It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phil Imbrogno gone from field - he faked his educational credentials

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The YouTube description of an interview of him:

Published on Mar 4, 2012 by hillz161

www.hillaryraimo.com...

Aired May 20, 2010

Philip Imbrogno

Recorded LIVE

This week LIVE: Philip Imbrogno a recognized authority in the field of UFO research. Interviewed by the NY Times, NBC's Today Show, and The Oprah Winfrey Show, Phil has been featured on The History Channel, A&E, Lifetime and HBO. Philip joins me live on the air to discuss his years of work, and newest release Files From the Edge.

For more than 30 years, paranormal expert and scientist Philip Imbrogno has investigated- and occasionally witnessed firsthand-amazing phenomena that push the limits of our current understanding of reality. In his latest book, Files From the Edge, Imbrogno presents the most shocking cases of his career, complete with eyewitness reports and never-before published photographs. Tonight he joins me on the air to discuss his research and work.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The following is from Interdimensional Universe: The New Science of UFOs, Paranormal Phenomena and Otherdimensional Beings by Philip Imbrogno, published August 8, 2008 by Llewellyn Publications, Chapter 4 "Extraterrestrial UFOs":

. . . I decided to send a copy of the image to NOAA (National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration). Several days later, I was contacted by an imaging scientist by phone whose official title was "Director of Analyzing Anomalies." I thought that the title was strange, since the government officially stated that these objects do not exist. Yet they had someone on their staff whose job was to analyze images like the one obtained from orbiting satellites. This could only mean one thing, and that was that they have received UFO images and are very interested in them. NOAA had no knowledge of the June 8 image and had to go into their files to find it. They said that they were very perplexed as to what the image was, and the lines on the object were something they could not explain. I continued a dialog with NOAA for several months on this matter, but then they suddenly would not comment anymore on the image. . . .

Imbrogno explains in the book that he had obtained designs of a home satellite-reception station which he modified. He built a system that receives and images transmissions from satellites in orbit around the Earth. He did this as a research project for his school in relation to his job as a science teacher. He began receiving the images in 1991.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Weird.

This isn't the same guy is it...?

obitsforlife.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So has anybody seen or heard from Phil Imbrogno? A little time has passed and I'm wondering where the issue of him being a complete fake stands. For the record, I had not known much of Imbrogno until I did hear him on some podcast and he was talking about how he was attending dinners with Saudi heads of state who he claimed were flying him all over the globe on private jets. I knew the he was a fraud. His fake credentials were revealed not long after that.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi, I'm late to the party here, but I want to comment on Phil's military service. I'm not going to get involved in his guilt or innocence regarding his academic credentials; I don't know enough to comment. I have known Phil as a personal friend for over forty years. I met him when we were both stationed at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas. He is the only service friend that I have kept in contact with through the years. I don't know about his alleged assignments with the Army, but when I met him, he had just returned from Vietnam. We were both corpsmen and worked in the medical ICU together. As far as Phil using an alias, his name tag read "Imbrogno", so I am quite sure that is his real name.
Wallace Rowe

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This is amusing, in a very sad way.

This little tidbit sparked a memory, so I had to go search. MIT Dean

If the dean at MIT can generate a 28 year hoax of her own MIT credentials, why not some self proclaimed ufologist?

I have been King of England, pro-tem during Phillips illnesses. I have been the SETI supervisor in both NM and Puerto Rico. I once dined with the King of Spain, as he found my humor and intellect engaging, and threw a party in my honor.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join