It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political control Freaks take over Farmers Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Political control Freaks take over Farmers Market

www.truthwinds.com

In order to sell your home grown fruit at the now centrally planned "farmers market" you must submit a "crop plan" and have your Garden inspected by filling out a "farm schedule"

After that's done you're more than welcome to sell your oranges once you fill out your various tax forms, sign the ten page 8000 word contract agreement with the city manager, pay your filing fees and attain your organic certification and proper permits.

VIDEO IS BELOW -- MUST WATCH -- IT'S CRAZY
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.truthwinds.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.truthwinds.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The markets are now centrally planned and controlled so political thieves can may extract their cut

The word organic is now owned by the USDA, so you can't use the word organic anymore. My reason for why the USDA own the word organic is so they could plaster it on any food they want whether it is natural or not to mislead consumers. Well, all I can say is to hell with the USDA for being a corporation front. Time will come when the people will have had enough of the governments # and burn them along with the bankers and corporations. I am not going to forget this and use it as a motivation to burn them with my rage.

I see nothing wrong to need the government to regulate the farmers market. The government have better things to do like going after big pharma for dangerous drugs. Including going after Monsanto for producing GMO CROPS, which I have not seen them do. All our problem with GMO would end if the government would stop acting as a front for big business with money to make. Intrude into my farmers market and I will be sure to raise hell to burn the government.

www.truthwinds.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-7-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
That is your bigger, stronger, faster all encompassing Govt at work.

Keeping the stupid safe from themselves, one farmers market at a time.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
just reading some of these topics and wondering how they are so brazenly getting away with this stuff. but then I remember the whole country spent the last month glued to the casey anthony trial.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is just for people selling foods as "organic". I support this - somebody has to regulate people when making claims that food is "organic". If not, then EVERYONE would say their food is organic rendering the term meaningless.

If you aren't selling food as organic, these rules don't apply to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Solution:

Start up Neighborhood BLACK Organic Farmers Markets.
Don't advertise via the internet and go back to handing out flyers to known friends, family, etc.

Back yard printing presses will make a comeback when the NetPolice start getting too busy.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Agreed it's ludicrous,
However, try working in the firearms industry and dealing with the ATF if you want to be in the wonderland of regulation.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
This is just for people selling foods as "organic". I support this - somebody has to regulate people when making claims that food is "organic". If not, then EVERYONE would say their food is organic rendering the term meaningless.

If you aren't selling food as organic, these rules don't apply to you.

I agree with you.

I buy my veggies and fruits from an Organic farmer at a farmer's market. I know they are legit. LOL - beware of live bugs and worms along with the dirt when washing their goods - - and wash several times.

But there are new vendors claiming Organic. How do I know?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I support this move, here's why:

There's been a recent discovery of plans to have Chinese farm products shipped and sold in the US as 'organic':
USDA Uncovers Plot to Import Fake Organic Food from China

the USDA called bulls*t on a fraudulent certificate from a supplier in China, which claimed EcoCert certification for non-organic crops like soy and millet.

It's already been revealed that some vendors at farmer's markets are just selling store bought wholesale products:
Cheating scandal rocks farmers market: Was Mexican produce passed off as locally grown?

There was a nice story that NBC Los Angeles did on it too:
Fake Farmers Markets? Vendors Busted in LA

So while some of you may claim 'government overreach' I say it's government doing its job, for once.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
Solution:

Start up Neighborhood BLACK Organic Farmers Markets.
Don't advertise via the internet and go back to handing out flyers to known friends, family, etc.

Back yard printing presses will make a comeback when the NetPolice start getting too busy.

That won't last either. Your house will be raided via masked USDA agents with a swat team back up.

Go Government!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is an example of what I have been saying for awhile...

Until the majority of Americans start to feel the impact of an overbearing government...ie Tyrranny, they will sit back satisfied. But let the US Govt touch something sacred to them...then all hell is about to break loose.

When the TSA came for the flyers, I said nothing as I was not a flyer.

When the IRS seized property for not paying over bearing taxes,I said nothing as I was not overly taxed.

When the SWAT teams raided milk farmers, I said nothing as I did not farm milk.

When the FDA took away my farmers markets, I said nothing as I didn't go the market anyway.

When the ATF came for the guns, I said nothing as I didn't own one.

When the "Peace Keepers" came for me, there was no one left to say anything.

new topics

top topics

join