It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.8 Earthquake, Kermadec Islands July 06 2011 19:03 UTC, Tsunami Warning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morgil

LOCATION FORECAST POINT COORDINATES ARRIVAL TIME
-------------------------------- ------------ ------------
KERMADEC IS RAOUL_IS. 29.2S 182.1E 1929Z 06 JUL
TONGA NUKUALOFA 21.0S 184.8E 2017Z 06 JUL
NEW ZEALAND EAST_CAPE 37.7S 178.5E 2052Z 06 JUL
NORTH_CAPE 34.4S 173.3E 2054Z 06 JUL
GISBORNE 38.7S 178.0E 2059Z 06 JUL
AUCKLAND(E) 36.7S 175.0E 2200Z 06 JUL

BULLETINS WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER IF CONDITIONS WARRANT.
THE TSUNAMI WARNING WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE PRODUCTS FOR ALASKA...BRITISH COLUMBIA...WASHINGTON...OREGON...CALIFORNIA.

Supposedly a 20:52z NZ arrival, thats in a few mins, I am watching the ocean here:

Live feed NZ beach at Tauranga

cam not working now???? has it been hit? maybe server is overloaded?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by haaat
Downgraded to 7.6 at a depth of 20km/12.4mi on the USGS page.

Indeed. Here is the link. Still 7.6

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

Uhhh.... Negative. Tsunami Warning still in effect.

NZ Civil Defense
edit on 6-7-2011 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Very little info on the MSM at the moment, nothing on the BBC, I found out via a facebook post.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seek_Truth
reply to post by Morgil

Uhhh.... Negative. Tsunami Warning still in effect.

NZ Civil Defense
edit on 6-7-2011 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

I stand corrected, good sir.

That camera is at or near mount Maunganui which I noticed has no arrival time data on that link.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do we have any good New Z residents who could keep us updated on local news of the event?

Maybe some links?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgil

There are conflicting reports....

... TSUNAMI WARNING CANCELLATION ... THE TSUNAMI WARNING AND/OR WATCH ISSUED BY THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER IS NOW CANCELLED FOR KERMADEC IS / TONGA / NEW ZEALAND THIS BULLETIN IS ISSUED AS ADVICE TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. ONLY NATIONAL AND LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO MAKE DECISIONS REGARDING THE OFFICIAL STATE OF ALERT IN THEIR AREA AND ANY ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN IN RESPONSE. AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS ORIGIN TIME - 1903Z 06 JUL 2011 COORDINATES - 29.4 SOUTH 175.7 WEST DEPTH - 48 KM LOCATION - KERMADEC ISLANDS REGION MAGNITUDE - 7.8

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Civil Defence: Marine risk, no tsunami

Looks like the tsunami warning has been called off.

Marine risk still though...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
well im here in nz on the coast
i hope there is no sunami as there is very little places high enough around auckland
our civil defence is still activly warning of sunami

Kea kaha

Xploder

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are people just casually grooming the beach for shells and things...

its on drudge, fox and cnn
edit on 6-7-2011 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wasn't there a prediction somewhere for a 7/7/11 earthquake or major event. Isn't it pretty close to if not already 7/7/11 in new Zealand. We may have a correct prediction in a thread somewhere for this date. I believe it was only a week or so ago that the prediction was made. I'll go look for it. If you find first post a link please.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

it is indeed 7/7/11 in new zealand we are the first country in the world to see the new days sun

the kumadec islands are a popular place to sport fish with some of the best fishing in the world
i think there are a few volcanos out that way too (i havent looked at a map yet)

but there is some deep water out there

xploder

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Here was a 7/7/11 thread about comet elenen : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

it is indeed 7/7/11 in new zealand we are the first country in the world to see the new days sun

the kumadec islands are a popular place to sport fish with some of the best fishing in the world
i think there are a few volcanos out that way too (i havent looked at a map yet)

but there is some deep water out there

xploder

I knew that nz is the first to see the sun of the new day as I'm a gamer. I get jealous every time a new game comes out. You guys have the release like 13 or so hours before me. However I did not know about the volcanoes and deep water in the location of the quake, I learned something. I've always wanted to visit new Zealand but I think ill be waiting a few years for these continuous large quakes to become less frequent.
edit on 6-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, is there going to be a tsunami or not? I imagine I, like many others have better things to do than sit around waiting for a tsunami that doesn't exist. Its annoying as hell, theres nothing on t.v. either tonight, thought at least there might be some good coverage of a new disaster to entertain us into the early hours. Oh well, still, on the bright side, at least the ring of fire is active

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i had a dodgy 7/11 dream in may but it had a spanish feel to it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

Here was a 7/7/11 thread about comet elenen : www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link, but for some reason I think there was another as well that didn't mention elenin. I may be mistaken.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This Just Released And Is VERY Confusing

Pacific tsunami warning now lifted

Posted at 20:53 on 06 July, 2011 UTC

The Pacific tsunami warning centre in Hawaii has now cancelled the tsunami warning issued for Tonga and New Zealand.

A magnitude 7.6. struck the Kermadec islands earlier this morning led to the warning. The quake was centered 211 kilometres east of Raoul Island at a depth of 20 kilometres.

Victor Sardina, a geophysicist at the Pacific tsunami warning centre in Hawaii, says the warning has now been lifted in the Pacific.

“We decided to cancel it based on several pieces of information that we gathered after the event.”

In New Zealand, the tsunami warning reminds in place as a precautionary measure.

So, Is The Tsunami Warning Cancelled Or Not?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by welshbeliever
i had a dodgy 7/11 dream in may but it had a spanish feel to it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just read that thread a bit and noticed, October is the tenth month not the eleventh so instead of October 7th it would be November. But it could have been July 2011as you mentioned as well.
In addition, I'm not 100% on this but wasn't new Zealand settled by Spaniards as well as others, if so, this could explain the Spanish architecture mentioned.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No, i know i'v read it somewhere else about 7/7 but im having trouble to find it.. ill edit if i find it, if you are faster then me post ill watch this thread!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join