It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phil Imbrogno gone from field - he faked his educational credentials

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
That text I cited was referring to the 1st edition. In case that was't clear.
Thanks,
Lance

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by davidbiedny

I agree. I think it is a certainty that objects were seen and reported. I did not mean to suggest that it was all constructed testimony. However, in light of his persistent history of epic lies I would be shocked if we do not find some level of shenanigans in the Imbrogno portions of the research.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For years we've been fighting Imbrogno's brand of BS here in Putnam County NY. He used our stone chambers to personally profit from them, and violated archaeological sites that were registered with New York State. Now his followers, like the truth-deprived Renee Fleury, is carrying on in his tradition of lying about her education and experience. But the truth shall win out, and the liars will be defeated.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChamberWatch
For years we've been fighting Imbrogno's brand of BS here in Putnam County NY. He used our stone chambers to personally profit from them, and violated archaeological sites that were registered with New York State. Now his followers, like the truth-deprived Renee Fleury, is carrying on in his tradition of lying about her education and experience. But the truth shall win out, and the liars will be defeated.

Which archeological sites? What does "violated" mean? Why would we just be hearing about this now?

I find it suspect for the simple fact that one of the chambers is hiding in some underbrush literally on the side of a busy road. Other chambers are caved in. I see no signs that the county cares about these chambers at all or thinks they are anything other than ye olde root cellars.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni

Originally posted by ChamberWatch

I see no signs that the county cares about these chambers at all or thinks they are anything other than ye olde root cellars.

Your right, as long as YOU dont see any signs of the county caring then its perfectly fine to exploit county property for his own phoney nonsense. Tell us again how your not defending Phil or he's not a friend of the show. Can you put anymore fodder up on a tee for us?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Dear Chip:

As this will be the first and last time I ever address you, I'm going to make this plain as day so that even you can understand it: I don't know who you are. I don't care. You've got a new show called Brain Dead or something like that, right? Fantastic. Kudos to you. But you're not going to make a name for yourself by starting a fake war with us. Period. And I'm not going to explain to you where you're wrong because you don't care. Odds are you'll be reading this on the air and thumping your chest in mock outrage, spewing vile insults, lies, and all the other cliched tactics you picked up from mainstream talk shows, while feeling giddy inside that I acknowledged you. That is what you and other failed people do and that is fine. Welcome to the bandwagon.

You are of zero consequence to me. Who knows, maybe one day you'll figure out that a paranormal show should be about, for example, THE PARANORMAL. Not just maligning the people you wish you were. Until then, you, the vampire, the pirate, and all the other Dungeons & Dragons characters pretending to matter can enjoy mouth-farting into the vacuum.

Now run along and reformulate your game plan for getting those meaningless ratings. Grownups are talking. Chip.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm saving my first edition copy of 'Night Siege'. The later ones (with the updated 'abduction' accounts) can't be trusted, unless we are able to ascertain if other investigators (outside of Imbrogno and Hopkins) were directly involved with investigating these particular accounts.

I've tossed my other Imbrogno books too. It's not the first time - I've tossed books by Christopher O'Brien, David Jacobs and most of Budd Hopkins and Whitley Streiber.

~ Susan

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by brown953

Hiya Susan, me too, I threw a stack of books and magazines out in the 90s. I'd gotten carried away and was embarrassed to realise how credulous I was. It still stings!

Maybe Imbrogno will do some good for people in the same way Mark Carlotto (Cydonia) and Charles Berlitz (Bermuda Triangle) did for me?!

That sour taste of gullibility is something everyone should taste...sooner the better.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

Whats wrong? Was letting people know exactly how you treated a self admitted "friend" on the matter of Phil being a liar as myself and a few others saw it too much for you to handle? Was having the Romanek statements that you made to Mabus thrown back in your face too much to handle as well?

Don't be mad that me and my little show called you out for what you are. I don't mind calling myself "little" at all because I don't have this massive ego that I throw around and pretend that I'm too important to face facts.

When the day comes for my little show to be put in a position where I supported a person in the field that turned out to be a liar I know how to handle it now. First of all, any contact outside of the show format is opening youself up for HUGE issues in the future, but on the other hand I understand the opportunity the relationship in any form would of opened up for you potentially. Second, it isn't by playing the forum games and it isn't by making myself out to be an insider. It's simple, admit you backed the wrong pony, that at the time he seemed to be very creditable and that now with the benefit of hind sight I was wrong. It is that simple. At NO time have I seen you even come close to doing anything but trying to slink away from the issue, and if you have then correct me I'm sure you wont have a problem doing that. Man up and admit you messed up with supporting Phil and that you were wrong for attacking Mabus for having Romenek on his show the first time. That's what people do they admit when they messed up and they get the story behind them, not by twisting and turning the story in every direction but the right one.

P.S. I'm glad you got a chance to listen to the show, I also see you didn't take too much time to address any of the quotes from the posts or your show. But, then again a big time star like yourself doesn't need to address things like facts, honesty and consistency. The best part of this post is that considering you won't respond to it based on your last post I won't have to come back and read anymore condescending, hypocritical tripe of yours.

Toodles

edit on 25-7-2011 by ChipatMindCemetery because: edit for content that could be considered a TOA ]
edit on 25-7-2011 by ChipatMindCemetery because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremy_Vaeni

Raging again, Jeremy? Saying you don't care while ranting and insulting at top volume. You are becoming that 'I can't come to bed : someone is wrong on the internet' guy.

You did talk about Imbrogno being 'a friend of the show' and having 'sound reasons' when everyone else could see he had been busted. When finally the evidence became too overwhelming even for you, then it was you who jumped on the bandwagon late and loud.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sorry. I'm redacting my explanation. You're not worth my energy. Later, Granny.
edit on 25-7-2011 by Jeremy_Vaeni because: came to senses.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I wouldn't sweat it Jer - you're talking to the guy who allows blatant racial slurs to be aired on his program, and then defends the person who said it and the word itself. Clearly there's "issues" there. You can't be concerned with their empty accusations and nonsense. Consider the source.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow I leave the thread alone for a while and next thing I know it seems a flame war has erupted. I think that goes to show just how deeply resentful and disapointed the whole situation re. Imbrogno has become to a lot of people. So instead of addressing the insults, temper tantrums and general maligning of people here I would like to know if anyone has recently and actually heard anything of real substance in regards to Imbrognos "faked credentials"? Has he truly left the public eye and quit the field? Surely his publishers know how to get in touch with him. Has anyone thougth to ask them for a statement regarding these allegations? And Id like to remind you all he is not under any criminal investigations, we are living in america and in america we are innocent until proven guilty. I would also say that if it goes on that he still hasnt even attempted to contact anyone to refute or confirm this claim, say after a year or so then at that point id say he has indeed "retired" tho for what reasons we may not truly know. Im not a friend of his, heck I dont even know him personally or even in passing. All Im saying is that it seems that there were alot of instant jumps to the conclusion that he his a hoaxer and a fraud without giving him the benifit of the doubt. Yes I know there was a post earlier that claimed to be him, but something tells me that was not him..mainly due to the grammatical and spelling errors he made. So again I ask....has anyone been able to further confirm or refute the faking of credentials? Maybe one could get a written statement from MIT or any of his other listed locations of credentials to either confirm or deny his tenure? I dont know..I just think its almost shameful how much mud-slinging and flaming has gone on. Cant we all agreee to disagree and leave it at that without things beng so personal? Just saying.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Maybe one could get a written statement from MIT

That sounds like a good idea!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

Well the thing is, I think we do all agree. But it's these little tandem swipes that tend to result in dust ups - and largely it's due to marginal personalities trying to make a mountain out of thin air.

This is really often the problem, at least in my eyes: Don't answer nonsense, lies or misrepresentations and people think you can't answer and assume guilt of some kind. Answer nonsense, lies and misrepresentations - and you give attention to those who deserve none, thereby giving the impression that what's being said is worthy of answering.

Damned if ya do, damned if ya don't. This is for me one of the aspects of dealing with this "field" that makes me want to just hang it up and go it alone. I'm really only into it publicly to put more eyes and ears on the problem in hopes of different viewpoints and ideas spilling out. 5000,00 heads are better than one.

But, this field seems to attract some of the dregs of society, which ultimately makes things more difficult.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
^ Case in point here dredphil - these anonymous conflict whores come out of the woodwork with their stupidity. The best you can do is ignore them I suppose.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

I will readily admit the subject of UFO and ET's do bring out many hoaxers and frauds, and ever do I wonder at their reasoning behind such flagrant (and oft times not so flagrant) ruse's, is their need for attention so great as to put themselves out there like that? There are also the ones who use such chicanery to make money off the more gullible people as well. It is hard enuff to sift thru whats truth and not without all the fakers muddying up the waters.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
^ Case in point here dredphil - these anonymous conflict whores come out of the woodwork with their stupidity. The best you can do is ignore them I suppose.

couldnt agree more.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lancemoody

Im not sure how one could do that however..is it as easy as just calling up a hot line and requesting such info? Im not sure, as Ive never tried anything like that before...Ill browse their website and see if theres anything there...I know youve been in the "field" for some time and must surely have a trick or two to use..mebbe you could come up with an idea?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join