It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 Earthquake (South Pacific) today during alignment with Sun, ELEnin and Mercury

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow

Originally posted by my3911

Originally posted by VicDiaz89

reply to post by heineken

No alignment you say? You should look a little closer before making an incorrect statement:

i see no alignment here..GET SOME SUN!!

Then you need to get your eyes checked! It's right in front of your face! Look in the center of our solar system and you will see something called our SUN.... then look up the vertical line and then you will see something called Mercury, now wait and be patient... here it comes... go straight up that same vertical line going UP and you will see our so called "comet". See it now? If you don't I really suggest you get your eyes checked. No offense, but you're being ridiculous if you can't see this.

The glaringly obvious point people are trying to make is, if there was an alignment between Elenin, the Sun and Mercury, why did we get an earthquake when we're virtually at a right angle to the alignment?

ONCE AGAIN:

Our planet doesn't have to be in alignment with this so called "comet" to feel the gravitational effects of a larger mass within the orbit of Mars. If this thing is what a lot of people think it is (1.5 to 2 times the mass of Jupiter, a failed star - brown dwarf), it would most definitely throw off the gravitational portals that hold our solar system together, including EARTH.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

reply to post by PhantomLimb

I see a VERTICAL LINE going from the sun, through mercury, to ELENIN. Does anyone else on this thread not see the vertical straight line? I mean come on, how much more obvious does it have to be?!

What the hell would that have to do with Earth? When people talk about Elenin alignments causing earthquakes on Earth they say that the cause is an alignment between ELENIN AND EARTH.
edit on 7/6/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
I can't wait for this Elenin crap to end so that the next thing that comes along can be even more annoying...if that's possible.

Of course, I'm just psyops.

You can type until your fingers are down to the nubs. And you can talk until your tongue is dragging on the floor.

It won't change one damn thing.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I'd like an explanation as to how these alignments are causing earthquakes at specific points on the Earth, without the use of pseudo-science.

link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
theres nothing happening!!!!!!!!!!! this stuff in my truck is just camping gear!

LOL! I thought about that same thing.... when we leave well armed, supplied and headed to high ground, what if the law pulls us over. What will we say? I'll tell him the truth.. I think.

BTW.... I have no source to back this up, but I have heard from several people and seen it on several sites that a memo was leaked from NASA telling it's employees to be prepared by early August since it will start to become more obvious and people will start catching on that something big is coming. Has anyone else heard of this or have any other info on this leaked memo? I'm still deciding on when to head out. I live in the center of the 3rd largest city in the US, so it won't be easy to get out as one of the recent hurricane evacuations proved.

link   
reply to post by my3911

First off the evidence for Elenin being a brown dwarf is nil, while the evidence against it being a dwarf star is overwhelming. Second, if it were a dwarf star there wouldn't need to be any kind of alignment for its effects to be felt. Gravity doesn't work in a straight line. If even a small planet were entering the orbits of the known planets their orbits would be thrown off greatly. If a dwarf star were entering the orbits of the known planets it would be throwing planets out of their orbits completely. We would be expecting much more than an earthquake whenever it somewhat aligned with two other bodies within the solar system.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2011 by TheGuyThatThinksClearly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sorry folks, but I have to get back to my life for now. I'll post that thread I promised sometime tomorrow. There's a big storm rolling through now and tons of lighting, so I need to unplug all my equipment. Until then, be safe and enjoy your life!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

What the memo said was that NASA employees and their families should be prepared since we are entering the summer months which is also hurricane season, tornado season, flood season, etc. It is not the first time they have sent out such a preparedness memo and it will not be the last time. There was nothing innocuous about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sorry folks, but I have to get back to my life for now. I'll post that thread I promised sometime tomorrow. There's a big storm rolling through now and tons of lighting, so I need to unplug all my equipment. Until then, be safe and enjoy your life!

Translation: "Sorry folks, but I can't explain how this works so bye."

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I see a VERTICAL LINE going from the sun, through mercury, to ELENIN. Does anyone else on this thread not see the vertical straight line? I mean come on, how much more obvious does it have to be?!

What the hell would that have to do with Earth? When people talk about Elenin alignments causing earthquakes on Earth they say that the cause is an alignment between ELENIN AND EARTH.

AND...... AGAIN:

Our planet doesn't have to be in alignment with this so called "comet" to feel the gravitational effects of a larger mass within the orbit of Mars. If this thing is what a lot of people think it is (1.5 to 2 times the mass of Jupiter, a failed star - brown dwarf), it would most definitely throw off the gravitational portals that hold our solar system together, including EARTH.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

HAHAHA! You are so wrong... check out Houston's satellite image right now and you will see I am not lying. I have posted about this before and I will continue..... WHEN I HAVE TIME. BYE.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

AND...... AGAIN:

Repeating the same thing over and over again neither explains it or makes it correct.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

If this object is 1.5-2.0 times the mass of Jupiter and within the orbit of Mars,
please explain why we can't yet see it.

edit on 6-7-2011 by rykc27 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rykc27
reply to post by my3911

If this object is 1.5-2.0 times the mass of Jupiter and within the orbit of Mars,
please explain why we can't yet see it.

edit on 6-7-2011 by rykc27 because: Typo

OK.. the lightning has passed so I'm back on for a few minutes. To answer your question:

"Our early science classes taught us the difference between stars and planets, the description and properties of each were clear. Now astronomers have found objects in the Milky Way that are neither planets nor stars. Not confirmed until 1995, brown dwarfs emit very little visible light because nuclear fusion reactions cannot be maintained in their interior. And they are extremely difficult to observe at any wavelength."
SOURCE: www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

This is all over other scientific websites and also note it hasn't reached above the ecliptic yet, (it will on 9/11/2011). The SPT (South Pole Telescope) was built recently by NASA to track this from south of the ecliptic. Once it reaches above the ecliptic and if you have an infrared telescope, you won't have any problem seeing it.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I am not in the Elenin is a brown dwarf. I am keeping an eye on Elenin, but I do not know if anything will happen or not.

But, I just have to ask, why the shy away from what you call "psuedo science?"

Peer reviewed science does not have all the answers. The Church scientists were peer reviewed in Galileo's day as well.

Just because something does not fit with what we know today, does not mean that it is automatically wrong. Science, in essence, is just one big frigging theory. To say that because something is wrong because it does not fit with what we know right now is not science. If even one thing goes against the rules, even once, the theory behind that one rule is out the window an must be reworked. It does not matter whether this comes from peer review or "psuedo science."

And by the way . . . as much as people hate to admit it . . . we do not know everything about everything. We are trying to move an ocean, and because we have one teaspoon of water, we think we have the whole ocean, and anyone who says that it is only a teaspoon and not the whole ocean is considered a heretic loon . . . or "psuedo scientist."

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Class, absolute class.

Made my night.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
reply to post by my3911

Please post the link to your new thread in this thread after you have created it, because I will have the same question as I did HERE ...

And I'd like you to take note of the part where I stated that I did not want your statistics stated as your theory. I'd like to hear what your theory is. Ex:
"All comet Elenin alignments (Even when not aligned with Earth) will result in more/greater earthquakes on Earth because .................................................................................."

What I am asking for, is the theory that your soon-to-come-data will supposedly prove...

Thanks.

Will do... and thank you for your interest.
Second Line
edit on 6-7-2011 by my3911 because: Mistake of Text Placement

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

From your own source.

The smallest brown dwarf known is 8X the mass of Jupiter and located 500 light years distant.

So, what is the object approaching earth.

Also, if the object is well below the ecliptic it can't be in a true alignment with mercury and the sun.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

From your own source.

The smallest brown dwarf known is 8X the mass of Jupiter and located 500 light years distant.

So, what is the object approaching earth.

Also, if the object is well below the ecliptic it can't be in a true alignment with mercury and the sun.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join