produce its own light (although some do) but it would reflect light. The composition of a brown dwarf is essentially the same as Jupiter's. Jupiter reflects a lot of light and as a result is one of the brightest objects in the night sky. An object that is larger and closer that would reflect light in a similar way would be readily apparent to even the most novice of amateur astronomers. Furthermore, even if it were approaching directly at the South Pole, it would still be visible from anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere. The reason why Antarctica is ideal for a telescope, especially an IR one, is because the cooler temperatures will help prevent residual heat from the equipment itself, not to mention there's no pollution of any kind to impair one's view of the sky.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rykc27

It is not well below the ecliptic last I checked. Show me evidence to back up your statement.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I suspect you'll have to repeat yourself until at least November
thats why I mostly just read the threads and don't participate

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

Goodie for you!

We'll all see what happens.... I truly hope you and everyone else that doesn't believe this, will all laugh at me in a few months. I will welcome it. MOST OF ALL, I WILL BE HAPPY TO STILL BE ALIVE! So go on, TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT and I will welcome your ridicule in November.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Interesting, how Comet Elenin and Jupiter align, right before Elenin crosses Earth's orbit. Do you think Jupiter's gravity will affect the comet? Would it fracture it?

Star falling from the heavens is the first-thing to come to mind, here.

Opinions?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by my3911

Goodie for you!

We'll all see what happens.... I truly hope you and everyone else that doesn't believe this, will all laugh at me in a few months. I will welcome it. MOST OF ALL, I WILL BE HAPPY TO STILL BE ALIVE! So go on, TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT and I will welcome your ridicule in November.

See this is why I'm so 100% confident nothing will happen - because I'm of the opposite opinion
I WANT IT TO END - I want it over - I want something to slam the planet into oblivion!!!

I never get what I want

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster

Interesting, how Comet Elenin and Jupiter align, right before Elenin crosses Earth's orbit. Do you think Jupiter's gravity will affect the comet? Would it fracture it?

Star falling from the heavens is the first-thing to come to mind, here.

Opinions?

Hmmmm.... fire from the sky. Sounds like a prophecy from Revelations!
Either way, however it happens, why it happens and regardless of who believes me.... I know something is coming, something BIG that will change everything. I will feel privileged to witness it. Then it will be time to rebuild or move on to the next existence.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Goodie for you!

See this is why I'm so 100% confident nothing will happen - because I'm of the opposite opinion
I WANT IT TO END - I want it over - I want something to slam the planet into oblivion!!!

I never get what I want

I sometimes too want it all to end as well. Our planet's society is a complete mess.
But luckily, we have time and cellular degradation on our side. We are all going die!!!
Then once and for all, we'll KNOW THE TRUTH!

edit on 6-7-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

edit on 6-7-2011 by my3911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

reply to post by heineken

No alignment you say? You should look a little closer before making an incorrect statement:

i see no alignment here..GET SOME SUN!!

Then you need to get your eyes checked! It's right in front of your face! Look in the center of our solar system and you will see something called our SUN.... then look up the vertical line and then you will see something called Mercury, now wait and be patient... here it comes... go straight up that same vertical line going UP and you will see our so called "comet". See it now? If you don't I really suggest you get your eyes checked. No offense, but you're being ridiculous if you can't see this.

Um, are they all on the same plane? I mean, is Elenin not coming in at an angle to the plane? How would that effect alignments? You're looking at a two dimensional projection and frankly that's just not good enough when you're trying to clutch straws and infer cause and effect.
How does this 'alignment' effect the Earth?
I, personally, don't buy, but then I'm one of those pesky Earth Scientists who is hiding the 'facts' from the 'people'.

The best thing about Earth Science is that I get to go outside regularly!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Check on my new thread tomorrow. It will be in the same topic area. It will contain data that will be too obvious to be coincidental.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

reply to post by PhantomLimb

I see a VERTICAL LINE going from the sun, through mercury, to ELENIN. Does anyone else on this thread not see the vertical straight line? I mean come on, how much more obvious does it have to be?!

What the hell would that have to do with Earth? When people talk about Elenin alignments causing earthquakes on Earth they say that the cause is an alignment between ELENIN AND EARTH.
edit on 7/6/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

AND...... AGAIN:

Our planet doesn't have to be in alignment with this so called "comet" to feel the gravitational effects of a larger mass within the orbit of Mars. If this thing is what a lot of people think it is (1.5 to 2 times the mass of Jupiter, a failed star - brown dwarf), it would most definitely throw off the gravitational portals that hold our solar system together, including EARTH.

AND...AGAIN: If this was what it seems you are secretly wishing it to be, it would perturb the orbits of the planets and this would have been noticed. It hasn't.
Goddamn Andy Warhol and his fifteen minutes of fame.

edit on 6-7-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

reply to post by PhantomLimb

I see a VERTICAL LINE going from the sun, through mercury, to ELENIN. Does anyone else on this thread not see the vertical straight line? I mean come on, how much more obvious does it have to be?!

What the hell would that have to do with Earth? When people talk about Elenin alignments causing earthquakes on Earth they say that the cause is an alignment between ELENIN AND EARTH.
edit on 7/6/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

AND...... AGAIN:

Our planet doesn't have to be in alignment with this so called "comet" to feel the gravitational effects of a larger mass within the orbit of Mars. If this thing is what a lot of people think it is (1.5 to 2 times the mass of Jupiter, a failed star - brown dwarf), it would most definitely throw off the gravitational portals that hold our solar system together, including EARTH.

AND...AGAIN: If this was what it seems you are secretly wishing it to be, it would perturb the orbits of the planets and this would have been noticed. It hasn't.
Goddamn Andy Warhol and his fifteen minutes of fame.

edit on 6-7-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

ok... let me get this straight. I keep having to repeat myself because some people don't READ the whole thread.

I DO NOT WISH THIS TO BE TRUE. I DON'T WANT TO SAY (IF I HAD A CHANCE) I TOLD YOU SO. I'M NOT TRYING TO SPREAD FEAR. I'M TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY THE LAST 4 OR SO ALIGNMENTS WITH THIS SO CALLED COMET HAVE CORRELATED WITH EXTREMELY LARGE EARTHQUAKES ON OUR PLANET. I HAVE COLLECTED THE DATA AND I WILL POST IT TOMORROW. WE DO NOT HAVE MANY ALIGNMENTS LEFT UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE. I WILL POST THIS DATA AND YOU AND EVERY OTHER SKEPTIC CAN MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION TO SURVIVE OR JUST WATCH ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE.

Now that's it in a nutshell. I don't want any freakin' "15 minutes of fame" in this crappy society. You have got to be kidding me! Get a life dude and quit being so thick headed.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Speaking of life... I have one, so I have to get back to it. I'll have the data up by EOD tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
AorAki has hit the nail on the head. That "alignment" is only on a 2D plane. There is no alignment between C/2010 X1 Elenin, Mercury, and the Sun in 3D space. Even if there was, any earthquakes that happen to occur on such a date would be total coincidence. For goodness sake, when will some of you wake up and realise that C/2010 X1 Elenin is just a comet? Nothing more. Nothing less. It is far too small and insignificant to affect Earth in any way.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Looking forward to that new thread OP . Nothing to say against this thread , except
1. a comet can cause similar effects to a brown dwarf . There is no upper limit on the size of comets , as far as i am aware, or an upper limit on actual mass. The material it is made up of (ie potentially magnetised iron) is also of consequence.
2. observation of alignments (actual or not) is not necessary to see the effects happening everyday because of elenin. My advice to people is get off the JPL diagram , off your computer and out under the night sky. The stars appear to roll around in the sky at the moment. Line one up, note its position , watch it move , with the others.
OF COURSE the stars cannot move , but the earth can , giving the above effect. This ispossible to become an out right dizzying roll as the tide of gravity coming from the object rises. The pole is listing by over 10degrees, everyday, anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join